New Defensive Coordinator - George Edwards

ajm

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally!!!! We know who our coordinator will be, and we know what scheme we're running (3-4). So, we also know that our present personnel taken into account, we'll need maybe two new DE's, at least one NT, and probably two linebackers, at a minimum. That's five new players on defense! Seymour will be availabe... then we've got all the guys on the steelers and chargers teams that our F.O. will know about, not to mention miami... , I'd think we'll have to be active in F.A. to even field a semblence of a competent defense. Denver did it quickly and was good, and I think our secondary is better. So, who will we be targeting in F.A.?

Well then, there should be some NT's available, the Bills better land one of em' and like I said earlier target Dan Williams and Terrence Cody in the draft to spell that guy. Not sure if Kyle Williams fits at NT or not. I wonder where he'll fit? I'd say Stroud and Johnson as the ends, Paul P and Mitchell as the ILB's.

I think our roster puts us in the erfect situation to switch. Williams/Stroud look like solid fits at end. Kelsay should have been cut years ago, and Schobel is considering retirement because he wants to be closer to has family- so tradeing him may be best for both parties. Maybin may actually play in a 3-4, so right there be gained a player. That leaves us needing a NT and 1 LB if you figure Maybin/Poz/Mitchel can play. My man Nic Harris may be out of the loop though, bummer. 4-3 we needed a LB for sure and a DL, now we need 1 LB and one NT. Not much of a step back IMO. The NTs are there in FA too. With no cap ramifications, this is the year to cut ties with players and their salaries because of the no cap hit. Perfect timing.

The NTs have been discussed, but as far as LB: Peppers wants to play in a 3-4 right? Id give him a shot for sure. Merriman may not be retained in SD. Joey Porter may be on his way out in Miami, and Dansby would be an ILB target. FA looks pretty good for the Bills if they wish to spend some coin.

Well then, there should be some NT's available, the Bills better land one of em' and like I said earlier target Dan Williams and Terrence Cody in the draft to spell that guy. Not sure if Kyle Williams fits at NT or not. I wonder where he'll fit? I'd say Stroud and Johnson as the ends, Paul P and Mitchell as the ILB's.

This guy supposedly coached Seymour in college. Seymour would be a nice fit at DE in a revamped 3-4.

I think our roster puts us in the erfect situation to switch. Williams/Stroud look like solid fits at end. Kelsay should have been cut years ago, and Schobel is considering retirement because he wants to be closer to has family- so tradeing him may be best for both parties. Maybin may actually play in a 3-4, so right there be gained a player. That leaves us needing a NT and 1 LB if you figure Maybin/Poz/Mitchel can play. My man Nic Harris may be out of the loop though, bummer. 4-3 we needed a LB for sure and a DL, now we need 1 LB and one NT. Not much of a step back IMO. The NTs are there in FA too. With no cap ramifications, this is the year to cut ties with players and their salaries because of the no cap hit. Perfect timing.

The NTs have been discussed, but as far as LB: Peppers wants to play in a 3-4 right? Id give him a shot for sure. Merriman may not be retained in SD. Joey Porter may be on his way out in Miami, and Dansby would be an ILB target. FA looks pretty good for the Bills if they wish to spend some coin.

Not picking on you because you are not the only one to say this, but I just don't get it. Stroud and Williams are not DE's.

Seems wasteful to switch defensive fronts and create more holes for a team that has many already.

Not picking on you because you are not the only one to say this, but I just don't get it. Stroud and Williams are not DE's.

Why? They are the same size and have the same strengths as 3-4 DEs do. Stroud is a former all pro and Williams IMO will only improve incredibly in a 3-4. They are both more naturally 3 or 5 tech tackles, not 1 techs. If anything, Williams and Stroud have been playing out of position when they were forced to be 1 techs. Im not sure what type of 3-4 system this new dude employs, but I dont see any problem with asking Williams or Stroud to either penetrete one gap or fill 2 gaps.

Why are they not 3-4 DEs? Are you they guy suggesting Kelsay/Schobel/Maybin be our 3-4 DEs?

How old is Porter? Maybe a mentor for Maybin? One on each side. Wilfork, Franklin, Jamal Williams and Hampton could all be on the market for NT as well. The Bills could then target Dan Williams or Terrence Cody to spell one of them in the 2nd or a trade up into the late 1st round..........ooooooh yeah brothers......and sisters too!!!! ;)

Porter didn't talk to his coach the last couple months of the season. I doubt edwards would be gung ho about having that kind of head case in the Blo.

I'm willing to give him a shot -- and if past quotes are any indication he could be a nice fit...

Edwards has been known to make immediate impacts in coaching positions on the college and NFL level. With Georgia in 1997, Edwards coached future first-rounders Richard Seymour and Marcus Stroud on the defensive line.

"Coach Edwards is one of the best assistants in the NFL," former Gator and current Miami Dolphins linebacker Channing Crowder said. "He has had a huge impact on me and I looked up to him like a father."

Gators name DC

articles on buffalobills.com and espn.com, but nothing linked on the front page?

cmon mods!

;)

What makes you think the mods have anything to do with the front page?