JETS COLTS GAMETIME THREAD

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Celebration after EVERY tackle is killing me.

I don't mind the celebrations but I'm disturbed by the recent nature of celebrations.

When you celebrate as a team, that's okay. But more and more you see guys running away from their teammates so they can stand apart and bask in the egocentric spotlight. You see guys ignoring their teammates after TDs and even brushing them away so they can do their little premeditated routines.

Kickers having a ruff go of it in the playoffs!!

Which is weird because the vast majority of the games have been indoors or in nice weather.

I don't mind the celebrations but I'm disturbed by the recent nature of celebrations.

When you celebrate as a team, that's okay. But more and more you see guys running away from their teammates so they can stand apart and bask in the egocentric spotlight. You see guys ignoring their teammates after TDs and even brushing them away so they can do their little premeditated routines.

Thanks. That's what I meant. Running half way down the field to make sure everyone knows who made the play.

Which is weird because the vast majority of the games have been indoors or in nice weather.

Can't stand this indoor football... :wallbash:

Celebration after EVERY tackle is killing me.

It's called being excited to play. See... when you're not a fan of the team; or don't really care about football, you're just picking up a paycheck; or you're just taking what's given to you; or you're given turkey sandwiches and warm milk for a pre game meal you get guys just walking around out there with an occasional golf clap. Being a Bills fan, I'll assume you don't watch many other games; hence, you haven't seen many players that actually care about winning. But displays of excitement are typically seen as a good thing from a football player.

:wallbash:

It's called being excited to play. See... when you're not a fan of the team; or don't really care about football, you're just picking up a paycheck; or you're just taking what's given to you; or you're given turkey sandwiches and warm milk for a pre game meal you get guys just walking around out there with an occasional golf clap. Being a Bills fan, I'll assume you don't watch many other games; hence, you haven't seen many players that actually care about winning. But displays of excitement are typically seen as a good thing from a football player.

:wallbash:

celebrating is a waste of energy..

-im gonna get up and go get a donut

:ph34r:

It's not about caring about winning. It's about showing off. Read San Jose post. I watch plenty of football.

:ph34r:

You're not addressing the more recent discussion of celebrations.

Football is a team sport and you need to win as a team. Thus team celebrations are okay.

But this "look I just made a play so I'm gonna run away from everyone else so people can notice that it was me" sort of celebration?

Nothing wrong with excitement, football is a game of emotion. But I HATE the individual celebrations. This goes back to the Bruce Smith, Sanford and Son celebrations and everything before and since.

Celebrate with your effin teammates.