Cmon Buddy snatch up your old picks

They aren't going to let spoles walk. If anything, they cut LT and resign sproles.

Yes, because his 343 yards rushing yards at his $6.621M salary would certainly be irreplaceable. Bottom line is SD needs a premier #1 RB. Sproles is a scat back who's time is almost up (RB's die early; scat back/punt returners die really early) and LT's time is up. Vincent Jackson isn't going anywhere though, he's their best WR.

Yes, because his 343 yards rushing yards at his $6.621M salary would certainly be irreplaceable. Bottom line is SD needs a premier #1 RB. Sproles is a scat back who's time is almost up (RB's die early; scat back/punt returners die really early) and LT's time is up. Vincent Jackson isn't going anywhere though, he's their best WR.

They aren't going to dump two RBs. dumping one would makes sense, dumping two sounds dumb.

They aren't going to dump two RBs. dumping one would makes sense, dumping two sounds dumb.

It might sound dumb, but they don't have a ton of holes to fill (depending on how they address their FA's, of course). But Sproles has to be a more manageable salary, cap or no cap. He wasn't anywhere close to deserving of $6.6M this season, and he'll be 27 next year. They could also theoretically keep LT at the veteran minimum for depth, but I wouldn't bet on it. I'm not in the "trade Lynch" camp, but that would be a landing spot for him if there ever was one.

trade marshawn, roscoe and a 6th, then swing a sign and trade for McNeil and LT...

just a dream i know

link

I want a certain SD OT, oh ill take a LB too

For those who want Marcus McNeill, it's helpful to look at San Diego's depth chart.

Who is the starter at RT? Brandyn Dombrowski, of the Buffalo Dombrowskis. Who is the 2nd string LT, after Marcus McNeill? That would be Mr. Brandyn Dombrowski. All right, well then, who is the third string LT. Um, they don't have one.

http://www.chargers.com/team/depth-chart.html

So, hmmm, if McNeill is lost to FA, they lose their RT in a move to LT and then they don't have anybody else on the team ready to play 2nd string LT. Hmmm. Well, Dombrowski must be one of those canny old veterans, right, probably a 2nd or 3rd rounder who's been in the league for 4 or 5 years, right? Nope, he's a UDFA with two years of pro experience, and the first year he spent on the practice squad. Hmmmm.

Seriously, if you are San Diego, do you let your LT starter get away in that situation? If you're Buffalo, you do. But most better-run teams just don't.

You don't let your LT get away unless there is a very good plan already in place to replace him.

:thumbsup: good call!

now, merriman on the other hand...can most likely be had if we wanted him. and for the sake of argument, i bet vincent jackson could be had too.

Vincent Jackson is Lee Evans. If the two switched roles, Evans would be a hot commodity and Jackson would have so-so numbers.

I can definitely see us going after Vincent Jackson to replace T.O. as our "big" WR...and I can also see Shawn Merriman being our "big ticket" free agent on defense.

Maybin-Mitchell-Poz-Merriman

that sure is a nice 3-4 linebacking corps!

hahahahhahahaha!

hahahahhahahaha!

Best case scenario is Merriman. He is speaking out after the big loss rather than offering a strong statement about recovering and getting set for next year with the Chargers. He has checked out because he thinks they have him on the block. He would be a nice addition and could free up the 1st round of the draft for a LT of our own at number 9 and a DT or QB in the 2nd round.

Forget Merrimen hes more talk than anything. I would LOVE Jackson and McNeil. Wow would that be a nice setup for a young QB! That gives us the size at WR and a stable consistent LT. We could then draft a QB or a LB in the 1st.

Are they restricted or unrestricted FAs?