Donovan McNabb

I'm not sure how realistic these reports are, but I've been reading all day about the Bills and Rams being interested in Donovan McNabb.

If by some chance the Bills do trade for McNabb, I'm assuming the odds, as slim as they were to begin with, of Terrell Owens resigning are out the window. Although T.O.'s numbers weren't huge this year, I did think he was a great teammate. Any opinions on maybe these two greats possibly reconcilling?

They won't reconcile. I can't stand Mcnabb. He tries to have the golden boy image to the media but he never takes any responsibility for his own bad play.

Bad Play? Responsibility? The guy has taken that once mediocre franchise to four NFC title games, countless playoff games, and a Super Bowl. Oh by the way, this has all taken place in the same ten-year playoff drought that we've had to endure. So you'd complain if we signed him and he took us to our first playoff appearance in ten years, right? AND, you'd bash him for losing the playoff game, right?....SULLY???? z'at u???

McNabb is the most under appreciated player in the NFL...everything he has accomplished has been done with serious Sub Par WR's with the exception of the one year with T.O. and the emergence of DeSean the last year...seriously though, I wonder what DeSean would look like on another team...probably not nearly as productive. Look at what McNabb did for low level players like Donte Stalworth and the poor play they have had when they leave Philly or before Philly.

YE OLE likes that commercial where it's all like "DONOVAN SHAVES WITH... CHUNKY SOOOOOUUUUUP"

My feeling is that despite everything that has gone wayward with the coach search and what not... if the F.O. pulls this off and gets McNabb in here, it gains them back a lot of currency.

Also, I feel we have a legitimate chance to win immediately with McNabb under center. We can all debate whether McNabb can win the big one or how he does in the playoffs (although he is 9-6 in the playoffs as a starter), but the fact is as a 5 time Pro Bowler and a guy that's consistently thrown for 3500 yds. a season, and a better than 2 to 1 TD/INT ratio he's FAR better than anyone other option we'll have for next season.

I'm not sure how realistic these reports are, but I've been reading all day about the Bills and Rams being interested in Donovan McNabb.

If by some chance the Bills do trade for McNabb, I'm assuming the odds, as slim as they were to begin with, of Terrell Owens resigning are out the window. Although T.O.'s numbers weren't huge this year, I did think he was a great teammate. Any opinions on maybe these two greats possibly reconcilling?

If we get mcNabb then Owens is gone and OT will be our first pick in the draft. If not...then it's a QB

If he joins the team i will support him like any other player. I just don't like the guy. He rubs me the wrong way. There are many situations where he could have taken the high road like a true leader and failed to do so. I think he is whiner.

The guy has stats and has accomplished alot. He also has bombed a few times and failed to take responsibility for it.

Bringing Mcnabb in is a bandaid ifyou ask me. He is 34 years old and his best days could be behind him. I don't want to bring him in for 2 years and then have to start looking for a QB again. It' better to find a one now below the age of 30. That's my opinion of course.

...It' better to find a one now below the age of 30....

Good thought, certainly McNabbs best days are behind him. And that talented existing NFL QB under the age of 30 another NFL team would be willing to part with that the Bills can realistically trade for, or, is available right now as an UFA is........um........... :thumbsup:.....:doh: Oh that's right, there are ZERO NFL QB's available that fit your wish list. Currently in the NFL there are not even 32 starting QB's that are talented and under the age of 30!

If he joins the team i will support him like any other player. I just don't like the guy. He rubs me the wrong way. There are many situations where he could have taken the high road like a true leader and failed to do so. I think he is whiner.

The guy has stats and has accomplished alot. He also has bombed a few times and failed to take responsibility for it.

Bringing Mcnabb in is a bandaid ifyou ask me. He is 34 years old and his best days could be behind him. I don't want to bring him in for 2 years and then have to start looking for a QB again. It' better to find a one now below the age of 30. That's my opinion of course.

Totally respect your opinion, but I can't think of one example of how he has shown a lack of leadership or responsibility. Nor can I think of one example of him whining. I'd love to see him in a Bills uniform, then dump Trent; keep Fitz as the back-up for a year, while grooming Brohm (unless we draft a good QB). That's what many successful teams do.

And as far as age and best years behind him, check out Arizona and Minnesota. The formula worked out for them pretty well.

McNabb is the most under appreciated player in the NFL...everything he has accomplished has been done with serious Sub Par WR's with the exception of the one year with T.O. and the emergence of DeSean the last year...seriously though, I wonder what DeSean would look like on another team...probably not nearly as productive. Look at what McNabb did for low level players like Donte Stalworth and the poor play they have had when they leave Philly or before Philly.

:thumbsup:

I never understood the lack of love for McNabb (hate is such a strong word). He's a veteran QB that knows how to win. If Philly doesn't want him anymore, I'll happily take him.

For those thinking he'd be another Bledsoe, just remember at least he can run. :doh:

McNabb is a franchise QB and we'd be lucky to get him here. He's a phenominal football player and an incredible passer. We can only hope for a QB like him.

He's rumored to be going for a 2nd. I'd easily give a 2nd and a 5th.

He's got good years left in him and he'd help us tremendously.

anyone who doesnt want mcnabb is a fool

Kind of a foolish statement. What if Gailey doesn't want him? What if Gaileys vision of the offense requires a younger, more mobile QB like a Vick? I don't know what Gailey is thinking and either do you. So technically at this point wanting McNabb is just as foolish as not wanting him.

Bad Play? Responsibility? The guy has taken that once mediocre franchise to four NFC title games, countless playoff games, and a Super Bowl. Oh by the way, this has all taken place in the same ten-year playoff drought that we've had to endure. So you'd complain if we signed him and he took us to our first playoff appearance in ten years, right? AND, you'd bash him for losing the playoff game, right?....SULLY???? z'at u???

McNabb accomplished more with no-name receivers such as James Trash, Todd Stinkston, and Freddie 1st round bust Mitchell, than any of our qbs could do with our 15 million dollars worth of WR's in Lee Evans and TO...Just something to think about, oh and he rarely had a smash mouth running game to complement it with.

What if Gaileys vision of the offense requires a younger, more mobile QB like a Vick?

If that's the case, we'll be hard pressed to find such a QB. McNabb has undoubtably slowed down over the last few years, but as NFL QB's go he's still very mobile. Vick (at least Vick prior to his incident) would be one of the few QB's who are more mobile than McNabb. I was watching a game down the stretch this season, and it was like 3rd and 28 or some damn thing, and Donovan took off and ran for 30 yards. The more mobile the better, but if Gailey's offense requires more mobility than McNabb has out of the QB position, I think he should scrap said offense and start from the drawing board.