Sal Pal on Philly radio regarding Vick, McNabb

Nothing major here, but ESPN's Sal Paolantonio was on Philly radio talking mostly Eagles stuff this afternoon. Regarding Vick, he said the Eagles had given Vick's agent permission to seek a trade. He said the Eagles are not going to keep Vick and that they hope to get some kind of trade, but the price would be low. Sal said Vick desperately wants to go to a team where he has an opportunity to start. Sal said Buffalo and the Cards were the two teams where Vick could become a starter next year. He said Vick's agent has been in contact with the Bills.

Regarding McNabb, Sal indicated the Eagles would trade McNabb if they can get somebody to surrender a first round pick, but Sal said he can not imagine any team giving up a first rounder. If the Eagles do not get a first round pick, Sal said he could see McNabb back with the Eagles.

Nothing major here, but ESPN's Sal Paolantonio was on Philly radio talking mostly Eagles stuff this afternoon. Regarding Vick, he said the Eagles had given Vick's agent permission to seek a trade. He said the Eagles are not going to keep Vick and that they hope to get some kind of trade, but the price would be low. Sal said Vick desperately wants to go to a team where he has an opportunity to start. Sal said Buffalo and the Cards were the two teams where Vick could become a starter next year. He said Vick's agent has been in contact with the Bills.

Regarding McNabb, Sal indicated the Eagles would trade McNabb if they can get somebody to surrender a first round pick, but Sal said he can not imagine any team giving up a first rounder. If the Eagles do not get a first round pick, Sal said he could see McNabb back with the Eagles.

funny thing is that lombardi just said Vick is staying

will see

funny thing is that lombardi just said Vick is staying

will see

there is no way the Eagles are going to pay both McNabb and Vick next year so one of them will be traded

Vick is due 5.3 mil next year and I think McNabb is in the 12 mil range with 6.5 of that due a few days after the draft

I would be shocked at this point if the Eagles traded McNabb...they believe they are as close as anyone to winning a super bowl and will make at least one more run with McNabb and the weapons they finally surrounded him with

I know not many on this board will agree with me, but, I think a 1st round pick for an All-Pro QB with at least 3 good years left is a steal, especially the way the Bills draft. I know everybody (myself included) is hoping that the "New Regime" comes in and changes the poor drafting this team is known for, but looking back at our last few 1st round picks:

Would you trade ___________ for Donovan Mcnabb right now?

2009- Aaron Maybin: YES

2009- Eric Wood: Yes

2008- Leodis: Yes

2007- Marshawn: Yes

2006- Donte: Yes

2005: none

2004: JP- YES

2004: Evans: Yes

Obviously you have a chance of getting a very good player in the 1st round, but odds are strongly in favor that he wont be as good as Donovan. I would give almost whatever it takes to put him in a Bills uni for 2010 to 2013 or 2014. Get a guy in the 3rd or wait til next year and get a GOOD QB like Mallett or Locker, and let him sit for 2 years.

Just my 2 cents on this subject.

I know not many on this board will disagree with me, but, I think a 1st round pick for an All-Pro QB with at least 3 good years left is a steal, especially the way the Bills draft. I know everybody (myself included) is hoping that the "New Regime" comes in and changes the poor drafting this team is known for, but looking back at our last few 1st round picks:

Obviously you have a chance of getting a very good player in the 1st round, but odds are strongly in favor that he wont be as good as good as Donovan. I would give almost whatever it takes to put him in a Bills uni for 2010 to 2013 or 2014. Get a guy in the 3rd or wait til next year and get a GOOD QB like Mallett or Locker, and let him sit for 2 years.

good point...but I do expect this team to turn around the drafts. However with that said, Mcnabb would make a bigger improvement to this team right now than ANY rookie in this draft.

good point...but I do expect this team to turn around the drafts. However with that said, Mcnabb would make a bigger improvement to this team right now than ANY rookie in this draft.

I also think that if the Bills were to do this, they should try trading down, maybe sending their 1st for someone's later first and their 2nd, then trade the 1st for Donovan, and draft a LT first in the 2nd, as there will still be Tackles there that will start and be an immediate improvement for this team. Draft a LB or DT in the 2nd as well, spend the 3rd on DT or LB and suddenly we may be a contender again....

You guys are crazy

I love McNabb......but not the cost of a first round pick.....no way. I would trade my 2nd and 4th

Crazy?? The guy was in the Pro Bowl this year....again. While a 2nd and 4th would be great, Im just sayin do what it takes. Get Chambers or Walter in here to go alongside Lee, and were good again. Immediately a contender in the weak as its been in a while AFC East. Why everyone thinks McNabb isnt worth anything I dont know. He is a legit perennial all pro QB, and has at least a few good years left. With a Rookie QB were right back to square one, and with any player we draft in rd 1 were still miles away from being truly good. Donovan will make an immedate impact at our biggest hole for the last decade.

Donovan would be AWESOME for a 2nd and 4th, but still worth every penny of a 1st round pick.

Crazy?? The guy was in the Pro Bowl this year....again. While a 2nd and 4th would be great, Im just sayin do what it takes. Get Chambers or Walter in here to go alongside Lee, and were good again. Immediately a contender in the weak as its been in a while AFC East. Why everyone thinks McNabb isnt worth anything I dont know. He is a legit perennial all pro QB, and has at least a few good years left. With a Rookie QB were right back to square one, and with any player we draft in rd 1 were still miles away from being truly good. Donovan will make an immedate impact at our biggest hole for the last decade.

Donovan would be AWESOME for a 2nd and 4th, but still worth every penny of a 1st round pick.

Sorry we are just going to have to agree to disagree

Who are we going to put in front of him to protect him? That 1st round pick needs to be a LT no doubt about it.

Who are we going to put in front of him to protect him? That 1st round pick needs to be a LT no doubt about it.

Yep, have to agree with you. As good as McNabb is, there are too many other holes on this team. Giving up a 1st for him at this point would be a waste. Even the 2nd & 4th I would rather keep.

I agree we need a LT, and need one bad. But do you think the drop off from Bulaga to say Ciron Black, whom we could likely get in rd 2, is a bigger drop off from Donovan to Trent? or Brohm? I dont. And I get the "no 1st for Donovan" thing, but Donovan would be the best QB weve had since Kelly. And I think you would be able to get better FA in here as well, showing people and players we want to win now.

I know not many on this board will agree with me, but, I think a 1st round pick for an All-Pro QB with at least 3 good years left is a steal, especially the way the Bills draft. I know everybody (myself included) is hoping that the "New Regime" comes in and changes the poor drafting this team is known for, but looking back at our last few 1st round picks:

Obviously you have a chance of getting a very good player in the 1st round, but odds are strongly in favor that he wont be as good as Donovan. I would give almost whatever it takes to put him in a Bills uni for 2010 to 2013 or 2014. Get a guy in the 3rd or wait til next year and get a GOOD QB like Mallett or Locker, and let him sit for 2 years.

Ok ok lets give them a first round pick. Marshawn, pack your chit you're going to Philadelphia.

I agree with you about getting McNabb now for a first rounder. I personally think they could get away with a 2nd and a conditional pick of some kind. Either way, people say Donavon can't win the BIG games, that is ok with me too. I feel he can still lead a team to the playoffs for another 3 years, and allow a guy like Brian Bhrom or a late round pick develop. Either Edwards or Fitzy are still good back ups in case McNabb gets injured as well. Look what he did with a terrible O line this year.

I don't agree on some of your picks you wouldn't take over McNabb. Mostly Wood, Leodis, and Evans. I think if Wood can recover fine he is going to be a pro bowler for the next decade. I was at the season opener when McKelvin fumbled and blew a huge game, but the guy is a playmaker and you can't have enough of those. If I were Lee Evans I would demand out of town just based on the whole offensive situation. Defending Lee Evans feels just like when I had to defend Eric Moulds because we couldn't choose a QB.

Other than that, i'm with you, lets take McNabb and not pay for a 1st rounder who is overrated by Mel Kiper.

not a top 10 #9

Can't use the Pro Bowl to judge a players talent anymore if they continue to play it the week before the SB. Garrard of Jax also made the Pro Bowl and I don't consider him to be anything special.