Sully is right this time...

sharper802

If buffalo sucks soooo bad why is he there writing stories on them?

MOVE you blowhard!!!

Do you honestly think he'd find a job anywhere else?

He's rehashing things that have been said over and over on TSW. We don't need to hear it again. He needs to dig up something we don't know and write about it. Until then, turn the page.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

As much of a jerk he might be, everyone knows he hit the nail on the head. None of what he wrote is news to any of us. It's time to hope for the best and prepare for the worst. You won't see me jumping ship, though. I'm a Mets fan, too, so I'm getting the hang of this.

LOL... you are officially a glutton for punishment... Bills and Mets fans unite!

it amazes me how many lemmings say sully nailed it on a weekly basis. This guy has no inside info on the team at all. He postulates bc some coaches left on bad terms no one will come coach? we all know the roster situation etc but you guys are starting to sound like the dumb rednecks on south park--- dey took er jobs!!!

sully is right. it's embarrasing to be a bills fan. i am on the brink of giving up on this team for good. buddy nix better be the best drafter since bill polian.

say what you want about the sabres losing briere and drury. at least that team is one of more respected teams in the league. the bills are a joke in their league. what a shame.

I believe he is wholly right - however, I think the article is completely unoriginal and lacks any effort on his part. Hell - you have seen this type or reporitng on this site for a while now...in fact, is this where he does his research???? Totally unoriginal - and I like him.

say what you will..... make all these conclusions as if any of you, including sully, have any idea what youre talking about.

Lets just wait and see who they hire as HC and staff.

THen we can at least criticize them for a poor decision.... right now a lot of you sound like a girl who got her granny panties in a bunch.

I think this situation defines some fans to a tee: They will be unhappy no matter what. If the team is losing, there will be endless complaints.

1. If the teams goes 10-6 and makes the playoffs, there will be complaining about not doing enough to put the team over the top.

2. If the team makes the AFC championship and loses, there will be complaining about how the owner isn't doing enough to make the team Super Bowl caliber.

3. If the team makes it to the Super Bowl and loses, there will be complaining about how the team is a group of "losers" because they can't win the big one.

4. If the team wins one Super Bowl but doesn't make it back within four years, there will be complaining about how the team isn't "elite"

Those on this board who were fans of the team from 1988 to 1999 will remember complaining levels 2, and 3.

Enter the internet message board, and you've got complaining levels on steroids.

The more things change, the more they stay the same.

I believe he is wholly right - however, I think the article is completely unoriginal and lacks any effort on his part. Hell - you have seen this type or reporitng on this site for a while now...in fact, is this where he does his research???? Totally unoriginal - and I like him.

He probably has to produce something. And lets face it, there hasn't been a lot of fact being disseminated by OBD lately. So he speculates just like everyone else. Believe him or don't, but he is guessing just as much as anyone else.

It does raise all kinds of red flags that there is such a lack of interest in the Bills head coaching position. Sullivan's last point is what concerns me the most. If the team continues to lose over the next couple of years, it is inevitable that fan support will deteroriate, leading to more momentum for an eventual move out of Buffalo. I do think that if the Bills are successful on the field that it will be more difficult to move the franchise and it will put more pressure on the NFL to keep the team in Buffalo. This is why, among many other reasons, it is critical for the team to start having some success.

As much of a jerk he might be, everyone knows he hit the nail on the head. None of what he wrote is news to any of us. It's time to hope for the best and prepare for the worst. You won't see me jumping ship, though. I'm a Mets fan, too, so I'm getting the hang of this.

Yes, I agree with you.

I don't get the hate of Sully. When the Bills suck he is the voice of the disgruntled fan. You read him, nod your head and then get on with your week. My goodness, if you don't like him, don't read him. Would you prefer the bland stating of the obvious or blowing sunshine up our heinies?

I've stomped on Sully several times on this board.

MY criticism is that he's not a sober, calm voice. I question his temperament.

He'd be the first one to scream "fire" in a crowded auditorium, only to find out that it was a fog machine backstage.

He'd be pushing women and children out of the way to get to the exits.

All this said, he's a columnist, he writes opinion (albeit with little supporting journalism), and he's dead on here.

The one caveat, as I've posted before, the search seems not to be going well. But that doesn't mean that it can't END well.

Aside from the typical responses from Bills loyalists (Sully is an idiot, if Buffalo is so bad why does he cover the team, Sully drowns puppies...etc, etc.).....

Does anyone actually think he is incorrect? Is there any evidence to point to the contrary? I mean, Bills fans have been talking about this kind of stuff for the past 5 years, but we talked about as a method of venting frustrating, I'm not sure if any of us realized how bad of a place the Bills were actually in. At least I didn't. Not until this coaching search.

Anyways, if anyone actually disagrees with what Sully said, on a factual basis, I would love to have that argument.

I don't have a problem with what he's saying. I have a problem with the lack of percpective. That being said, he doesn't get paid to have perspective. But some of the fans of the team need it.

There are other teams in the league that are in equally bad shape, with bad owners:

1. Cleveland

2. Oakland

3. KC

4. St Louis

5. Detroit

And I refuse to believe that "nobody wants the job". There are 32 of these jobs in the entire world. Somebody wants it.

In fact, I think that any coach worth his salt would love to take on the challenge.

Obviously, not very many of the "name" coaches do, but to me that's meaningless.

A coach has to make a "name" for himself to become a "name" coach, and they become "names" by taking bad teams and turning them into good ones.

I think this situation defines some fans to a tee: They will be unhappy no matter what. If the team is losing, there will be endless complaints.

1. If the teams goes 10-6 and makes the playoffs, there will be complaining about not doing enough to put the team over the top.

2. If the team makes the AFC championship and loses, there will be complaining about how the owner isn't doing enough to make the team Super Bowl caliber.

3. If the team makes it to the Super Bowl and loses, there will be complaining about how the team is a group of "losers" because they can't win the big one.

4. If the team wins one Super Bowl but doesn't make it back within four years, there will be complaining about how the team isn't "elite"

Those on this board who were fans of the team from 1988 to 1999 will remember complaining levels 2, 3 and 4.

Enter the internet message board, and you've got complaining levels on steroids.

The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Post of the decade.

So he's right. We know he's right. Does that mean we have to be reminded every day? Does it not suck enough without Sully cackling as he pees all over Bills Nation? Never forget Jerry Sullivan loves rubbing our faces in it.

PTR

Yes, I actually like to hear it every day. I probably throw $5,000 at the Bills every year in season tickets, travel and hotels etc up there, and he's one of the only voices the fan has. At least maybe this comes across RB's desk everyday so they MAYBE are shamed into doing something better at OBD.

Keep it up Sully, you are about the only one in the Buffalo media that has a pair. Is it old? Yeah, a little. Is it deserved? Yes, a lot.

After all, god forbid the actual guy running this mess ever talk.....Russ Brandon. The Bills are a mess. Period. From top to bottom. I would love for it to change before they are gone.

Yes, I actually like to hear it every day. I probably throw $5,000 at the Bills every year in season tickets, travel and hotels etc up there, and he's one of the only voices the fan has. At least maybe this comes across RB's desk everyday so they MAYBE are shamed into doing something better at OBD.

Keep it up Sully, you are about the only one in the Buffalo media that has a pair. Is it old? Yeah, a little. Is it deserved? Yes, a lot.

After all, god forbid the actual guy running this mess ever talk.....Russ Brandon. The Bills are a mess. Period. From top to bottom. I would love for it to change before they are gone.

If you're going to throw 5k at something you don't like, that's your problem. Personally, I spend my spare money on entertainment choices that I like. I'm glad you love the team and want to support it, but remember that ultimately it's entertainment.

Sullivan's job isn't to be a cheerleader. It's to state his opinion no matter how unpopular.

If you think his negativity is a shtick, don't click on the link to his columns. The more hits he gets, the better for him & the Buffalo News. Ignore him.

In this case, he is stating the perception that others have of the Bills in the NFL. Whether we like it or not, it's out there that the Bills HC has become radioactive because of Ralph's meddling.

If you're going to throw 5k at something you don't like, that's your problem. Personally, I spend my spare money on entertainment choices that I like. I'm glad you love the team and want to support it, but remember that ultimately it's entertainment.

Who said it's something I dont' like? It's something that I don't respect how it's run anymore. I love the atmosphere, people I've met, city and all of that. But it's a shame that the games don't matter anymore after October.

I usually don't read the Sullivan rants as they are all about the same. I do agree that Wilson is the problem with the Bills. He really needs to sell the team, or at least the majority share of it. If he waits and then passes, I would guess the team goes to the highest bidder and gets moved. What a shame. I think he just can't let it go. He is the reason for our current situation.

LOL... you are officially a glutton for punishment... Bills and Mets fans unite!

LOL! I was born in '71, so between my favorite baseball and football teams combined, I've been alive for one championship. And this year's Mets are almost more of a debacle than the Bills! I'm cursed.