Drew Is An Average QB, BUT The 4-6

Bill from NYC

Drew is average. He looks too long at receivers. He tends to hold the football too long and is not mobile. He also has a great arm. He is durable, and a team player. This, imo renders him to be about average.

The Bills have a nasty schedule. They also have a rookie coach. For much of the season, Travis henry was their RB. He missed blocks, dropped passes, slid on his ass, and ran wrong pass routes.

They also had to learn a new (and surely better) system on the OL. Their RT started the season out of shape. Their FA cb was injured, as was their best safety.

I am flat out blaming Drew for 2 losses this season, but refuse to blame him alone for our dismal record. He had plenty of help in losing football games.

PS: Is the ANYBODY who saw Travis whiff on a block with 2:50 left in the 3rd Quarter? Drew managed to get the pass off, but he took a nasty hit and he was pissed. I like what I saw of Burns, and think that Travis does not belong on the football field.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought he played a big hand in the Raiders, Patriots, and Ravens loss's.

While I agree with some of what you said, if this team had any kind of a play maker at the quarterback position, we would not be 4-6.

129448[/snapback]

That's very true.

One only had to watch the first couple of series against the RAMS to understand how even underachieving and non-physical defenses plan to stop our offense. The RAMS continually put 9 men in the box and dared us to throw the ball (especially down the field, which is supposedly Bledsoe's strength).

Been going on for the better part of 2 seasons.

I still see guys not wearing 80 running wide open all over the NE secondary while Drew was locking on his primary...

:angry:

I agree partally with what Bill is saying....

The only comment I have right now is....I am tired of "not blaming Drew for the loss" and look forward to "a QB that can turn something out of nothing"

Basically....too many things have to go right in order to get a win with Drew.....yeah we expect our Offensive line to block....running backs to pick up blitzers.....receivers to catch balls....and on and on.....

But the ALL have to happen in order to have a win like we did yesterday....if just one of those parts fails then we struggle.....

Drews inability to turn nothing into something is hurting this team.....take a look at the other teams that are doing well.....their QB turns nothing into something every once in a while......

And this isn't a knock on Drew the person.....I just want more out of this team

I say if we had a real NFL QB,

we would be 6-3 or 7-2.

129459[/snapback]

3 singular plays in 3 of the first four games and we would be 7-2.

We all know what they are, and Drew had nothing to do with any of them.

Bret Favre behind this line would have made no difference. He throws the ball in the vicinity of players and they make plays. Our receivers suck. They SUCK!!!

They get no separation, and on the rare occasion that they do, they CAN'T CATCH the football. And on the rare occasion that they catch the footbal they CAN'T RUN anywhere with it.

Bledsoe gets credit for losing the Baltimore game on 4 tipped interceptions. Fine.

The other games (including NE) were a team effort.

129498[/snapback]

If we had a real NFL QB,

those 3 games wouldn't have come down to 3 plays. :angry:

Bret Favre behind this line would have made no difference.  He throws the ball in the vicinity of players and they make plays. Our receivers suck. They SUCK!!!

They get no separation, and on the rare occasion that they do, they CAN'T CATCH the football. And on the rare occasion that they catch the footbal they CAN'T RUN anywhere with it.

Bledsoe gets credit for losing the Baltimore game on 4 tipped interceptions. Fine.

The other games (including NE) were a team effort.

129498[/snapback]

A missing factor out of that idea is that Farve does something our QB DOESN"T do.....give himself time to make a good throw when things break down...

It is amazing just how much a couple of seconds makes for a receiver to break open downfield.....if we had a QB that could buy that time with his feet....think that Moulds and Evans would get open for much bigger plays?

I'm concerned with Travis.  I thought he would play well this year and be valuable trade bait.  I don't think we could get a 3rd rounder for him the way this season has gone - especially now that the league sees how TD fleeced the Falcons on the PP trade.

129440[/snapback]

Thank you. I continue to read about how Travis will get us a first round pick and so forth. He will probably bring us a 6th, this if he is not cut outright.

You know what, I dont care! Travis helped us to a degree last season. He played while hurt last year, and I wish him well.

I also hope that Burns sees more reps this year.

Is it me, or did he gain 20 pounds?

Yup.

As bad as Jeff Garcia has looked with the Browns(There offensive line BAD) I think he would've been a perfect fit for this offense.

If we dropped Bledsoe and, Garcia decided to sign here, I think this team would be at least .500.

129472[/snapback]

Garcia 10 TD 9 INT

Bledsoe 12 TD 11 INT

QB rate

Garcia 76.6

Bledsoe 74.4

Record

Browns 3-7

Bills 4-6

Yeah, more BS, no sense.

Garcia, another "real NFL quarterback"

Garcia  10 TD 9 INT

Bledsoe 12 TD 11 INT

QB rate

Garcia 76.6

Bledsoe 74.4

Record

Browns  3-7

Bills      4-6

Yeah, more BS, no sense.

Garcia, another "real NFL quarterback"

129563[/snapback]

And considering how Butch Davis said that Garcia looked 'skittish' in the pocket, you could imagine how he would have reacted behind the Bills O-line at the beginning of the year.

Anybody but Drew..

Anybody but Gilbride...

Anybody but RJ...

Anybody but Wade...

Anybody but Donohoe...

Anybody but Walt Corey...

Anybody but Mike Williams...

Anybody but Pucillo...

Anybody but Johnny Pitts...

You get the idea.

Anybody but Drew..

Anybody but Gilbride...

Anybody but RJ...

Anybody but Wade...

Anybody but Donohoe...

Anybody but Pucillo...

You get the idea.

129578[/snapback]

I agree with most of that list. I like Mike Williams at RT though and think TD has done a great job besides the bledsoe debacle. Wade was a decent coach.

Anybody but Drew..

Anybody but Gilbride...

Anybody but RJ...

Anybody but Wade...

Anybody but Donohoe...

Anybody but Pucillo...

You get the idea.

129578[/snapback]

Yeah, I know. I shouldn't let this bs bother me. I gotta quit responding to this

crap. Bunch of nattering nabobs of negativism.

Cant win on the road

Cant play well on primetime-in fact he is at his worst(which says alot)

Cant win a big game

Cant beat an above average team

Cant check off

Cant make adjustments

Struggles against the blitz

OK so he can beat bad teams at home while posting mediocre stats. Sounds like below average to me. Actually sounds like bottom of the barrell to me

Cant win on the road

Cant play well on primetime-in fact he is at his worst(which says alot)

Cant win a big game

Cant beat an above average team

Cant check off

Cant make adjustments

Struggles against the blitz

OK so he can beat bad teams at home while posting mediocre stats.  Sounds like below average to me.  Actually sounds like bottom of the barrell to me

129655[/snapback]

His 3 TDs to Campy were read progressions, and a QB rating of 108 is "mediocre"?