Eagles not trading Vick

major

Pretty expensive quarterback roster. I suspect that this is a negotiation ploy--If I don't get a great deal for him I'll be delighted to keep him. What do you expect Andy Reid to say...I'll dump him for almost anything because my qb roster is overcrowded and expensive and I have both my short term guy (McNabb) and my long term guy (Kolb) and having this other guy is better than having a very high first round draft pick or two?

I thought this thread was created to not talk about the subject it was directed at, Unless I'm mistaken... ;)

I don't get it. We talk about Vick, right?

No one will trade for him. People have forgotten that last year there wasn't exactly a whole lot of teams clamoring for his services. What did he do in Philly (or his entire career) that would increase that interest?

I followed directions correctly according to TBD logic, right?

I don't get it. We talk about Vick, right?

No one will trade for him. People have forgotten that last year there wasn't exactly a whole lot of teams clamoring for his services. What did he do in Philly (or his entire career) that would increase that interest?

I followed directions correctly according to TBD logic, right?

Ok... Now!

old article, already posts on here regarding this...look around a little before posting, and thanks for trying to be the Message Board Boss and tell people what not to post about, your a real winner

So you decided to open a new thread to tell the rest of us we'd better not open up any more threads on the topic. On top of which, the old thread already contained the report you're referencing (a report whose flaws have already been discussed)?

Bravo, sir.

Yeah, cause nobody on this board ever tells us what we should and shouldn't talk about....

No, that never happens... Major is the first...

you do know that anyone can write an article and post it on bleacher report right?

Well...That may be true...But what was written in that article is 100% accurate...I saw the whole interview myself on The NFL Network...Lombardi said EXACTLY what the article says he said. He said the Eagles really like what they have at QB and he was told directly by his source that Vick specifically will not be Traded...Now maybe they lied to Lombardi, I don't know, don't care...But he definitely did say Vick would not be Traded and that The Eagles plan on increasing his roll in 2010...

For what it's worth... :lol:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/...not-trade-vick/

NFL Network's Michael Lombardi reported Tuesday night that the Eagles, suddenly, plan to keep quarterback Michael Vick.

Lombardi says the Eagles feel as if they're "in a luxury position" with regard to their current quarterback group. They have Vick, probable future starter Kevin Kolb, and five-time Pro Bowler Donovan McNabb signed through 2010.

All are also entering contract years.

We're not buying Lombardi's report.

Even in an uncapped year, are we really supposed to believe the Eagles will pay Vick the $5.25 million he's due next season to be a third-stringer who only has value in rare, package-type situations? Are we really supposed to believe that Vick will suddenly regain the explosiveness he lost after 18 months in prison as he goes on age 30? Are we really supposed to believe that the Eagles believe any of this?

Our guess is that a member of the Eagles' organization told Lombardi the team won't trade Vick with the intention of driving up his trade value. If the Eagles appear less desperate to unload the overpaid non-contributor, teams interested in Vick may be less inclined to wait for his release as the March 5 deadline for his $1.5 million roster bonus payment approaches.

Time will tell if the Eagles' strategy works. But don't expect Vick to be on Philadelphia's 2010 roster barring a sizable pay cut.

I think this is a far more likely interpretation than an intent to actually keep the three qb's.