Listening to Jim Rome

RkFast

Holy !@#$ this guy is awful. Awful and incompetent.

Maybe Ralph can hire him.

Rome has the whole inside joke/secret language thing going with his hardcore listeners, which is kind of weird and stupid. However, he is the best interviewer in the business. Period. Not to mention, he gets an incredible selection of guests everyday. Not sure why you think he's incompetent, if he was, he wouldn't still be on the air 20 years later. Now Colin Cowherd, that guy is flat out awful.

nope.....Stephen A. Smith...unlistenable :wallbash:

Stephen A and Rome both feel if they shout something loud enough it must make it true. But strangely enough they have jobs and big paying jobs so their Chris Rock style must be popular. However, neither one is worth anything. Maybe WGR could hire them!

Oh wait, Rome has his peeps...and I thought he went to UC Santa Barbara or not the University of Ghetto.

The only guy worse, with a national show, is Colin Cowherd....

I find myself agreeing with 95 percent of the things he says. Apparently I'm in the minority. I see lots of hatred for that guy. He's easily the best, in my opinion. It's not close.

I find myself agreeing with 95 percent of the things he says. Apparently I'm in the minority. I see lots of hatred for that guy. He's easily the best, in my opinion. It's not close.

Even when I agree with his "take", I can't stand him... he is a smug, arrogant a-hole... he constantly admonishes "sport fan" for comparing their jobs to that of athletes, yet does the same thing himself all the time. I am not a violent person, but, if I were to see this guy in a bar, and spoke with him, I am fairly certain I would want to kick his ass. He is just a jerk... even when he is right... also, he doesn't know near as much about some sports as he thinks he does, the NBA in particular. I think he is just terrible...I will admit, however, I do listen from time to time...he is on at the same time as Rome, here... I always have the radio on...

Even when I agree with his "take", I can't stand him... he is a smug, arrogant a-hole... he constantly admonishes "sport fan" for comparing their jobs to that of athletes, yet does the same thing himself all the time. I am not a violent person, but, if I were to see this guy in a bar, and spoke with him, I am fairly certain I would want to kick his ass. He is just a jerk... even when he is right... also, he doesn't know near as much about some sports as he thinks he does, the NBA in particular. I think he is just terrible...I will admit, however, I do listen from time to time...he is on at the same time as Rome, here... I always have the radio on...

He is arrogant, no doubt about it. And there's no doubt he's a PAC-10 homer, but he's still the best there is. I've always appreciated the fact that he rarely contradicts himself, though he does it on occasion (still less than almost all radio guys).

Rome is a terrific interviewer. And I've noticed as he gets older, he does less of the schtick. He's 45 now, so I think his show has actually matured quite a bit.

Cowturd is accurate most of the time, but that ego couldn't be any bigger. Annoying voice, personality, etc.

Rome is hilarious. Cowherd is a pompous ass.

Rome is pompous, but at least he is charming.

I won't say people that don't like him don't get it, because you can have your opinion, and might not share my sense of humor. I have been on/off listener for years, and I appreciate "The Jungle." Manual buzzer is fantastic. Rome is basically the only radio sports personality that doesn't have the patented stuttering-whiny voice, possibly coupled with an over-zealous side kick.

I guess the real good news is there are other stations....