Anyone here JT The Brick last night?

Buftex

So, JT the Brick, the overnight guy on Fox Sports Radio had Jim Kelly on last night. I missed the interview. But, afterwards, he mentioned something about getting the feeling, after "sharing a few pops with Jim Kelly", the Bills could be looking at at a QB corps of Michael Vick, Tim Tebow and Brian Brohm. He said "We know the Bills are going hard after Vick, and now it sounds like they might be willing to trade up to the early second for Tebow, if he's still there...so the Bills could be looking at Mike Vick, Tim Tebow and Brian Brohm... I like it... Tebow is special, let him sit behind Vick for two years, he could be very special."

Now, I am not trying to start a rumor, just wondering what Kelly said to prompt Brick to say that. BTW, Brick is a college buddy of Russ Brandon.

Jacksonville is taking tebow in round one IMO they have to save the franchise

Well I would take garrard from them if possible.

I am not totally oppossed to Vick, but at what cost, for how long, and in what role. He could work(crossed fingers). I just didnt see much out of him this past season in the limited role he had in Philly.

Trading up for Tebow in the 2nd would be insanity. If we take him in the second, he better turn out to be the golden boy.

I just want to see some competitive football out of the bills at this point. I will follow whatever with the new regime, and trust it works for the time being. I am just so desperate for football here that I dont care what we do anymore. If all this stupid stuff doesnt work, I think we officially become the Oakland Raiders.

Also what is going on with Culpepper. Is he available or on a trade block. He is a guy whould could be an excellent mentor to a rookie QB, and I think he still has a season or 2 of decent ball left in him

So, JT the Brick, the overnight guy on Fox Sports Radio had Jim Kelly on last night. I missed the interview. But, afterwards, he mentioned something about getting the feeling, after "sharing a few pops with Jim Kelly", the Bills could be looking at at a QB corps of Michael Vick, Tim Tebow and Brian Brohm. He said "We know the Bills are going hard after Vick, and now it sounds like they might be willing to trade up to the early second for Tebow, if he's still there...so the Bills could be looking at Mike Vick, Tim Tebow and Brian Brohm... I like it... Tebow is special, let him sit behind Vick for two years, he could be very special."

Now, I am not trying to start a rumor, just wondering what Kelly said to prompt Brick to say that. BTW, Brick is a college buddy of Russ Brandon.

:thumbsup::worthy:

Please tell me this is a Bull Pattie post!!! I'd hate have to switch to another team until Vick left. When he left I'd come back to a franchise still trying to find a QB.

Well according to the value chart their 2nd and 3rd would garner a late 1st, so probably not.

Giving-up 2 picks in this draft is also something I wouldn't want them to do. I think back to trading up to get Poz when they could have sat there and gotten Harris.

Tebow is a project....round 3 the earliest.

Vick? Not particularly effective in his career, an inaccurate passer and he electrocuted and tortured dogs. That's a complete package for you. Hey Russ, stay the Hell away from football stuff and let Nix and the Whaley make player decisions.

Tebow is a project....round 3 the earliest.

Vick? Not particularly effective in his career, an inaccurate passer and he electrocuted and tortured dogs. That's a complete package for you. Hey Russ, stay the Hell away from football stuff and let Nix and the Whaley make player decisions.

I don't know if I buy any of this either, just repeating what Brick said...he theorized that the signing of Terrell Owens was a "litmus test" to seeing how Bills fans might react to Vick... apparently that went well, from the Bills point of view.

I don't want Vick by any means (and neither does Kelly, as the link to his on-line chat, in another thread indicates), but it is really mostly for emotional reasons. For football reasons, I think people who hate the guy, and people who love the guy tend to exaggerate one way or another as to how bad or good he is. As I recall, the year he led the Falcons into Green Bay to knock them out of the playoffs, he really looked like he was about to become a legitimate superstar. If you recall, that season, he concentrated on being a more traditional NFL QB, and had some decent results.

His arm strength was tremendous, and his accuracy improved a lot. The Falcons never had any real legit receivers during his time there (possibly because of Vick?)...guess what I am trying to say, he would be a hell of a lot more exciting than what we have been watching the last 7 years...I don't want him, but, I suppose I could warm up to the idea if he was any good. This is the kind of guy Chan Gailey apparently likes... so Vick and/or Tebow don't seem out of the question...

JK can NOT stand Vick on multiple levels. He lied to him coming out of the draft...he was going to have JK's brother be his agent. Vick came to Buffalo to watch tape with Jimbo learn nuances of the pro game and QB position. He committed and to Kelly Enterprises and then went back on his word and signed with another agent.

Then, Jimbo is disgusted by everything else the guy has done in terms of his thuggish behavior.....so gee, can't imagine why he wouldn't want him as the QB of the Bills.

Plus, Vick does not like cold weather. So someone else can GLADLY take him

I don't know if I buy any of this either, just repeating what Brick said...he theorized that the signing of Terrell Owens was a "litmus test" to seeing how Bills fans might react to Vick... apparently that went well, from the Bills point of view.

:thumbsup:

A tempermental, sure-fire HOF WR, who has kept his nose clean is a litmus test for Ron Mexico with a rap sheet longer than the list of failed Bills QB's??

Must be a slow news day..