anyone good at cakes?

Pete

My friends eloped this week and don't have a lot of money. I know they both love carrot cake and the family guy- so I am going to attempt a peter and louis carrot cake. Any good suggestions how to shape it? How to decorate it? What I will need? Thanks!

My friends eloped this week and don't have a lot of money. I know they both love carrot cake and the family guy- so I am going to attempt a peter and louis carrot cake. Any good suggestions how to shape it?

Like a carrot.

What I will need?

:flirt: I'm torn here between going with the obvious and sarcastic "Well, cake mix and an oven would be a good start, Emeril", or the absurdist "a bowling ball, a VHS Widescreen version of Big Trouble in Little China, and two hamsters".

Like a carrot.

:flirt: I'm torn here between going with the obvious and sarcastic "Well, cake mix and an oven would be a good start, Emeril", or the absurdist "a bowling ball, a VHS Widescreen version of Big Trouble in Little China, and two hamsters".

I am a chef and know how to make carrot cake. But I have never attempted to shape a cake like a cartoon character. My friend that is getting married is always making kick ass cakes with themes for recipients. I thought it would be cool for them to receive one

I have some parts figured out. Now I am trying to make a fondant the color of Louis and Peter's hair. Any suggestions? What combination of food coloring?

Let's see, Lois's hair is red so if you need help in coming up with that color you should maybe just buy the cake.

Peter's hair is brown so in the fondant you could add.............wait never mind.

I am a chef

I actually did not know that. You do understand, of course, that a chef asking for help making a cake on a message board is practically begging to be made fun of, right? I'll pass on the opportunity, though.

I have some parts figured out. Now I am trying to make a fondant the color of Louis and Peter's hair. Any suggestions? What combination of food coloring?

What color hair do you need (I have no idea who Louis and Peter are)? This I might actually be able to help with - I work with dyes in my wood shop (make my own wood stains), so I'm not a complete idiot when it comes to color...

I actually did not know that. You do understand, of course, that a chef asking for help making a cake on a message board is practically begging to be made fun of, right? I'll pass on the opportunity, though.

What color hair do you need (I have no idea who Louis and Peter are)? This I might actually be able to help with - I work with dyes in my wood shop (make my own wood stains), so I'm not a complete idiot when it comes to color...

I am going to try and make a cake like this-

peter and lois

it will be a cream cheese frosting- some dyed- and with some black fondant

thanks

did they do one of those vermont ceremonies?????? :flirt: , not that there is anything wrong with that.......... :doh:

My friends eloped this week and don't have a lot of money. I know they both love carrot cake and the family guy- so I am going to attempt a peter and louis carrot cake. Any good suggestions how to shape it? How to decorate it? What I will need? Thanks!

If I had not been busy as hell today I would not have passed on the opportunity.

I am not sure a can of Minwax would be appropriate in a cake.

:thumbsup::worthy: WTF Poindexter, you running Dexter's laboratory or something! Make you own wood stains?

Call me a carp loving idiot all you want. At least I not a fag. Why don't you just buy the stain in a store like a normal human being? Like Jim said, Minwax...

:lol:

:beer::blink: WTF Poindexter, you running Dexter's laboratory or something! Make you own wood stains?

Call me a carp loving idiot all you want. At least I not a fag. Why don't you just buy the stain in a store like a normal human being? Like Jim said, Minwax...

:nana:

I could buy sausages at the store, which I do, but I get great satisfaction from curing my own. It takes a month however the the end result is very gratifying.

I could buy sausages at the store, which I do, but I get great satisfaction from curing my own. It takes a month however the the end result is very gratifying.

Faggot!

:blink:

Great satisfaction at making wood stain? I guess people must have too much time on their hands! :beer:

Or is this a "green thing?" There is enough loony hippies running around the world that worry about which is best: Ipswich Pine or Puritan Pine.

I say you both can go with the fruitwood!

Faggot!

:worthy:

Great satisfaction at making wood stain? I guess people must have too much time on their hands! :wallbash:

Or is this a "green thing?" There is enough loony hippies running around the world that worry about which is best: Ipswich Pine or Puritan Pine.

I say you both can go with the fruitwood!

Well I can understand that people like you that the only thing you make for dinner is the left turn into McDonald's drive through wouldn't get it.