Mike Mayock's #1 Rated QB....

DarthICE

Exactly. Bradford can read a defense and see a field faster than anyone coming out of college I have seen in a long long time.

That won't matter if he can't stay on the field and so far he hasn't proven he can. You put him behind out current OL and he'll be out before the end of the first game.

Line first, QB second.

Bradford is one of the most accurate passer and best decision makers to come out in a while. He has also been really only seriously injured once in his career. The knock on Clausen is that he throws the ball up for grabs a lot, and isn't that accurate on his deep ball.

Clausen's 68 plus percent completion percentage begs to differ and he also had an above the Parcels standard (60%) completion percentage in his sophomore season as well. So I don't get the accuracy issue thing and as far as his deep ball is concerned I have seen him complete the deep ball very accurately to receivers in stride. Also he might have had a few up for grabs balls due to the lack of protection from his offensive line.

Bradford is injury prone and you don't know how is reading skills will translate into the NFL its a lot easier to read teams Defenses when operating from the spread.

Jimmy Clausen is unquestionably the top quarterback prospect in this draft. He threw for 28 touchdowns and only four picks on an 8.8 YPA and a 68.0 completion percentage this year. He's superior to Sam Bradford because he has a bigger arm and has spent three years in a West Coast offense. Bradford, on the other hand, is coming out of a shotgun spread offense and just had shoulder surgery. His arm strength is also very questionable.

This is a pyss poor year for qb's and I wouldn't see either Clausen or Bradford as top ten picks in most drafts. In any event our crying desperate absolutely critical need for the the past x years is and has been THE OFFENSIVE LINE. Hence I think we'll pick a cornerback or safety.

Neither Clausen or Bradford would please me. They arent going to succeed here. Prob not anywhere without a lot fo support. I am all for building a team that can win with any QB, rather than betting the farm on one guy. Lets play dominating D and run the ball. Thats what will win in Buffalo.

Ultimately, this didn't work for the jets.

Ultimately, this didn't work for the jets.

Maybe their excellent defense and strong running game was not an ULTIMATE success but getting into the second round of the playoffs with a rookie qb certainly seems like a resounding success to me.

Clausen>>>>>>>>>>>>>Bradford by a mile. Bradford is a spread offense guy who dealt exclusively out of the shotgun and has suffered injuries and has a thin frame to begin with (Also if you look at it from a Buffalo perspective he is a hot weather QB) AND in Bradford's best year last year he had one of the best offensive lines in college football. While Clausen is a guy who played in a pro offense, didn't have the best O-line, and didn't have many injury issues.

I think the knocks on Clausen are a lot less serious then the ones on Bradford. Clausen's biggest knock is that ND played a soft schedule well as good as ND's skill position players were (Although one of his better receivers was out for the season early) the O-line was terrible.

So Clausen had a soft schedule. Bradford is a guy who didn't play in a pro offense, has frame that might not be durable, got hurt seriously in college, and had his best year behind a great O-line.

I really disagree with your assessment on these 2 QB's. First, I don't think you can label a kid from Oklahoma a "warm weather QB." Warmer than Buffalo - maybe -- but if you were going by that measuring stick we would only be able to draft Qb's from Minnesota and Canada. Second, Bradford is 1 inch and 1 pound bigger than Clausen (so if you're saying Bradford has a thin frame then Clausen has a thinner frame). Third, this year was the first injury that Bradford had -- and other QB's who've had the same injury have come back stronger (Drew Brees). I think Bradford is going to be working that much harder to prove people wrong about the injury label (see Thurman Thomas).

I get you are a ND fan -- but let's not be too big a homer. I would take Bradford in a split second at #9 if he was there (don't think he will be). Clausen might not even go in Rd. #1.