Kiper 1st mock

BeastMode54

anyone who doesn't think that Clausen is a stud quarterback did not watch any Notre Dame games this year. 28 TD's ,only 4 INTS all season, and played well even in all of ND's losses as well as playing most of the season with a bad foot. If they had any defense at all he may have won the heisman. Oh yeah... and his best receiver went out in week 2 with a season ending collarbone injury. We could do alot worse.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Claussen is there take him and then take him IMO Claussen is the best QB in the draft (Way ahead of Bradford) and its hard to get a top QB at pick 9. HOWEVER if we take a QB with the 9th pick we need to desperately package the 2nd and 3rd round picks in order to trade up and take a LT at the back end of round 1 if we draft a franchise QB we can't put him in a compromised position plus too this tackle draft is pretty deep.

Honestly I would love that draft if it were to happen. Give me Claussen and a 2nd tier LT like Buluga or Campbell and the offense has acquired the 2 hardest pieces to obtain. Granted it doesn't address the D but there is always free agency its a lot easier to get defensive players in free agency and trades then offensive ones (Especially QB's and LT's)

If Claussen is there take him and then take him IMO Claussen is the best QB in the draft (Way ahead of Bradford) and its hard to get a top QB at pick 9. HOWEVER if we take a QB with the 9th pick we need to desperately package the 2nd and 3rd round picks in order to trade up and take a LT at the back end of round 1 if we draft a franchise QB we can't put him in a compromised position plus too this tackle draft is pretty deep.

Honestly I would love that draft if it were to happen. Give me Claussen and a 2nd tier LT like Buluga or Campbell and the offense has acquired the 2 hardest pieces to obtain. Granted it doesn't address the D but there is always free agency its a lot easier to get defensive players in free agency and trades then offensive ones (Especially QB's and LT's)

Just to make something clear. If we still have a dysfunctional OL next year and Nix and Gailey are set on drafting a QB first round...Clausen had an invisible OL at Notre Dame too. So he IS kinda used to it.

Not sure if I would like the Clausen pick...would rather go OL or DE first round, go whichever one you didn't draft in the first in the second round, then take Dan LeFevour in the third. But that's just me...

anyone who doesn't think that Clausen is a stud quarterback did not watch any Notre Dame games this year. 28 TD's ,only 4 INTS all season, and played well even in all of ND's losses as well as playing most of the season with a bad foot. If they had any defense at all he may have won the heisman. Oh yeah... and his best receiver went out in week 2 with a season ending collarbone injury. We could do alot worse.

Tate was his best receiver not Floyd. But Clausen did show a lot of toughness and a strong arm. I still would prefer they go McClain or a LT if one isn't gotten in FA.

Just to make something clear. If we still have a dysfunctional OL next year and Nix and Gailey are set on drafting a QB first round...Clausen had an invisible OL at Notre Dame too. So he IS kinda used to it.

Not sure if I would like the Clausen pick...would rather go OL or DE first round, go whichever one you didn't draft in the first in the second round, then take Dan LeFevour in the third. But that's just me...

Well in my scenario of us taking Clausen at pick 9 I have us trading back up into the late 1st and taking a LT to help protect him.

I agree with this. The only reasons I'd see to not do what you've suggested would be these:

1. If Clausen isn't there at #9 (obviously)

2. If the Bills are sold on Brohm

3. If the Bills are not sold on Clausen

I agree with the general principle that, if you don't have a QB, and if there's a franchise QB there waiting to be taken, you take him. Period. Any other need is going to be less hard to fill than that!

If the Bills go with a QB at #9, I also agree with the idea of trading back into the first to grab a LT. The Bills need to take a LT either in the first round or early in the second.

The one problem with this draft is that it doesn't address the NT position--which would be critical if we're switching to a 3-4. But we can always either a) eschew the above-described trade, take a LT in the second and an NT in the third, or b) take a NT on the second day of the draft. Plus maybe sign a player or two in free agency. The second day pick at NT could become a long-term backup/depth player, and in the short-term would see a lot of playing time.

I also would love Claussen (although I'm against every other QB in this draft at 9).

Gotta deal with LT in free agency. Then we are free to take Claussen or McClain.

C'mon Ralph, spend some money.

I agree with this. The only reasons I'd see to not do what you've suggested would be these:

1. If Clausen isn't there at #9 (obviously)

2. If the Bills are sold on Brohm

3. If the Bills are not sold on Clausen

I agree with the general principle that, if you don't have a QB, and if there's a franchise QB there waiting to be taken, you take him. Period. Any other need is going to be less hard to fill than that!

If the Bills go with a QB at #9, I also agree with the idea of trading back into the first to grab a LT. The Bills need to take a LT either in the first round or early in the second.

The one problem with this draft is that it doesn't address the NT position--which would be critical if we're switching to a 3-4. But we can always either a) eschew the above-described trade, take a LT in the second and an NT in the third, or b) take a NT on the second day of the draft. Plus maybe sign a player or two in free agency. The second day pick at NT could become a long-term backup/depth player, and in the short-term would see a lot of playing time.

I don't think we are going to fully switch to a 3-4 this season at least. We might stock pile a few free agents that can play in both systems BUT I think we are going to stick with a 4-3 (Not a Tampa 2 necessarily) for this upcoming season. If I am Bills management (I fire Gailey and sign Marty Ball but that's a different rant) I focus on free agency to fill my defensive needs.

I think Jason Ferguson is a guy we could target. Yes he is old and coming off of an injury BUT I think we can get 1 more year out of him because when on the field he is an elite run stuffer. I also think we will target Derrick Johnson as our OLB the guy is a beast in a 4-3 and is coming off a down year due to being in the wrong system. Also Osi U from the Giants might be available via trade for a mid round pick.

Osi and Ferguson help the D-line (I also think if we can get Stroud right that can go a long way) and adding Johnson and Mitchel back from injury (As well as keeping Poz healthy) helps out the linebacking core big time. Once we get those pieces on the front 7 we can go out and get our offense set via the draft.

I also would love Claussen (although I'm against every other QB in this draft at 9).

Gotta deal with LT in free agency. Then we are free to take Claussen or McClain.

C'mon Ralph, spend some money.

No good LT's will reach free agency or want to come to Buffalo for LT its draft or bust.

anyone who doesn't think that Clausen is a stud quarterback did not watch any Notre Dame games this year. 28 TD's ,only 4 INTS all season, and played well even in all of ND's losses as well as playing most of the season with a bad foot.

You didn't happen to notice who the opponents were in all those games you watched, did you?

You didn't happen to notice who the opponents were in all those games you watched, did you?

common response by any quarterback hater, all college quarterbacks have their share of easy games, Ben Roethlisberger and countless other quarterbacks would have never get drafted according to your theory

They had an unbelievably easy schedule this year. Please say no to Claussen

They had an unbelievably easy schedule this year. Please say no to Claussen

BUT he has a very good arm. It was an NFL system, and he lost one of his better receivers in game 2. ALSO he didn't have a very good O-line either. So without a good starting cast he carried his team. I do think that is a valid concern though.

Jimmy Cluasen doesn't impress me and i think that he may be a good QB, but I don't think he can be one here without an answer at LT. I believe in building up through the lines and developing a QB behind the long term after you have an established line and a veteran QB presence to help him progress.

Take Claussen if he's available, QB is the most important position on the team and the hardest to fill. Despite people who love to say LT is, it's not. There are plenty of teams who are successful with average LT's (Arizona last year/this year, Pittsburgh last year; Matt Light (NE) is overrated) - you don't need a stud. You also can't have a sieve there, so obviously the position needs upgrading.

common response by any quarterback hater, all college quarterbacks have their share of easy games, Ben Roethlisberger and countless other quarterbacks would have never get drafted according to your theory

Give me a break. Quoting stats without any consideration for the fact that ND played the easiest schedule of just about any major BCS team out there is pointless. If you want to debate his merits, at least be realistic.

Give me a break. Quoting stats without any consideration for the fact that ND played the easiest schedule of just about any major BCS team out there is pointless. If you want to debate his merits, at least be realistic.

28 td's, 4 int's against division I teams speaks for itself. Yeah, Michigan, USC, Michigan State, Boston College aren't exactly up to par with the MAC teams, but maybe some day they will. :thumbsup: