(total: 127)

Stuffs: 1 for -2 yards

sacks: 5.5

INTs: 2

Forced fumbles: 2

Passes defensed: 3

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/stats/bycatego...imeframe=ToDate

Your point is?

I would say they are equal in talent...but, Harris plays on a more aggressive/attacking defense, that can actually stop the run.

Your point is?

I would say they are equal in talent...but, Harris plays on a more aggressive/attacking defense, that can actually stop the run.

My point is that there is a nearby thread that is both long and mostly fact free when it comes to judging who is the more productive player. I probably should have put it in that thread, but the deed has been done.

Poz:

Games: 12

solo tackles: 87

Assists: 23

(total: 110)

Stuffs: (tackles at or behind the LOS): 5 for -11 yards

Sacks: 1

INTs: 3

Forced fumbles: 3

Passes defensed: 4

-----

Harris:

Games: 16

Solo tackles: 82

Assists: 45

(total: 127)

Stuffs: 1 for -2 yards

sacks: 5.5

INTs: 2

Forced fumbles: 2

Passes defensed: 3

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/stats/bycatego...imeframe=ToDate

Very interesting; would have thought Harris would have dwarfed Poz.

I'm pretty sure our defense was on the field more than any other team's during the 2009 season, so "production" numbers for our defensive players should be taken with the caveat that they simply had more opportunities than players on other teams.

So are you on the Harris played all 16 and Poz can't stay healthy side, or the Poz put up equal numbers in 4 fewer games, so he is better side?

I think that is a moot point too.

Harris is on a better defense...more better players for the numbers to go around.

I would still rather have POZ, since I am a PSU fan...just sayin'.

(I'll take Quarless, Royster, Odrick and Lee as well...most of all, give me Navarro Bowman and Graham Zug!)

I'm pretty sure our defense was on the field more than any other team's during the 2009 season, so "production" numbers for our defensive players should be taken with the caveat that they simply had more opportunities than players on other teams.

The tackles statistic in particular is overrated due to the reasons UB2SF just pointed out. Hell, Keith Ellison was among the league leaders in tackles before his injury, and we all know his shortcomings.

Your point is?

The point is that since Poz is a Bill, people feel the need to trash him and tell us how much better Harris is that him. As others have said, they are very similar in talent level and Poz is developing inot a very solid NFL LB despite minusing a full year of his career.

Production wise they are pretty similar, Poz might be slightly more athletic and better in coverage and Harris is a little bigger stronger and Harder hitter- but the big difference is that the Bills could have gotten Harris without spending a draft pick to move up and I wouldn't have had to listen to fans tell me that POZ is the second coming because he is Polish and has nice manners saying yes Sir, No Sir, football is my life Sir.