Andre Reed needs to be inducted this year.

basskik11

I can't think for the life of me a player who has been so under rated throughout his career.

Let's all pray he gets in. He deserves it!

http://www.profootballhof.com/hof/member.aspx?PlayerId=265

I agree when you saw all the crossing patterns he ran over the middle, right into the teeth of the defense, no other WR did it as consistently. Redskin fans whined about Art Monk, but all he did was run short fade patterns to the sidelines, away from the defense. And Reed was often the #1 WR for the Bills, attracting the most attention from the defense. Whereas Monk as low as #3 for the Skins "Posse."

I hope it happens too, but I wouldn't bet on it. To many first year ballot players this year that will get in ahead of him: Emmitt, Rice, Tim Brown, possibly Shannon Sharpe on his second year. Plus you have someone like Chris Carter who is also waiting to get in. Hopefully in the voter's mind, Reed tops carter.

I hope it happens too, but I wouldn't bet on it. To many first year ballot players this year that will get in ahead of him: Emmitt, Rice, Tim Brown, possibly Shannon Sharpe on his second year. Plus you have someone like Chris Carter who is also waiting to get in. Hopefully in the voter's mind, Reed tops carter.

othet than rice, i wouldnt take any of those guys ahead of reed on my team

And Reed was often the #1 WR for the Bills, attracting the most attention from the defense. Whereas Monk as low as #3 for the Skins "Posse."

Monk may have been the number 3 option in the Redskins' offense in the last year or 2 of his career but the bulk of it he was the most productive guy on the roster.

1980: Rec: 1st Yds: 1st TDs: 3rd

1981: Rec: 2nd Yds: 1st TDs: 1st

1982: Rec: 1st Yds: 2nd TDs: 2nd ** Strike Year

1983: Rec: 2nd Yds: 2nd TDs: 3rd ** Missed a quarter of the season

1984: Rec: 1st Yds: 1st TDs: 1st

1985: Rec: 1st Yds: 1st TDs: 3rd

1986: Rec: 2nd Yds: 2nd TDs: 2nd

1987: Rec: 3rd Yds: 3rd TDs: 2nd ** Missed a quarter of the season.

1988: Rec: 2nd Yds: 2nd TDs: 3rd

1989: Rec: 1st Yds: 1st TDs: 2nd

1990: Rec: 2nd Yds: 2nd TDs: 2nd

1991: Rec: 1st Yds: 2nd TDs: 2nd

I agree when you saw all the crossing patterns he ran over the middle, right into the teeth of the defense, no other WR did it as consistently. Redskin fans whined about Art Monk, but all he did was run short fade patterns to the sidelines, away from the defense. And Reed was often the #1 WR for the Bills, attracting the most attention from the defense. Whereas Monk as low as #3 for the Skins "Posse."

Reed should have gotten in over Monk and Irvin. I don't even think Monk is a HOF'er and neither did Peter King(always said he should be in the hall of the very good) until he had a chat with Joe Gibbs. As stupid as it sounds Reeds window has come and gone. Too many WR's with better number will be eligeible in the next decade. Rice, Carter, Brown, Harrison, TO to name a few. Unless they expand the number of players that can make the HOF per year it just isn't going to happen.

I'm fully in Andre's corner...he deserves it 100%.

But this just ain't the year for an already (unjustly) borderline WR to sneak into the hall. The deck is too stacked. It would be like Kurt Warner trying to get in the same year as Brett Favre, Peyton Manning and Tom Brady.

August 2011 baby...I'll drag my ass back to those uncomfortable bleachers at Fawcett Stadium and all us Bills fans can bring the house down like we did this past summer. :wallbash:

Reed should have gotten in over Monk and Irvin. I don't even think Monk is a HOF'er and neither did Peter King(always said he should be in the hall of the very good) until he had a chat with Joe Gibbs. As stupid as it sounds Reeds window has come and gone. Too many WR's with better number will be eligeible in the next decade. Rice, Carter, Brown, Harrison, TO to name a few. Unless they expand the number of players that can make the HOF per year it just isn't going to happen.

But the funny thing is EVERY team would love to have a WR that could go across the middle like Reed. Other than Rice, I take Reed over the other guys simply for that reason. I WR of that quality going across the middle attracts so much attention that it frees up room on the outside for the other guys. And Reed turned plenty a 10 yard crossing route into long TDs.

Reed is not going to get in. He just doesn't have a Hall of Fame record.

How can you say that? He had the 2nd most catches in NFL history, behind only Jerry Rice.... The league is much more pass-happy now, so the numbers haven't held up, but that doesn't mean he wasn't there.

And as others have said, nobody else went over the middle and took the shots that Reed did game after game.

That said, I doubt it'll happen this year. :wallbash:

I can't think for the life of me a player who has been so under rated throughout his career.

Let's all pray he gets in. He deserves it!

http://www.profootballhof.com/hof/member.aspx?PlayerId=265

Won't happen. They talked about this last summer, so many Bills have went in lately it hurts Reeds chances. AND you have 3 other WR's that were more 'poplular' in the race with him.

Aint going to happen. Rice and Carter will go in and face it Reed just isn't in their league.

You are comparing apples and oranges. There were more of an outside threat- Reed did his best work over the middle. He is a stronger/less shifty version of Wes Welker and very deserving of the hall of fame. More deserving than Kelly was

IMO Reed was better then Carter.

Mine too, and Brown wasn't quite as good as either of them IMO. They should look at Reed's playoff numbers before they discard him to the back of the list so quickly but public opinion rules. Plus I do understand that Emmit and Rice and guys like that absolutely need to go in 1st without question.

Let's hope that never happens.

Aw, why not? Make it like Little League -- EVERYONE gets a trophy!

(Before your head explodes, you know I'm kidding about that.)

My thoughts on the Class of 2010:

• Emmitt and Rice are locks.
  • Seniors candidates: Lebeau has a good shot, but if Little gets in, I guess we need to go back and start looking at every RB who ever had a 1000-yard season. (See: EVERYONE, etc., etc.)
  • Carter>Brown. I'm willing to argue Reed's record against CC's, but Mr. "He Just Catches Touchdowns" has more national support. If one WR/TE gets in, it'll be Carter ... unless he's nudged out by Shannon Sharpe, and I'm not sure I'd have a problem with that. Four-time All-Pro, three Super Bowl rings, and the only TE with 10,000 yards; if you want to contrast/compare with the other TEs already in the Hall, he matches up well. (Plus, it might shut up the Broncos fans who will whine about Little's rejection. Don't discount that.)
  • Others: Year by year, Dent and Grimm have been inching their way closer. At least one, and possibly both, finally make it. I'm personally in favor of Coryell because of his impact on the game, but the lack of a SB ring may keep him out.
  • ...and yeah, that doesn't leave any room for Andre. Someday, I think, but not with the current logjam at WR.

carter had terrific hands but he was slow as molasses. a lot of his catches came near the sidelines where the ball was thrown so he either caught it (which he most often did) or it went out of bounds. there was no point calling post routes or crossing routes for him since he wasn't fast enough to get deep, nor a good enough runner to get YAC

Aw, why not? Make it like Little League -- EVERYONE gets a trophy!

(Before your head explodes, you know I'm kidding about that.)

The whining from the selection committee seems to pretty much agree with that statement. They want to pretty much honor any player they have heard of. :w00t:

My thoughts on the Class of 2010:

Emmitt and Rice are locks.

Yup.

Seniors candidates: Lebeau has a good shot, but if Little gets in, I guess we need to go back and start looking at every RB who ever had a 1000-yard season. (See: EVERYONE, etc., etc.)

I think LeBeau is pretty much a lock. His playing career was decent, but I do not think it is enough to make it into the Hall. Of course, it always helps your numbers when Night Train Lane is on the other side and Yale Lary is the safety. The reason he is a lock is because there is mounting criticism for the lack of assistant coaches in the Hall. Even though the rule state that the selection committee is only allowed to look at LeBeau's playing career, some have already stated that they will ignore the rules and factor his career as a coach in their decision. Little does not belong. He is pretty much the Marshall Goldberg of this year.

Carter>Brown. I'm willing to argue Reed's record against CC's, but Mr. "He Just Catches Touchdowns" has more national support. If one WR/TE gets in, it'll be Carter ... unless he's nudged out by Shannon Sharpe, and I'm not sure I'd have a problem with that. Four-time All-Pro, three Super Bowl rings, and the only TE with 10,000 yards; if you want to contrast/compare with the other TEs already in the Hall, he matches up well. (Plus, it might shut up the Broncos fans who will whine about Little's rejection. Don't discount that.)

I see Sharpe, Carter, Brown getting in before Reed. If I had to predict, I would pick that order for induction. Sharpe might get in this year, but I am leaning against it.

Others: Year by year, Dent and Grimm have been inching their way closer. At least one, and possibly both, finally make it. I'm personally in favor of Coryell because of his impact on the game, but the lack of a SB ring may keep him out.

...and yeah, that doesn't leave any room for Andre. Someday, I think, but not with the current logjam at WR.

They will probably avoid any other skilled players this year to leave Smith and Rice on their own. I think Grimm gets in this year. I think the sleeper this year is Haley. There has been a quiet movement going for him and there is some support in the room for him. I would not be shocked if he gets in.

My picks (not that I agree with them) is Rice, Smith, LeBeau, Grimm and Haley. Dent has a good shot and could replace Haley this year.

Superbowl rings and team record is an ridiculous consideration. Those things are based on being lucky enough to end up on the right team. If Bruce Smith played on Indianapolis in the early 1990's, his sack total may have been cut in half, as teams wouldn't be playing from behind as much.

Aint going to happen. Rice and Carter will go in and face it Reed just isn't in their league.

What you fail to recognize is the era he played in this is before throw it on every down, before no touching the reciever when he left the game where was he ranked. Guys are gonna blow past Jerry Rice and Carter as well but they also deserve to be in the hall of fame. During his playing career he was the second best wide out in the league and I think he's gettin in

What you fail to recognize is the era he played in this is before throw it on every down, before no touching the reciever when he left the game where was he ranked. Guys are gonna blow past Jerry Rice and Carter as well but they also deserve to be in the hall of fame. During his playing career he was the second best wide out in the league and I think he's gettin in

What he fails to recognize is that he is completely wrong.

Your nuts, the best over the middle guy in his prime. made a ton of great TD's

In the case of Reed from the Buffalo Bills: Reed benefited from a pass-orientated offense; was on a team that has six Hall of Famers with one being quarterback Jim Kelly; and generally didn't dominate despite the famous K-Gun offense.

Not to mention a tendency to pull dumb penalties in major games, milking injuries, and a piss poor attitude.

Yup...he deserved a few pro bowls and the wall of fame in buffalo. Not a hall of famer. Tasker should get in first from the bills.

If Andre had only done that against the Giants in SB XXV, he would already be in the Hall. But the Giant's defense rattled him. It's a shame, but it's not so much what a player does over his entire career, but often what he does in the BIG game. Plus he has a lot of good competition to get in the Hall -- many of them WR. It won't be easy. Yes, he DOES deserve to get in, but so do others. It will be tough I think for him to make it.

If Andre had only done that against the Giants in SB XXV, he would already be in the Hall. But the Giant's defense rattled him. It's a shame, but it's not so much what a player does over his entire career, but often what he does in the BIG game. Plus he has a lot of good competition to get in the Hall -- many of them WR. It won't be easy. Yes, he DOES deserve to get in, but so do others. It will be tough I think for him to make it.

Where do you guys get this stuff from? They 'rattled' him? 2-3-6 zone defense that blanketed our receivers. It's on Kelly and Marchibroda to change the gameplan and run more. They adjusted too late. Can't blame Reed for not getting open when blanketed by 6 DBs and 3 LBs though.

It's true that was one time when the hits shook him up ... I wouldn't be surprised he suffered a low grade concussion. But that was one game. And haven't heard a single media critic call him out on that. Probably a memory only for us suffering Bills fans.

You are comparing apples and oranges. There were more of an outside threat- Reed did his best work over the middle. He is a stronger/less shifty version of Wes Welker and very deserving of the hall of fame. More deserving than Kelly was

You could argue that both ways.

Reed needed a very accurate QB to be successful, since he did not get a lot of separation, but always put himself in a good position to make the catch, and keep the defender away from the ball, if the ball was thrown to right spot.

Kelly needed a receiver like Reed who could make the tough catches in traffic and use his body to shield defenders, since he liked to force the ball in so much. They were the perfect complement to each others skills.

In the case of Reed from the Buffalo Bills: Reed benefited from a pass-orientated offense; was on a team that has six Hall of Famers with one being quarterback Jim Kelly; and generally didn't dominate despite the famous K-Gun offense.

Not to mention a tendency to pull dumb penalties in major games, milking injuries, and a piss poor attitude.

Yup...he deserved a few pro bowls and the wall of fame in buffalo. Not a hall of famer. Tasker should get in first from the bills.

That might be the dumbest post in your history, which is quite an accomplishment.

Reed is not going to get in. He just doesn't have a Hall of Fame record.

I don't remember many defensive coordinators game planning to stop Cris Carter!! D.C's always game planned for Andre Reed. How can you justify Jim Kelly as a H.O.F.er and not the wide receiver that helped him attain many of his numbers. Just ask Buddy Ryan what he thought about Cris Carter.

Where do you guys get this stuff from? They 'rattled' him? 2-3-6 zone defense that blanketed our receivers. It's on Kelly and Marchibroda to change the gameplan and run more. They adjusted too late. Can't blame Reed for not getting open when blanketed by 6 DBs and 3 LBs though.

No, watch the game again. He got rattled in that game.