:blink:

Cole Trickle?

http://cdn.bleacherreport.com/images_root/...splay_image.jpg

Cole Trickle or Rowdy Burns?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VEsxDej0R0M

Hit the pace car Cole..."You're going too high, stay in the groove!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-RNlgMLCuA...feature=related

BEST MOVIE EVER!

Do you think the new d.c could be Gunther Cunningham and they had to wait for his senior bowl week to be over to make the announcement . Just throwing it out there because it is strange that we basically hired the whole d staff and still do not know who is the new Dc.

What would the senior bowl week have to do with anything? The college kids wouldn't be angry at him because right after Senior Bowl week he was going to cut and run. So are they. So is everyone.

Again, the only two decent reasons anyone has guessed is that whoever he is he is either on the Saints or the Colts or he is in college and is waiting for national signing day to be over.

And frankly, the national signing day reason doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

So it's one of those two things or something none of us have figured out yet.

I have to think he has already 'under the table' accepted the job and is ok with the assistant picks.

Yup.

Which means that we ought to be able to figure out what kind of defense they are going to run from the assistants they've hired ... who are mostly 4 - 3 types. But I'm far from sure.

IF that's true, these two are the most likely, IMHO.

1.) Bill Johnson DL coach NO Saints. He's a good ol' boy and that's a good fit with the new sheriff in town.

Adam Zimmer Defensive Assistant/Linebackers - NO Saints. He graduated college in 2005, so he's like 25, or 26. His dad Mike is the DC of the Bungles. This is a huge long shot and I can't believe he's who Nix and Gailey want.

2.) John Teerlinck DL coach Colts. 20 year NFL coaching vet, been at Denver and a few other places.

His son? Bill Teerlinck a Colts Defensive Assistant, could come along too.

Or Vitt from the Saints. Or Miller from the Colts.

And yeah, I'd love Cottrell, but what would have stopped them from just hiring him?

Or Vitt from the Saints. Or Miller from the Colts.

And yeah, I'd love Cottrell, but what would have stopped them from just hiring him?

Could be Vitt. I don't know of a Miller on the Colts. At least he's not listed as a coach on their website.

Maybe the reason is he's the DC of The Bills. :blink:

Ted Cottrell (if it is our past)

Dan Reeves or Jim Mora Jr.

2 of 3 definitely not....I know there were 2 to be considered which is one of these! but due to technicalities one of them is hanging in the breeze, which means it's probably down to one and probably not one of these? maybe there is a hint in here if you read very carefully?

2 of 3 definitely not....I know there were 2 to be considered which is one of these! but due to technicalities one of them is hanging in the breeze, which means it's probably down to one and probably not one of these? maybe there is a hint in here if you read very carefully?

Good thing I majored in cryptology. Let's see... 2 of 3 not, 2 to be considered, hanging in the breeze... I GOT IT HENRY WINKLER!!! THE FONZ IS COMING TO TOWN!!!

Seriously though, why all the riddles, that's just mean. :blink:

Hanging in the Breeze... as in Drew Breeze? Vitt, maybe? Doesn't fit with your other cryptic clue.

He was born in Syracuse, so he has that going for him. I don't see that his path ever crossed with Gailey.

Vitt

He was in Philly when Modrak was there.

Personally, I think Reeves would have been a great selection to help get this house in order.

New poster here and a long time Bills fan. Took me awhile to get setup. I think I have figured out the hints from tonyjustbcuz. I am taking a stab at it anyway. The hint "name is a blast from the past" and the hint "hanging in the breeze" led me to a former DC who's father was once an OC for the bills. Chuck Bresnahan. Former Raider and Bengal DC. Dont' know what anyone thinks of this but it seems to fit the "hints". Maybe he bring this guy with him if he comes:

http://forum.go-bengals.com/index.php?showtopic=53135

Sorry haven't figure out to post a link. Copy and paste should work.

Let me know what you guys think.