What will make you renew the NFL Sunday ticket next year

major

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not renewing this Year for the first time in I don't know how long...The combination of The Bills sucking and the absolutely rediculous cost for the privilege of watching them suck is making the decision quite easy for me...If they had some sort of Package where I could pay less to watch only The Bills Games I guess I would reconsider...Afterall I do so enjoy watching them suck...But if they keep it all the same I'm out...At least for the 2010 Season I'm out... :thumbsup:

What must the Bills do for you to renew the NFL Sunday ticket or buy season tickets next season? I'm curious to hear what it will take for us to spend $ on this team next year?

I will definitely renew my DirecTV Sunday Ticket next season. It was too painful living in Florida and having to watch the local teams when there were much better games being played. Regarding watching the Bills, after 50 years of being a fan, I don't buy that blind faith crap any more. If they are competitive I'll watch them and root for them (win or lose). But if it is more of what happened in 2009, when even their wins were usually ugly, I'll pass.

Play the games. That's all it'll take for me to renew my seasons. It's as much about enjoying the Bills as it is about my son and I enjoying the time together and hopefully me using football as a tool to help me teach the kid how to live life.

What must the Bills do for you to renew the NFL Sunday ticket or buy season tickets next season? I'm curious to hear what it will take for us to spend $ on this team next year?

Because I am a relocated Western New Yorker in Virginia (military) I have had Sunday Ticket for about 7 or 8 seasons (even switched from cable to DirecTV just to get it). I have told myself that I am not getting it unless the Bills make some major moves and hiring Chan Gailey isn't one of those. The move of hiring him, confirms that I will not be renewing next season. Anything short of bringing in Peyton Manning, Brett Favre or a qualified NFL quarterback, since they are bringing in crap for a head coach, I will see the Bills if they are on national TV, which after this past season, and their reputation as the biggest joke in the NFL, won't be too often in the coming years.

Already cancelled sunday ticket. WAY too expensive.

+1 i cancelled a few years back and DTV was not at all happy about it.In fact they automatically started billing me the following season also.I remember when it was $159 for ST but now they want over 4 Bills for the whole package.Plus it keeps you stuck at home on Sundays.Id rather goto the game, or a bar and watch the game.

I have been out of WNY for 13 years.

I will do the same as this past year. Tell them to not charge me because I have reconsidered the cost of the programming.

I got 5 months of free service with the full lineup. (except select HD channels)

not sure what your point is.

however DT sunday ticket will not show you the bills game if its blacked out in your area so i'm not getting what your talking about!

Dropped it last year actually. Absolutely NO plans to pick it back up. I've got better things to do, namely spend time with my 15 month old son, than pay 400 bucks to get kicked in the ballz every Sunday. Life's too short folks. Make the plunge, it will set you free...

THIS.

Ill always deep down be a fan, but life is WAY too short to drop tons of money and time into incompetent money sucking businesses who act like they are doing you a favor.

Would you continue to eat somewhere with bad food and lousy service?

Even though I saved a bunch of money on the sunday ticket last year (thanks to tbd), I've decided that I'm out. After 12 years of loyal DTV and Sunday Ticket viewing, I just can't commit to 16-17 Sundays a year.

I'm getting AT&T U-Verse installed next week and will watch the red zone channel when I can. If DTV wants me back, they know how to get in touch.

The Bills did try to get the top coaching talent out there. When you start getting to names like Frazier and Grimm and below that then is Chan Gailey really that bad of a decision?

I was absolutely shocked at Grimms luke warm and somewhat disrespectful response to the Bills. I can't wait to hear what happened with Frazier, if he was sending less than enthusiastic signals which expedited the hiring of Gailey. I mean, who the heck are these nobodies to turn down the Buffalo Bills???? A still proud franchise with the best fans in the world. It's shocking that these guys are that dumb and arrogant.

After sleeping on it, I'm totally cool with Gailey. Why? Because the Bills DID ask all of the guys I really wanted (Shanahan, Cowher, Harbaugh) to be their head coach. When I find myself asking about guys like Garrett, McDermott and Rivera then I know I've gone off the deep end. Go get 'em Gailey. I'm looking forward to the press conference and see who we get as coordinators.

My take is the only reason Cowher and Shanahan even spoke with the Bills FO is they released info that the Bills would pay 10 million a year to get a top coach.

So when all this blows over it will be interesting to hear what actually happened with those two, considering Shanahan took a 5 year 35 million dollar a year deal with the Redskins.

It is not "all" about the head coach, all he really needs to do is motivate the players, manage the team and game and his assistants. It is all about who he hires as his assistant coaches, Marv inherited some great players and hired one terrific OC and went to 4 SB's.

What will cause me to renew my Sunday Ticket this year? Well, actually the great deal they signed me up to last year. This year DirecTV gave me Sunday Ticket HD w SuperFan for free (plus a couple other perks). In exchange I agreed to stay with DirecTV for the next two years. [As a quick comment/disclaimer: I really was considering changing to ATT U-Verse when I moved, not just calling to see how much I could get.]

Also, since you asked for others' rationale, I'll give you what I would have used on myself to spring for Sunday Ticket again this year if the above hadn't happened.

This year I watched at least the Bills game and the ShortCuts preview of our next opponent each week (a 30 minute snap-to-tackle replay of their previous game). Overall I watched less football than most years, but probably averaged 5 hours of DTV viewing per week. I rationalize the cost by translating the charge to an hourly rate:

16 (weeks) * 5 (hours) + 15 hours (preseason) = 95 hours, which comes out to about $3.50 per hour for entertainment, $1.75 if you factor in the discount I received. And most weeks I enjoy my time more than seeing a movie. (Some weeks are better than others!)

Anyway, for me I guess it comes down to the fact that I regularly work hard and don't often spend money for myself. The money is not much of a factor compared to the entertainment. This is one of the few areas I splurge and don't get too hung up on it.

I actually bailed on Sunday Ticket last year. It wasn't Bills related - it's the fact that in a world that's now HD standard they still charge $100 for the HD package. Sunday Ticket had HD for a year before they came up with the scam to charge for it. Now still charging for it years later is particularly obnoxious given DirecTV's entire marketing campaign revolving around breadth of HD content. It's like if they were charging for color back when most TVs were still in black and white. I can't wait to see how much they try and tack on for their 3D package in the next few years.

You can find lots of other ways to watch Bills games on TV for less than $415 a year.

you have to be persistent. i take out the six month package (pay from july thru dec) and by doing that you get a $50 discount on standard NFL ticket so it costs me around 250.

then the trick is you have to keep calling until you get a decent manager who will give you superfan for free.

i just completed my 4th year of sunday ticket and i have yet to pay for HD super fan. like i said you have to be persistent!

you have to be persistent. i take out the six month package (pay from july thru dec) and by doing that you get a $50 discount on standard NFL ticket so it costs me around 250.

then the trick is you have to keep calling until you get a decent manager who will give you superfan for free.

i just completed my 4th year of sunday ticket and i have yet to pay for HD super fan. like i said you have to be persistent!

Last year after taking scooby's advice I threatened to cancel & they gave me super fan hd for free & dropped the st down to $150. Here is the kicker though, they also gave me a $20 credit every month for the next 12 months. So basically I made $90 by getting st. This year if they do not give me the same deal, which I do not see why they would give me this deal again, I will not renew.

+1

DirecTV has to give us out of towners an ala carte option. No sense getting it without HD, so $414 to watch teams I dont care about is just dumb. Sure, it's a money maker for them, but I have to assume they have and continue to lose a fair amount of customers over their pricing in this economy. Time for them to give us a "Team Package" and charge way less. I'd sign up to watch even a crappy Bills team if I could get it at a reasonable cost. Watching it on the internet is a joke.

How much would you pay to get only the Bills in HD? I'd go as high as $150 a season in HD.

I'm not renewing this Year for the first time in I don't know how long...The combination of The Bills sucking and the absolutely rediculous cost for the privilege of watching them suck is making the decision quite easy for me...If they had some sort of Package where I could pay less to watch only The Bills Games I guess I would reconsider...Afterall I do so enjoy watching them suck...But if they keep it all the same I'm out...At least for the 2010 Season I'm out... :wallbash: