Does TO have any interest in playing for Chan??

Chuckknox

Chan will use the weapons he has, TO is a great player to have. Teams still game plan to cover him and he still produces.

UMMM Lets revisit this please..

Comments on TO. My observations are that TO was all dropsies and lackadaisical when Trent was the QB, then when Fitz took the snaps suddenly TO was "happy and supportive" and suddenly stopped dropping passes and showed some spunk.

ONLY to lose interest a few weeks later.

WHAT makes anyone think the TO will change?

I would have no problem with TO coming back. He's one of the few people on this team that showed any life, even with taking the occassional play off.

I think the key to him wanting to come back is the QB situation. Bring Vick or McNabb in and I bet he considers it. Stay with the three stooges and he can't pack his UHaul fast enough.

While I did enjoy having Owens on this team last year, lets face it: He's not going to be here next year. And its probably for the best. We need to see what guys like Stevie Johnson, James Hardy and who ever they draft and/or get in free agency this year have. Owens was supposed to get us over last year but the problem was we had nobody to throw to him. And, when someone finally did (Fitzpatrick), it was like T.O. was the only reciever out there, when Fitz wasn't getting clobbered every other play, that is.

Look for T.O. to sign on with either Chicago or Arizona, as Anquan Boldin will likely be elsewhere next year and the Bears will be looking for 2010's official "Missing Piece" to their puzzle.

TO came to Buffalo because it was clear to him and Drew Rosenhaus that he wasn't going to get any other offers (despite the fact that he was signed fairly soon after getting cut by Dallas). If someone else shows an interest this time, he's gone. In fact, he may still be gone depending on how Nix and Gailey feel about him.

There is already a good reason to suspect that 2010 will not be "air Buffalo". Chan will build on what he has and that means a healthy dose of Freddy and the running game. TO can only assume that for now and won't know much more by the time FA starts. I don't think he is worth another 6.5M so his only chance of staying in Buffalo would be no one else wants him and Buffalo gets him cheap.

I think the Bills blew it NOT trading T.O. to Baltimore when they had the chance. This year I say tag him and try to get some picks for him now. I would also consider trading Lynch and Schoebel for some decent picks. We need to load up on 2nd and 3rd rounders.

PTR

I think the Bills blew it NOT trading T.O. to Baltimore when they had the chance. This year I say tag him and try to get some picks for him now. I would also consider trading Lynch and Schoebel for some decent picks. We need to load up on 2nd and 3rd rounders.

PTR

Was it ever confirmed that Baltimore actually offered anything for him? I agree that it was probably a mistake not to get a pick for him, but I wasn't ever convinced that they had the choice.

Also, if they tag him and can't trade him, they are stuck with a guy with a one-year salary that will be around $10 million.

While I did enjoy having Owens on this team last year, lets face it: He's not going to be here next year. And its probably for the best. We need to see what guys like Stevie Johnson, James Hardy and who ever they draft and/or get in free agency this year have. Owens was supposed to get us over last year but the problem was we had nobody to throw to him. And, when someone finally did (Fitzpatrick), it was like T.O. was the only reciever out there, when Fitz wasn't getting clobbered every other play, that is.

Look for T.O. to sign on with either Chicago or Arizona, as Anquan Boldin will likely be elsewhere next year and the Bears will be looking for 2010's official "Missing Piece" to their puzzle.

I agree...the only way I might keep TO is if we brought in a qb who could maximize his use. It was pretty pathetic this year as our offense only emphasized TO's weakness (dropsies). That's not to say TO was in any way a bad part of this team, and from what I saw he was a real professional all the time here in Buffalo. I just like your point that we have to evaluate the young receivers and move on. I'd concentrate on signing Josh Reed and hope one of the young guys steps into the number 2 role.