Alternative to WGR 550

jscap

I like many can't tolerate the afternoon show on 550. Brad Riter has a show on 1230 at the same time and honestly it is like a breath of fresh air. He has guests and actually talks sports not about movies or music or playing silly games. I listen to Simon in the morning and thats not a bad show but Dope and the Bulldog is intolerable. :thumbsup:

These guys are so pessimistic. They get so upset at the Bills for stupid media reasons. All as they kept talking about today was the fact that Buddy Nix said 80% of the stuff reported was false. They were so caught up on that because they felt it was a shot at the media...well good! I hope it was! The media is getting worse by the day. Who in there right mind would expect a franchise of any sort to come out and list guys that were interviewed for a job when they just hired a new coach? They attack the Bills like they are the only team doing this. If I'm a CEO of a company, and I'm announcing my new hire for a high ranking position, am I going to stand before the company employees and talk about who I interviewed???? It just doesn't happen. WGR550 was once my favorite station but I find myself turning it off more and more lately because they are just taking things too personal and being way too pessimistic. Howard and the morning crew are ok in my book but even they have been getting on my nerves lately. Schopp and the Bulldog are just a terrible combination and need to go!!!!

Riter's show is 10X better than anything on WGR. Good guests and he lets them talk. Ruben Brown offers some great insight. The reporters other than Jerry Sullivan from the Buff News are also pretty fair and balanced. Also enjoy the UB coaches shows.

PTR

Excellent! A much needed change of pace. Being a cynical sports commentator in the city of Buffalo is not only void of any creativity, it is also an incredibly lazy alternative to what was fomally referred to as "journalism". Unfortuantly, it seems to pay the bills for WGR.

I'm not sure how Nix will pan out as GM, but cracking on Sullivan at the press conference was great to see.

I like many can't tolerate the afternoon show on 550. Brad Riter has a show on 1230 at the same time and honestly it is like a breath of fresh air. He has guests and actually talks sports not about movies or music or playing silly games. I listen to Simon in the morning and thats not a bad show but Dope and the Bulldog is intolerable. :devil:

do they stream on line for those of us not near Buffalo?? do they do actor drafts??

I like many can't tolerate the afternoon show on 550. Brad Riter has a show on 1230 at the same time and honestly it is like a breath of fresh air. He has guests and actually talks sports not about movies or music or playing silly games. I listen to Simon in the morning and thats not a bad show but Dope and the Bulldog is intolerable. :devil:

Thanks I'll give them a listen. I've been tired of Schopp and the Bulldog for a while now. Schopp is constantly condescending to folks that call the show and seems to enjoy being an a$$. Bulldog's not as offensive as Schopp, but they both ridiculously criticized the Bills when the beat the Dolphins for "running up the score." I can also do without all of the actor draft and other crap they put on (that is not sports) to fill time.

do they stream on line for those of us not near Buffalo?? do they do actor drafts??

If you're one of the people on here, who seem to be the majority, who wants non stop sports analysis, then you're going to be disappointed in Brad's show. He talks about a lot of other things besides sports, and I don't think he'd be opposed to an actor draft........I love Brad's show, but also like S&B most of the time, too. I actually turn it, though, to Brad, if they are going on about a Bills or Sabres subject. There's only so many ways you can something in that regard.

http://wnymedia.net/weck1230/riter/

Brad also has his own "audio vault" at this site where you can catch up on older shows.

PTR

Looks like it's the same thing, but I always go to this page:

http://buffalomainevent.blogspot.com/

Looks like Brad is really keeping up on posting this week. I don't always get to hear the show when it's on, so I like listening later...........BTW, his hour on Friday with Bob Gaughan is the best!

yes, he also has guests Mike Catalana(13Whamtv in Rochester, Leo Roth and Sal Moirano from the D&C contribute as well

I actually miss WGR and schope and bulldog - I can't get it anymore - Ditullio Rochester show is hard to take - all ditullio says is everything is great! Schope had many more interesting and intelligent things to say - if you could take the negativity.

Finally an alternative to the worst sports radio show ever. Someone is going to have to explain how the hell did these 2 idiots win an award for excellence in sports reporting. Maybe we can take uo another billboard collection to get these 2 removed from the airwaves?

Finally an alternative to the worst sports radio show ever. Someone is going to have to explain how the hell did these 2 idiots win an award for excellence in sports reporting. Maybe we can take uo another billboard collection to get these 2 removed from the airwaves?

They won a Marconi Award.

Bobby Marconi from the West Side.

Can hardly wait for the Groundhog Draft or Valentine's Day Draft :wallbash:;):thumbsup:

Thank you XM.

Btw, the best sports show is Shredd and Regan.

And it's not even close.

Last year- from the Super Bowl- Shredd and Regan had interview after interview with Hall of Famers....players.... coaches.... celebs....while Schopp and the Bulldog talked about their wallets and their toenails all the while decrying the banality of Super Bowl radio row.

Too good for radio row?

Too boring for the radio pioneers, Schopp and the Lapdog?

Thanks Shredd and Regan- hope you do it again this year.

you can listen to John DiTullio's show at whtk.com

Not as big a fan of Jonh DiTullio as I am of another host, Bob Matthews on WHAM 1180 or WHAM1180.com from 6-8 week nights. Bob has been on since before these other guys were born. Not stupidly negative, just fair. Actually takes callers and lets them speak until they are done. Love Bob.

On a side note Bob is on right now and is talking on the subject of giving Nix and Gailey the benefit of the doubt and support. Pretty cool. He also stated that this next year will probably be another miss in the playoffs given the stages the Jets, Miami, and the Pats are at right now with players and consistency. Hopes the Bills can get off the injury reserve train... Anyways its good old fashioned discussion for the sake of discussion, not just to be right or some kind of guru.

"Mensa" Mike Schopp was running his mouth today about how impressive it was that Wegmans had never had a layoff. (paraphrasing): "What? Are they so good at interviewing, they've never hired someone they had to can because they stole something?" The genius bulldog had to immediately bail him out and explain the difference between firings and lay offs.

Not as big a fan of Jonh DiTullio as I am of another host, Bob Matthews on WHAM 1180 or WHAM1180.com from 6-8 week nights. Bob has been on since before these other guys were born. Not stupidly negative, just fair. Actually takes callers and lets them speak until they are done. Love Bob.

On a side note Bob is on right now and is talking on the subject of giving Nix and Gailey the benefit of the doubt and support. Pretty cool. He also stated that this next year will probably be another miss in the playoffs given the stages the Jets, Miami, and the Pats are at right now with players and consistency. Hopes the Bills can get off the injury reserve train... Anyways its good old fashioned discussion for the sake of discussion, not just to be right or some kind of guru.

Matthews!? I don't listen to his show much - I hope its better than his column in Rochester paper. All he does is quote statistics and get the picks wrong every week

Excellent! A much needed change of pace. Being a cynical sports commentator in the city of Buffalo is not only void of any creativity, it is also an incredibly lazy alternative to what was fomally referred to as "journalism". Unfortuantly, it seems to pay the bills for WGR.

I'm not sure how Nix will pan out as GM, but cracking on Sullivan at the press conference was great to see.

I have seen the whole Buddy Nix and Chan press conference at BB.com and I have heard others referring to "his shot at Sullivan" but which shot was it?

Anybosy know? If so, PLEASE share. I have got to know!

Thanks! Go BillS!

the people associated with the afternoon show are miserable human beings who have miserable lives. the morning show with howard simon and co. should replace them in that time slot.

Yes. They are forced to care about sports and talk about sports for a grueling 4 hours a day. It's inhumane.

PTR

Probably the biggest difference between Brad and S&B is that he rarely takes calls from listeners........But, he'll definitely talk a wide variety of subjects, so if you are looking for straight sports (which I am not), then this is not your show, either.................The fact that he doesn't take calls makes his sports talk way better. You don't have to hear every schmuck's opinion on said subject (and in Schoop's case, then you don't have to hear him belittle said schmuck)

Probably the biggest difference between Brad and S&B is that he rarely takes calls from listeners........But, he'll definitely talk a wide variety of subjects, so if you are looking for straight sports (which I am not), then this is not your show, either.................The fact that he doesn't take calls makes his sports talk way better. You don't have to hear every schmuck's opinion on said subject (and in Schoop's case, then you don't have to hear him belittle said schmuck)

I don't think Brad won't take callers. I don't think many people are calling! I've called and have gotten on in minutes. WECK doesn't have the listeners that WGR does. The signal isn't great, especially at night. And WECK is a shoestring operation. They can't afford a lot of advertising. Brad probably gets more listeners online than over the air.

PTR