Vick = Playoffs

dajari9

Plus a couple of other (simple) moves can get the Bills headed back to the playoffs...

Based on only his athletic ability and track record (not his personal baggage) Vick is twice as good as any QB the Bills currently have on the roster. Although never Peyton Manning or even a Donovan McNabb, Vick was a good QB - a great QB when you factor in his running ability. Now, he is humble and eager to prove to the world that he can come back and be a great starting QB again in this league - and he'll come cheap and motivated.

With Vick as QB, you draft a tackle with the #9 pick and place him at RT (to protect Vick's blindside)...rest of OL sets up like this:

LT - Leveitre

LG - Incognito

C - Hangartner

RG - Wood

Pretty good offensive line...especially if you make this a RUNNING team. With Vick, Jackson and Lynch (who best be motivated or he'll get shown the door with a new regime) the Bills could have one of the top 5 rushing attacks in the league. To round out the offense - pick up a FA #2 possesion receiver (lose J.Reed) so reciever depth (TE too) looks like this:

Lee Evans - 1

FA - 2

Roscoe Parrish (new "offensive" minded coach can bring out his potential??) - 3

Hardy - 4

Johnson - 5

Shawn Nelson (TE)

Derek Schunamen (TE)

Use the rest of the draft on the front 7 now that they're changing to 3-4 Defense - NT and OLB especially - secondary is already top 10 in NFL with good depth. Front 7 can line up like this:

K.Willams (LE)

Draft Pick/Free Agent(NT)

Stroud (RE)

Maybin (OLB)

Poz (ILB)

Mitchell (ILB)

Draft Pick/Free Agent (OLB)

Call me crazy but this team looks pretty good on paper and can play with all 3 teams in the division...

Vick = a POS as a person that sucked as an NFL QB, that spent time in jail and during that time lost his ability to be a great athlete which = WE SUCK EVEN FURTHER if we bring this assclown in.

I agree that he is a POS as a person...that doesn't mean he wasn't a great player in the NFL. Nobody as seen enough of him since his return to know what he has left in the tank. For a 4 or 5th round draft pick...I think it's worth the risk. Worst case scenerio he is a "slash" type of weapon they use 5-10 plays a game. It's a win win.

I agree that he is a POS as a person...that doesn't mean he wasn't a great player in the NFL. Nobody as seen enough of him since his return to know what he has left in the tank. For a 4 or 5th round draft pick...I think it's worth the risk. Worst case scenerio he is a "slash" type of weapon they use 5-10 plays a game. It's a win win.

We have parrish we can use for that. We have McKelvin we can use. I don't want that POS anywhere near this funny

Plus a couple of other (simple) moves can get the Bills headed back to the playoffs...

Based on only his athletic ability and track record (not his personal baggage) Vick is twice as good as any QB the Bills currently have on the roster. Although never Peyton Manning or even a Donovan McNabb, Vick was a good QB - a great QB when you factor in his running ability. Now, he is humble and eager to prove to the world that he can come back and be a great starting QB again in this league - and he'll come cheap and motivated.

With Vick as QB, you draft a tackle with the #9 pick and place him at RT (to protect Vick's blindside)...rest of OL sets up like this:

LT - Leveitre

LG - Incognito

C - Hangartner

RG - Wood

Pretty good offensive line...especially if you make this a RUNNING team. With Vick, Jackson and Lynch (who best be motivated or he'll get shown the door with a new regime) the Bills could have one of the top 5 rushing attacks in the league. To round out the offense - pick up a FA #2 possesion receiver (lose J.Reed) so reciever depth (TE too) looks like this:

Lee Evans - 1

FA - 2

Hardy - 4

Johnson - 5

Shawn Nelson (TE)

Derek Schunamen (TE)

Use the rest of the draft on the front 7 now that they're changing to 3-4 Defense - NT and OLB especially - secondary is already top 10 in NFL with good depth. Front 7 can line up like this:

K.Willams (LE)

Stroud (RE)

Maybin (OLB)

Poz (ILB)

Mitchell (ILB)

Call me crazy but this team looks pretty good on paper and can play with all 3 teams in the division...

All BOLD is wrong

This may come as a shock to some people but hype doesn't always equal talent. Vick is all hype and little talent. Setting aside his character issues for a moment, Vick never did anything as a starting QB. He got the Falcons to the playoffs once. He lacks accuracy. He can't read defenses. He has one skill: scrambling. You can't build an offense around a guy like him. And, by the way, spending two NFL seasons in the slammer did not improve his skills.

So you want the Bills, who have not had a good QB in years, to trade or sign Vick, who lacks every skill the Bills need in a QB? Are you so starved for media attention? Because that's all signing Vick will get the Bills.

PTR

Below are Vick's career passing stats from Atlanta from ESPN website. Would you really call him a good QB? He seems to have very pedestrian numbers for a QB. Career completion percentage is below 60% . No season with over 3000 yards passing. And a career passer rating below 80.

YEAR TEAM G CMP ATT PCT YDS AVG TD LNG INT RAT

2001 ATL 8 50 113 44.2 785 6.9 2 52 3 62.7

2002 ATL 15 231 421 54.9 2936 7 16 74 8 81.6

2003 ATL 5 50 100 50 585 5.9 4 49 3 69

2004 ATL 15 181 321 56.4 2313 7.2 14 62 12 78.1

2005 ATL 15 214 387 55.3 2412 6.2 15 58 13 73.1

2006 ATL 16 204 388 52.6 2474 6.4 20 55 13 75.7

2009 PHI 12 6 13 46.2 86 6.6 1 43 0 93.7

Career 86 936 1743 53.7 11591 6.7 72 74 52 75.9

Below are Vick's career passing stats from Atlanta from ESPN website. Would you really call him a good QB? He seems to have very pedestrian numbers for a QB. Career completion percentage is below 60% . No season with over 3000 yards passing. And a career passer rating below 80.

so youre saying you want him too?

Leveitre moved to LG from LT for a reason. He is a LG not a LT.

He's talented enough to play LT, but like you said, there's a reason he's a LG...the biggest reason would be his wingspan, IMO. Tackles need have a longer reach because they're working in space...Andy's isn't all that long, if I'm not mistaken

I don't understand the facination with Michael Vick. Do you live in Atlanta or something?

Mike Vick is a horribly inconsistent player. He makes a few good plays and alot of bonehead ones. Its very well documented that WR's don't do well with him at QB. Who was Roddy White before Matt Ryan arrived? Roddy was labeled a bust until a true pocket passer showed up.

Vick is nothing more than a 5-10 wildcat player. It isn't what the Bills needed. WE need a hard as nails QB.

This old tired discussion is 3rd only to the BS discussions about Jason Peters and The QB controversy.

Seriously people. Have you lived under a rock? Do you not know that Vick lead the Falcons to many wins and playoff appearances with absolutely ****ty WRs if memory serves ? Whoever thinks that Vick has no talent is an idiot that is letting their personal feelings about his legal troubles cloud their pathetic little minds. If you don't want him here for his off field transgressions which he paid his dues for, say that is your reason and you want to continue to punish the man even more and that he is beyond redemption in the eyes of god. Don't make up bull **** about him not having been a very effective and exciting football player on the field.

I'm sorry to be so blunt. He is not Peyton Manning that sits in the pocket. The guy is more of a Randall Cunningham Steve Young in his early days type QB. I too prefer QBs who are good traditional pocket passers that have the ability to run as a SECOND option but I wouldn't be some dumb as to say that Vick wasn't very effective at what he did.

Who was Roddy White before Matt Ryan arrived? Roddy was labeled a bust until a true pocket passer showed up.

Roddy White was a raw rookie WR with less than 2 years of experience that couldn't crack the starting lineup and stay healthy enough to start more than half of the seasons games. That's who he was. BUT, being the rational person you are I assume you will blame his shortcomings on Vick.

He sucks as a QB it's right there. Bottom line he isn't an upgrade over the trash we already have on our roster. Draft some real talent at QB and let Gailey develop him.

LT - Leveitre

LG - Incognito

C - Hangartner

RG - Wood

Lee Evans - 1

FA - 2

Hardy - 4

Johnson - 5

Shawn Nelson (TE)

Derek Schunamen (TE)

K.Willams (LE)

Stroud (RE)

Maybin (OLB)

Poz (ILB)

Mitchell (ILB)

Vick = playoffs - are you kidding me?

Michael Vick?

career completition percentage 53.7%

do i need to go any further.

For a QB to be successful in the NFL, and I mean really successful, he needs to be much closer to 65%

I'll gladly pass!

This old tired discussion is 3rd only to the BS discussions about Jason Peters and The QB controversy.

Seriously people. Have you lived under a rock? Do you not know that Vick lead the Falcons to many wins and playoff appearances with absolutely ****ty WRs if memory serves ? Whoever thinks that Vick has no talent is an idiot that is letting their personal feelings about his legal troubles cloud their pathetic little minds. If you don't want him here for his off field transgressions which he paid his dues for, say that is your reason and you want to continue to punish the man even more and that he is beyond redemption in the eyes of god. Don't make up bull **** about him not having been a very effective and exciting football player on the field.

I'm sorry to be so blunt. He is not Peyton Manning that sits in the pocket. The guy is more of a Randall Cunningham Steve Young in his early days type QB. I too prefer QBs who are good traditional pocket passers that have the ability to run as a SECOND option but I wouldn't be some dumb as to say that Vick wasn't very effective at what he did.

Those WR's are so terrible now with Matt Ryan. Things really turned around once Vick was gone, showing that they were winning despite him, not because of him

You forgot one important stat:

Wins and Losses.

No matter- I don't want him in Buffalo.

Michael Vick?

For a QB to be successful in the NFL, and I mean really successful, he needs to be much closer to 65%

I'll gladly pass!

% completion is an irrelevant stat- to me.

Checking down to a back for a two yard gain on 3rd and 9 improves passing % but it is losing football.

Bills fans should know this better than anyone.

Compare Vick and Trent-passing % and wins/losses.

I really don't care- I hate Vick and will not cheer for him.

I don't understand the facination with Michael Vick. Do you live in Atlanta or something?

Mike Vick is a horribly inconsistent player. He makes a few good plays and alot of bonehead ones. Its very well documented that WR's don't do well with him at QB. Who was Roddy White before Matt Ryan arrived? Roddy was labeled a bust until a true pocket passer showed up.

Vick is nothing more than a 5-10 wildcat player. It isn't what the Bills needed. WE need a hard as nails QB.

No, I live in Philadelphia -- he's committed to prove the naysayers wrong - and he is MUCH better then anybody on the roster now.

Roddy White was a raw rookie WR with less than 2 years of experience that couldn't crack the starting lineup and stay healthy enough to start more than half of the seasons games. That's who he was. BUT, being the rational person you are I assume you will blame his shortcomings on Vick.

Go check Roddy's stats dude. Roddy came into the league in 2005. He played with Vick again in 2006. He had 29 and 30 catches in those years. I am willing to scratch year 1 due to his rookie status but his numbers should have gone up in year two considering his skill. Roddy's break out year was with Joey Harrington of all people. He had 80 catches in 2007 while Vick was making license plates.

If you look at Roddy's increase in production while away from Vick and also look at Vicks Passing stats it easy to conclude that Vick will never be a "good" QB in the league.

Look at these stats.

TD-INT 72–52

Passing yards 11,591

QB Rating 75.9

Rushing yards 3,954

Rushing touchdowns 23

Stats at NFL.com

Vicks' Throwing TD to INT ratio is terrible. For every TD he throws he throws a INT.

Michael Vick?

I'll gladly pass!

As I've said he's not Peyton Manning or Donovan McNabb has a true QB, but when you add his rushing ability he is a GREAT NFL player...he carried a crappy ATL team to the NFC Championship not long before he was suspended. Edwards sucks, Brohm is the great unknown, Fitzpatrick is a back-up at best (with a misshapen head - have you seen him without his helmet???) and the draft is a crapshoot...at least we would know what we're getting with Vick -- Gailey won with Kordell Stewart when he was at Pittsburgh...Vick is much better then Kordell "what's growing on my face" Stewart.

This may come as a shock to some people but hype doesn't always equal talent. Vick is all hype and little talent. Setting aside his character issues for a moment, Vick never did anything as a starting QB. He got the Falcons to the playoffs once. He lacks accuracy. He can't read defenses. He has one skill: scrambling. You can't build an offense around a guy like him. And, by the way, spending two NFL seasons in the slammer did not improve his skills.

So you want the Bills, who have not had a good QB in years, to trade or sign Vick, who lacks every skill the Bills need in a QB? Are you so starved for media attention? Because that's all signing Vick will get the Bills.

PTR

Couldn't agree more

All BOLD is wrong

So I spelled a no-name TE's name wrong, and in my opinion that is a pretty good line.

Who on the current roster is better then Vick? Edwards? Fitz? Brohm -- how would you even know unless he's your cousin? Vick went to pro bowls - he ran for 1,000 yards one year (or pretty damn close). Randall Cunningham was thought to be a one-trick pony as a running QB...he proved everyone wrong in Minnesota and put together some good years after his prime

only one good season with the falcons (2004) the other years they were mediocre at best

mediocre stats

disgrace of a human being

has not played a full 60 minutes in like 5 years

I really don't see how this works. Bills pick him up in 2003? That makes sense. Hasn't played a full game since 2006? That doesn't make sense. Let's find a football player to play football for us.

OK OK OK...HERE WE GO AGAIN...

Mike is better than every sing QB we have or even thought about/ specualted about getting PERIOD. Half you are pis*ed about the dogs. Please move on got damn. The other half go on stats when you havent factored the crappy recievers he had (i really dont feel like naming them all again). His best recevier was he TE (A.Crumpler), with our recievers he'd be better. He still has the arm if you watched any eagles games you'd seen that, his legs are still good maybe not as spectacular but a 4.4 for a qb is still ridiculous. Fred/Vick/Lynch who would stop the formation???

we can do this for another couple months..it dont matter...

No, I live in Philadelphia -- he's committed to prove the naysayers wrong - and he is MUCH better then anybody on the roster now.

The guy flat sucks. He never was a good QB to begin with and suckes even more since he isn't at 1/10th the athlete he used to be.

WADR, those of you posting his passing statistics seem to miss the fact that he's the third leading all-time rusher for a QB, and the only QB to go over 1000 yards rushing is a season. He also holds the single game QB rushing record of 173 yards (on only 10 attempts). THAT is what Vick brings. Seriously, have you guys even seen him play? He was never a pocket QB, nor should a QB with 4.3 speed be a pocket passer. The guy didn't sign the biggest contract in league history (at the time) because he has no talent...

The real question is given his style of play, how much more does he have left. And, if it only costs a 5th or 6th round pick, why not find out?

WADR, those of you posting his passing statistics seem to miss the fact that he's the third leading all-time rusher for a QB, and the only QB to go over 1000 yards rushing is a season. He also holds the single game QB rushing record of 173 yards (on only 10 attempts). THAT is what Vick brings. Seriously, have you guys even seen him play? He was never a pocket QB, nor should a QB with 4.3 speed be a pocket passer. The guy didn't sign the biggest contract in league history (at the time) because he has no talent...

The real question is given his style of play, how much more does he have left. And, if it only costs a 5th or 6th round pick, why not find out?

so he's one dimensional? pass.

a runner who has not played a full sixty in 5 years? We can't risk what will happen after he starts taking the hits. Wherever he lands, if it is as an every down QB I honestly would be shocked if he lasted 5 games. Not worth the risk at all.

So I spelled a no-name TE's name wrong, and in my opinion that is a pretty good line.

Who on the current roster is better then Vick? Edwards? Fitz? Brohm -- how would you even know unless he's your cousin? Vick went to pro bowls - he ran for 1,000 yards one year (or pretty damn close). Randall Cunningham was thought to be a one-trick pony as a running QB...he proved everyone wrong in Minnesota and put together some good years after his prime

I'm just playing about the misspelled Tight End name... but... Vick isn't that good as a passer...

I researched this last year and Edwards actually is a better passer than Vick

Vick is one of the most over-hyped players in the history of the NFL. He can scramble, but is inaccurate, can't read a defense, and has horrible character. Perfect wildcat qb, but not for the Bill's. I would take Fitzpatrick or Edwards any day hands down, they are much more complete qb's as incomplete as they are. Also opposing defenses are just wanting to literally kill this guy. He would'nt last for more than a few games as I am sure there would be a heavy bounty for his head.

OK OK OK...HERE WE GO AGAIN...

Mike is better than every sing QB we have or even thought about/ specualted about getting PERIOD. Half you are pis*ed about the dogs. Please move on got damn. The other half go on stats when you havent factored the crappy recievers he had (i really dont feel like naming them all again). His best recevier was he TE (A.Crumpler), with our recievers he'd be better. He still has the arm if you watched any eagles games you'd seen that, his legs are still good maybe not as spectacular but a 4.4 for a qb is still ridiculous. Fred/Vick/Lynch who would stop the formation???

we can do this for another couple months..it dont matter...

The thing that scares me, is how good they became offensively when he left. Those lousy WRs and bad blockers are pretty good

Does anyone remember the Colts game? Fitz had 3 TD passes, looked pretty solid overall. Of course the Colts weren't trying very hard, but that's sort of my point. Even a middling QB like Fitz can play great if you give him time.

Sooooo...what that tells me is the Bills need to fix the line before we go crazy with a QB.

PTR