per rotoworld (via ESPN)

BeastMode54

You are full of ****. Please supply a link or keep your bull **** to yourself

http://www.av1611.org/rock/ozzy.html

This is not some secret news about Ozzy. How can you NOT have heard of this? Why weren't people screaming for Ozzy to quit his job as a rocker and boycotting his TV show and albums. Hope you like to eat bull **** sandwiches. Here is your link buddy. I'm surprised you even need a link as it would seem you are in the camp of people that scrutinizes celebrities and athletes.

How do you know so much about Vick and no nothing of Ozzy's history??

What I am trying to point out is the hypocrisy that people exhibit when it comes to professional athletes.

Ozzy Rules!....but Mike Vick is a scumbag!

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Id rather sign Jon Kitna or Jeff Garcia. If its Vick though I wouldnt be too pissed, I do believe there are better options however.

Limiting the conversation to UFAs and RFAs I think Troy Smith is really our best option. The guy has been ready to start since 2008.

If it does happen the Bills ticket offices will again be high fiving eachother for another easy year of selling tickets with a mediocre team. :blink:

http://www.wgr550.com/Report--Gailey-to-co...er-Vick/6255443

Do you really think fans are going to flock to the bills to buy season tickets if they sign a covicted felon ?

I bet the farm lots of people call up and cancle season tickets if you bring Vick to Buffalo.

I find it laughable that people are delusional enough to think Vick will increase seaosn ticket holdings. I bet the farm that bringing vick to Buffalo will be a PR nightmare

You bring a another circus show in like vick why wouldn't they increase? With him as the starting quarterback the media will be all over it more so that they were with TO. Sure having him might give the Bills a bad image. But you know what they say.. no publicity is bad publicity. I say if anything the season ticket sales will stay the same from last year, even with all the turnover from this year.

the Vick circus would be a completely different kind of circus

Vick was never any better then an average at best QB where TO is still one of the best receivers in the game

Do you really think fans are going to flock to the bills to buy season tickets if they sign a covicted felon ?

I bet the farm lots of people call up and cancle season tickets if you bring Vick to Buffalo.

I find it laughable that people are delusional enough to think Vick will increase seaosn ticket holdings. I bet the farm that bringing vick to Buffalo will be a PR nightmare

Exactly what is your farm worth and how much do I have to put up to take that bet?

Exactly what is your farm worth and how much do I have to put up to take that bet?

Very safe bet there my friend. All you have to do is look at how many people tuned into Vick's first preseason game with Philly. I know I was one of them, and if you didn't see the game I'm sure you caught the hours and hours of footage on sportscenter. If the Bills got Vick and their first game was on national tv the ratings would be through the roof. People still want to see if he's got it, and 1 season of being a backup at philly never answered that question. The majority of people won't let their moral issues with him get in the way of their curiousity

I don't think true Bills fans will abandon the team because of an unpopular decision... with that said I was hoping they would make an attempt for Troy Smith.

I liked the way he looked in Baltimore when he and Flacco were going battling to be the starter. Not really a Vick fan, never have been...but I'm not judge and jury either.

When they named Chan Gailey as head coach, I certrainly didn't agree with the choice but thats my team. Though he hasn't been in any trouble I still had to take few deep breaths. The Bills are always making unpopular decisions we just have to deal with.

I was in Baltimore when Art Schlister was drafted and arrested for gambling. Fans said that Irsay was a terrible owner and they wouldn't support a team with a criminal on it. Those were the same fans that were boo hooing when the Colts left town due to no support from fans...it appeared as those the fans weren't ready to give up football as they indicated.

They cried for 18 years until they got another shot. They see things differently now.

Vick has served his time..if the US legal system says he is OK to be back on the streets and if Roger Goodell says it OK for him to play, then its OK with me. If Chan and the Bills leadership go in that direction I will grin and bear it but I would rather see them pull the trigger on Troy Smith. I think they can accomplish the same things.

IM putting my .02 cents in now before this turns into a morality and character fight. As a football standpoint why not give up a conditional 6th and 7th round pick for him. As a football view it makes sense bring in a guy with experience and that has been to teh playoffs, and can move around in the pocket to avoid the pass rush.

The knocks:

Vick has been out of football for 2 years he has lost a step. Answer me this, How has Vick lost a step by being out of the NFL, but our beloved Fred Jackson benefits by taking the time off?

Vick is turning 30. Brett Favre and Kurt Warner are both over 40 and still playing at a high level. Fred Jackson is 30 and we all want him to start next year.

Vick is an average QB. He was once concidered the most dominant QB in the game with his dual threat abilities. He has taken a team to the playoffs, and has a winning record as a QB, thats more than can be said about any QB on our roster.

Troy Smith makes the most sense. Wouldn't take much to get him and he's right at that age where you'll get a pretty good idea of whether or not he's gonna be starting material or not. I'd throw a 6th and 7th (as we have 2 of each) Baltimore's way and see what happens. Thigpen maybe, but at least both these guys have many years ahead of them should they prove themselves worthy.

I agree with you on all your points except I think Vick would sell tickets.

It is possible in short run people who do not normally buy tickets could to see Vick, but I think in long run, this signing loses enough of the base fan base to do serious harm to the organizations revenue.

Troy Smith makes the most sense. Wouldn't take much to get him and he's right at that age where you'll get a pretty good idea of whether or not he's gonna be starting material or not. I'd throw a 6th and 7th (as we have 2 of each) Baltimore's way and see what happens. Thigpen maybe, but at least both these guys have many years ahead of them should they prove themselves worthy.

There has been some debate about what kind of draft compensation fans would be willing to give up for Troy Smith. I think there are really only 2 things to consider. The player's age and the quality of the rookie you would draft at his position if you kept the pick. Troy Smith is 25 years old which makes him young enough that age almost isn't an issue. In fact a QB at 25 years old QB is a more attractive option to me compared to a 22 year old. You have gone through something of a maturation process and have grown as a person and a man. Talent wise there is no question that Troy would be light years beyond any 3rd round pick QB we could get.

That's what I think about. If we can do it for less, by all means get a bargain. If Baltimore was taking a hard line and it cost me a 3rd round pick to get Troy Smith I don't know that I would even blink an eye before I pulled the trigger on that deal.

IM putting my .02 cents in now before this turns into a morality and character fight. As a football standpoint why not give up a conditional 6th and 7th round pick for him. As a football view it makes sense bring in a guy with experience and that has been to teh playoffs, and can move around in the pocket to avoid the pass rush.

The knocks:

Vick has been out of football for 2 years he has lost a step. Answer me this, How has Vick lost a step by being out of the NFL, but our beloved Fred Jackson benefits by taking the time off?

Vick is turning 30. Brett Favre and Kurt Warner are both over 40 and still playing at a high level. Fred Jackson is 30 and we all want him to start next year.

Vick is an average QB. He was once concidered the most dominant QB in the game with his dual threat abilities. He has taken a team to the playoffs, and has a winning record as a QB, thats more than can be said about any QB on our roster.

AMEN TO THAT! thank you on all points....and a smart FOOTBALL post that you were correct in posting BEFORE this does turn into another morality battle (vick killed puppies!)...all that nonsense, he is a vast improvement over our current QBs and would cost us very little to do...makes sense to me

The knocks:

People feel he has lost a step based on what he showed with the Eagles. I never watched him play, but a scout friend of mine said he didn't show that extra gear this year.

Reason turning 30 is big for him, and not someone like Warner or Farve is playing style. Vick is run first and completely relies on his athletic ability. History shows that a good portion of running backs and people who rely on athletic ability tend to see their skills drop off fast after hitting 30. Warner is a pocket passer, who never was much of an athlete anyway. Being a step slower or less agile doesn't take from his core abilities. Farve does use his feet to extend plays and has some athletic skills compared to Warner, but still is a QB first and only runs around to extend a play. Loosing some foot speed only means he has a bit less time to find an open receiver. Since Vick had barely over a 50% completion rate in the years he was playing consistently, not sure how sitting out and on a bench for most of last 4 years in going to improve that. If his running ability isn't as good, it takes away from his ability of the big play, as defenses wont have to devote one or more players to shadow him anymore, allowing them to take away the big plays easier.

Another reason hitting 30 is a concern is that he rarely made it through a season without injury before his layoff, and people who run the ball tend to be more susceptible to injuries as they age as well. Unless he watching McNabb play transformed him into a pocket passer, and taught him to read defenses, it is likely he will not finish a season he starts at QB anyway.

Yes he has a winning record, but this is a team game. He was on a team that lead the league in rushing most years and had a pretty darn good defense. While his running helped them with the running stats, the defense allowed them to stay in games when the running game was struggling. So while yes he has a winning record, it is a team game, so just adding a QB with a winning record doesn't mean your team will win.

Then there is the whole running an illegal organization, illegal gambling, lying to his employers, etc... things he did to get him his time off. Can not say how that will affect the organization for sure, but know I will not follow the team anymore if they sign this guy to be the face of the team.

Good question. I wonder what Baltimore is really asking for Smith. He has looked good in preseason, I just don't think that is enough to go higher than a 5th though........

If we were going to do it I would hope we didn't have to give up a 3rd but I'm fine with it. If we got Troy Smith for a 5th round pick we should be arrested for stealing from the Ravens. LOL. The thing that may help drive down the draft pick compensation for Troy is that I think he was only a 5th round pick. I was kind of upset we didn't draft the guy in 2007. Instead we blew a 3rd rd pick on Trentative Edwards.