• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

George Edwards Timeline

2002 Washington Redskins Linebackers Coach

2003 Washington Redskins Defensive Coordinator

Steve Spurrier was head coach of the Washington NFL team with the racist nickname in 2002-03. He was a total bust in DC (although he made a ton of money from Danny Snyder a/k/a the short meddling owner), but what do you all make of this connection -- is there something there, is it just coincidence, or a red herring. I honestly don't know anything about whether Spurrier ever gave defenses a second thought. Tho I seem to recall him being a totally hands off HC in DC.

I am very happy with this. I posted, about a month ago, Edwards' wiki page and talked about how he developed Stroud and Seymour...also helped Coakley and Arrington to the Pro-Bowl, as well as some others.

I think his defense will be the best we have seen in a long time, but we do need some help on D to run a 3-4 now.

I also think this could end up being the future head coach of the buffalo bills within time.

NICE HIRE CHAN! ;)

I dont think Denny or Kelsay are in our future as DE's. They were not great against the run when they had an extra DL helping them to the side.

We are going to be seeing some new faces folks.....both at DL and LB. I think that Stroud, Williams, and Spencer can be DE's in this system. We also have LB's to play it but will now need reserve guys that are not 220 pound lb's

Denny is a goner....Kelsey is a sub when everyone else is tired!

I never mentioned Kelsay/Schobel, or Maybin. I just don't think Stroud or Williams can play end. That's all.

Yea some guy on on here was suggesting that, wasnt sure who it was.

Do you wanna give us your reasons as to why? Just curious

Way to go Chan....selling this guy on Buffalo. Glad he's excited to leave a perennial winner and sunshine in Fla, to mediocrity and gray/cold. Hopefully we look back on this and realize what a great hire it was. Maybe the Chan/Nix combo is starting to pay dividends.