Greggo seriously disses Buffalo

Kind of like how Donahoe wanted Roethlisberger in 2004, but there was no way the Steelers were going to let the Bills jump ahead of them, calling every team between 5-10 (Giants took Rivers at 4, they were at 11) to let them know they were willing to beat any trade offers.

Then the Bills should ahve called all those teams as well and counter-offered higher than the Steelers. Seriously, this team is the worst-run business in all of professional sports. Yes, worse than the Royals. Worse than the Browns. Worse even than the Lions, if you can believe that. If you REALLY have a guy you want, you have to do EVERYTHING in your power to get that guy.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Then the Bills should ahve called all those teams as well and counter-offered higher than the Steelers. Seriously, this team is the worst-run business in all of professional sports. Yes, worse than the Royals. Worse than the Browns. Worse even than the Lions, if you can believe that. If you REALLY have a guy you want, you have to do EVERYTHING in your power to get that guy.

I agree. Like the Jets last year with Sanchez. They have their QB of the future now.

Were his defenses in washington really that good? I can't recall, but I don't think they were exceptional.

The problem with GW and his beloved 46 scheme is that he needs basically a bunch of star players on defense to make it work.

All in all, they were just OK in Washington, but his D in Jax was horrible last year. Give that man a small taste of success, and it goes to his head like Vick's vapo-rub.

All in all, they were just OK in Washington, but his D in Jax was horrible last year. Give that man a small taste of success, and it goes to his head like Vick's vapo-rub.

In the four years he was in Washington the defenses finished 3rd, 9th, 31st, and 8th. In the one year he was with Jax, the defense finished 17th. This year, the Saints D finished 25th. The team was carried by the offense.

Basically, given the record, one can only conclude that his reputation isn't matched by production. Overall his defenses have an average finish of 15.5 out of 32. That's the very definition of average.

I think he's a bit like Donohoe in that he's very savvy at cultivating the national press (clearly, he speaks with Chris Mortenson, who is always singing his praises). He appears to have some sort of rapport with ESPN.

Nobody really decided "against" Brees. The Bills took Clements in the first, where Brees probably would have been a reach, and were unable to trade back up to the top of Round 2 to get him. Kind of like how Donahoe wanted Roethlisberger in 2004, but there was no way the Steelers were going to let the Bills jump ahead of them, calling every team between 5-10 (Giants took Rivers at 4, they were at 11) to let them know they were willing to beat any trade offers.

Lori, There is nothing unusual about any team not being able to successfully maneuver up or down to get their designated player in the draft. Sometimes a deal just can't be made under such time pressures. What is unusual is that a franchise is not able to get an "adequate" franchise qb to replace the former HOF qb, Jim Kelly, who left at least 15 yrs ago. That inability to secure a franchise qb through the draft or free agency is an indictment of a franchise which ranks near the bottom over the past decade and longer.

After every draft I'm sure every team has the same sensation that they missed out a particular player they coveted. Not being able to adjust your picking strategy to adjust to the fluid situation on the board is what sets this organization back. The problem with the Bills' decision-makers is not what they do with any one pick, it is what they do overall. Their body of work is reflected in the team's record.

Were his defenses in washington really that good? I can't recall, but I don't think they were exceptional.

The problem with GW and his beloved 46 scheme is that he needs basically a bunch of star players on defense to make it work.

I believe GW was there from '04-'07, and the Skins defense ranked as follows during those seasons: 5th, 9th, 27th, 11th

I can't imagine why anyone would say that Buffalo was cold!!! what a base canard....he should be tarred and feathered.

Exactly... BFLO is warm in the winter and cool in the summer. It is actually tempered by the Lake... As Detroit.

Speaking of cold... I never felt it as cold out as it is here in the mdwest. How often does it get below zero in BFLO?

For some reason people equate snow with cold... Which is far from the truth.

Not a big fan of Greggo but I was recalling the other day that he did get us to 9-7. Would be nice to take a whiff of that again someday.

He did? 3-13, 8-8, 6-10. 9-7, the only winning record in the last decade, was Mularkey's first year.