Kelsay very excited about Gailey hire

zazie

Great. I am hoping one of the first things Chan does, after hiring the SU gardner as out DC (he watched all the games!), is to kick Kelsay out the door.

But would not surprise me to have him back again, doing little but starting all year as DE.

The guy does stay healthy, you have to give him that.

Great. I am hoping one of the first things Chan does, after hiring the SU gardner as out DC (he watched all the games!), is to kick Kelsay out the door.

But would not surprise me to have him back again, doing little but starting all year as DE.

Bills might not have a choice if Schobel retires. You're not getting four new DEs and someone from among Denney, Kelsay, Ellis and Maybin will stay. A lot will depend on the choice of scheme.

I'm definitely in the books as a Kelsay hater, but as much as it pains me to say it, he was not the worst problem on the DL this season. He'd be an OK backup for us.

exactly and that works both ways....the propoganda coming from outside of OBD is worthless as they do not have to live it....I am glad that players and those connected to the team are excited about this move....i am looking forward to a very successful 2010-11(and beyond) season....

The propoganda from OBD is flowing. The only thing that will matter is w-l record. All else is hype.

exactly and that works both ways....the propoganda coming from outside of OBD is worthless as they do not have to live it....I am glad that players and those connected to the team are excited about this move....i am looking forward to a very successful 2010-11(and beyond) season....

With all due respect, would you expect current players and people connected to the team to publicly state that they think the hire is a joke? Kelsay is saying the only thing he can say.

i would expect them to say very little if they didn't like situation....

With all due respect, would you expect current players and people connected to the team to publicly state that they think the hire is a joke? Kelsay is saying the only thing he can say.

He might not be excited when Gailey and Nix see how much his underperforming ass makes salary wise.

Brown Nose move just trying to be in the coaches good graces.

I'm thinking there's a good possibility that Schobel is a goner which IMO leaves Maybin as his sink or swim heir apparent and it may be a bad time to dump their next most productive defensive lineman, Kelsey. Not saying he's a thing of beauty, but......

I hate to sound like a broken record, but Kelsay actually had a pretty good season.

by kelsays standards he had a "good" season but fact is hes awful and gets blocked by TE's! all the time. he sucks against the run and any scrub can come unblocked and get a few sacks

Bills might not have a choice if Schobel retires. You're not getting four new DEs and someone from among Denney, Kelsay, Ellis and Maybin will stay. A lot will depend on the choice of scheme.

I'm definitely in the books as a Kelsay hater, but as much as it pains me to say it, he was not the worst problem on the DL this season. He'd be an OK backup for us.

Agree. I was also hoping Kelsay would take an exit before last season, but he had an OK year. Not great by any means and not worthy of his fat contract, but until there is someone better on the roster, then they have no choice but to keep him around.

Brown Nose move just trying to be in the coaches good graces.

Ding, Ding, Ding! If I knew that I was a mediocre employee and a new boss just arrived, I'd be one of the first to speak up and endorse him. At least give him some element of guilt if he was thinking about firing me and my $6M/yr contract. Kelsay was a terrible draft pick and to think, Donahoe actually had considered and would have selected him in the first round, had another team selected McGahee before the 23rd pick. When we selected McGahee, the posts on here were, "would you be any more upset if Kelsay was selected in the first and McGahee in the second? We got two great draft picks." If only Donahoe's first choice fell to the Bills (Polamalu), we'd be sitting in a much better situation. I wish the Bills were the only team in the NFL with an NFL Draft crystal ball.. But then again, Ralph would still find some way to screw it up! :P

I'm thinking there's a good possibility that Schobel is a goner which IMO leaves Maybin as his sink or swim heir apparent and it may be a bad time to dump their next most productive defensive lineman, Kelsey. Not saying he's a thing of beauty, but......

You've got to be kidding me.