ProFootballWeekly.com (Nolan Nawrocki)

Estro

Anyone who knows ProFootballWeekly.com or Nolan Nawrocki knows he's the best in the business. Second to nobody and that includes Mike Mayock, a distant second. Tonight he has released his first mock draft:

http://www.profootballweekly.com/2010/01/3...ackles-dominate

Not too happy with snagging the 4th rated OT with the #9 pick. Our o-line is a priority, but I'd be happier with the best LB in the draft, Rolando McLain, if available.

You do realize McClain is the third linebacker off the board, right?

Yes, I like McLain a lot more than Weatherspoon. Kindle, I honestly don't know enough about, although I did hear Mayock say he loved the guy during the Senior Bowl tonight. When the dust settles I think McLain will go higher than Weatherspoon. He manned the middle and was a beast for the nations best defense. Some credit his success to having Gerald McCoy in front of him, and that could be true....that will be for "the real" college scouts to determine (and not youtube and armcahir scouts like myself). McLain is a playmaker that our defense is missing. Rolando had 105 total tackles including 14.5 tackles for loss, 4 sacks, 14 QB hurries, 2 interceptions, 3 passes broken up, and a forced fumble just last year.

Weathersppon generated a lot of buzz after his junior season, but his stats really regressed during his senior campaign. Did teams figure him out, did he play on a worse defense? I don't know the answers, but like I said from what I've seen from the two of them, McLain stands out much more so.

Freshman All SEC team his freshman year, All SEC team his Sophomore year, All SEC Team, Lambert Award Winner, Dick Butkus Award Winner, 1st Team All American, BCS National Champion his Junior year. This is a guy that would certainly have Nix's stamp of approval.

Davis is the #2 OT not 4 : )

Whos's #1......Okung?

I happen to agree that Bulaga is #1. After him I have no clue really. I tend to follow what Nawrocki says after following his talent evaluation the last 4 years.

You do realize McClain is the third linebacker off the board, right?

well you may be right along with all of those brillant draft people who never get anything wrong - but if, and that is a qualified if, we do make the change to a 3-4 defense mcclain is he man for the job - at any rate i believe whoever gets mcclain will be getting a force in the nfl for years to come.

well you may be right along with all of those brillant draft people who never get anything wrong - but if, and that is a qualified if, we do make the change to a 3-4 defense mcclain is he man for the job - at any rate i believe whoever gets mcclain will be getting a force in the nfl for years to come.

same was said of Aaron Curry who had a decent, but not stellar 1st season. And he had 2 stub LBs on either side of him. Cushing ended up being the best in his class (at least rookie year). obviously its a little early to make a call on that, but curry and mcclain are very similar types of guys and in reality are probably best suited playing OLB in a 3-4 where they can rush the passer or run blitz a lot - kind of like merriman.

That mock was basically throwing a bunch of crap against the wall and seeing what stuck.

Not sure what he based any of those picks on. It's like he didn't watch a single college game.

I don't know about that. Usually the first mocks are a little funny though, because at this point in the game they're really just a shot in the dark. Nawrocki watches plenty though, and many other so called mock drafts out there seem to anchor around his assesments. My man crush on Nawrocki's draft evaluation is warranted just look at his previous success!

Whos's #1......Okung?

I happen to agree that Bulaga is #1. After him I have no clue really. I tend to follow what Nawrocki says after following his talent evaluation the last 4 years.

I concur that Nawrocki does a great job. I've been a huge fan of Pro Football Weekly's coverage going back more than a decade. The late Joel Buschbaum (Nawrocki's predecessor) was fantastic. He had a good blend of doing his own extensive evaluations and lots of contacts in the NFL who annonymously shared opinions with him. Nawrocki has done a good job as a replacement.

However, I see red-flags all over Anthony Davis. I would avoid him like the plague. Frankly, I'd rather take my chances with the athletic but extremely raw Demetrius Bell than waste a #1 pick on Davis. Bulaga, Okung, maybe Trent Williams OK, but not Davis.

I REALLY like Iupati, but he really isn't a LT and maybe isn't a RT, either. So, what would the Bills do with him? Maybe the could move Wood to C and play Iupati and Levitre at G, but that doesn't solve the OT problems that they have.

pat kirwan on NFL radio said that numerous GM's said they wouldnt touch Clausen potential locker room cancer/coach killer

Based on what? That's the first I have heard about that.

Anyone who knows ProFootballWeekly.com or Nolan Nawrocki knows he's the best in the business. Second to nobody and that includes Mike Mayock, a distant second. Tonight he has released his first mock draft:

Not too happy with snagging the 4th rated OT with the #9 pick. Our o-line is a priority, but I'd be happier with the best LB in the draft, Rolando McLain, if available.

Davis would be a good pick , buluga would be better . 4 tackles in the top ten that would have to be some kind of record

I don't know about that. Usually the first mocks are a little funny though, because at this point in the game they're really just a shot in the dark. Nawrocki watches plenty though, and many other so called mock drafts out there seem to anchor around his assesments. My man crush on Nawrocki's draft evaluation is warranted just look at his previous success!

Come on, that wasn't a shot in the dark, it was "look how different I can be!"

St Louis needs a DT enough that they are going to take one with the #1 overall pick, but they are not going to take the most impressive DT prospect to come out of college in years? Why? They feel bad for the Lions?

The best (and most NFL ready) LB in college football is going to be the 3rd LB off the board?

And that's just the two most blatant examples. Dan Williams going 32 and Cody slipping are others. This is nothing more than an attention grabber.

Nawrocki is no Buchsbaum and I think he is reaching all over that board (Bulaga at 5!!??). Now, I presume he's done more research than I have, but it's not consistent with anything I hear on Sirius or on other websites.

If he's even close, he's a genius.

As long as it's O Line or front 7, a football player and not combine stats, I'm happy.

Come on, that wasn't a shot in the dark, it was "look how different I can be!"

St Louis needs a DT enough that they are going to take one with the #1 overall pick, but they are not going to take the most impressive DT prospect to come out of college in years? Why? They feel bad for the Lions?

The best (and most NFL ready) LB in college football is going to be the 3rd LB off the board?

And that's just the two most blatant examples. Dan Williams going 32 and Cody slipping are others. This is nothing more than an attention grabber.

Not everyone thinks McClain is so good. It isn't just Nawrocki (and he still had him in the top 15). Sporting News, which is run by a former NFL scout, isn't sold on McClain anywhere in round 1. Now, I am not sure who I agree with on McClain, but I don't think McClain is this year's version of Patrick Willis who is a true killing machine.

OK NOW THIS GUYS A" EXPERT" ..ROTFLMAO,, HE'S JUST ANOTHER IDIOT THAT TALKS OUT HIS BUTT,, AND WHAT ARE YOU HIS BROTHER? KEEP PILING UPYOUR BS ,BUT DONT GO TOO FAST ,SOME HERE MIGHT ACTUALLY THINK YOU KNOW WHAT YOUR TALKING ABOUT,,

Not everyone thinks McClain is so good. It isn't just Nawrocki (and he still had him in the top 15). Sporting News, which is run by a former NFL scout, isn't sold on McClain anywhere in round 1. Now, I am not sure who I agree with on McClain, but I don't think McClain is this year's version of Patrick Willis who is a true killing machine.

You're right that he's not the next Patrick Willis; they are completely different types of players. But honestly, I don't care who says what about the guy. I've seen him play and I know what kind of player he is on the field. Anyone who doesn't know about the guy, hasn't watched him enough.

OK NOW THIS GUYS A" EXPERT" ..ROTFLMAO,, HE'S JUST ANOTHER IDIOT THAT TALKS OUT HIS BUTT,, AND WHAT ARE YOU HIS BROTHER? KEEP PILING UPYOUR BS ,BUT DONT GO TOO FAST ,SOME HERE MIGHT ACTUALLY THINK YOU KNOW WHAT YOUR TALKING ABOUT,,

Read the following article, it's a real quick read:

http://www.profootballweekly.com/2009/04/3...hes-set-new-sta

This guys is in fact an expert. He scouts games in season. He attends the all star games. He attends the combine. He knows a ton of front office guys (aka inside info as to who teams are likely to select). He is also paid handsomely and the head of one of the better websites covering the NFL. He does his own scouting and creates his own predictions and value charts, with the input of front office execs., unlike 98% of the other mock drafters who truly are just guessing.

Find me one mock draft that has been better than his in the last 4 years. At least do your research and know what your posting about before you open your verbal attack.

I am high on Rolando McClain, one of the reasons I made this post. With that said, after the post was made I took a look at some of his tape on youtube, and it wasn't nearly as impressive as what I watched him do live. I'm not sure if it was put out by someone who purposely wanted to make him look bad, but there were tons of mistakes highlighted.

Tackled very high, and seemed to be dragged a ton. Also got absorbed by blockers pretty easily. Take a look:

Read the following article, it's a real quick read:

http://www.profootballweekly.com/2009/04/3...hes-set-new-sta

This guys is in fact an expert. He scouts games in season. He attends the all star games. He attends the combine. He knows a ton of front office guys (aka inside info as to who teams are likely to select). He is also paid handsomely and the head of one of the better websites covering the NFL. He does his own scouting and creates his own predictions and value charts, with the input of front office execs., unlike 98% of the other mock drafters who truly are just guessing.

Find me one mock draft that has been better than his in the last 4 years. At least do your research and know what your posting about before you open your verbal attack.

That is great about Nawrocki's last year's draft, but I've been as high as 13 correct picks and I just follow it casually. And we pick 24 hours before the draft, not 4 hours. It's not that hard. There is so much information out there, we all think we know something.

All I know for sure is I hope we take a solid football player and I wish we still had Bill Polian.

That is great about Nawrocki's last year's draft, but I've been as high as 13 correct picks and I just follow it casually. And we pick 24 hours before the draft, not 4 hours. It's not that hard. There is so much information out there, we all think we know something.

All I know for sure is I hope we take a solid football player and I wish we still had Bill Polian.

You'll have to post your picks this year. 13/32 would put you in the top 1% of mock drafts. I would argue it is hard to have the best mock draft of any publisher 4 straight years, but that's just my opinion.

13/32 is once since 1988. I don't claim to be an expert. A friend and I just do the draft every year. The winner gets a hockey jersey of his choice. I am usually around 8, but have had bad years too.

I will be happy to post my draft. In fact, I hope there's a thread where we all post our draft.

Smoke screen.

I'll happily field bets on whether Clausen goes top 10 in the draft.

Not disagreeing with you about where Clausen gets picked...but Pat Kirwan doesn't work for an NFL team...so it can't be a smokescreen, unless you think he's trying to devalue Clausen as a favor to a particular NFL team or GM.

Way early yet - but the tackle from Rutgers has been getting a lot of publicity these days. Would nto surprise in the least bit that he breaks the top 10.

You're dead nuts right. I think Washington is going to take a tackle @4 and that leaves Kansas City, Oakland, and Buffalo in the OT mix.

Just a note from an earlier post... Terrence Cody played in front of Rolando McClain NOT Gerald McCoy, but the point you made is still valid. However, maybe the Bills will look at Alabama tape and grab both of them. Why not reunite them as rookies in the NFL, I'd be all for it personally!!

I've been digging around on the computer today and I'm surprised on how high Bulaga is being projected. As high as 5 and no lower than 20. One mock even had him going to the Bills. Bulaga in the top 15 is starting to make sense. I did the 1st third of my mock and the Bills are tough because they draft behind Al Davis.

Right now, it's between McClain and OT Davis with Claussen going to equally egotistical Shanahan and Bradford matching up well with Holmgren in Cleveland.

I put Davis in there, but if Al Davis takes Tebow or some other 3rd rounder, maybe we go Bulaga. Just an early thought.

So take an OLB when our DL sucks? thanks for posting Tom Donahoe

Wow....this is a crazy mock. Lots of reaches. From what I've read, Davis is a much better tackle than Trent Williams. Bulaga goes that high? Okung falls to 6? Just don't see it happening.

whoever you've been reading almost certainly has significantly less cred then Nawrocki. Draft stock changes dramatically each year.