Leslie Frazier choice is starting to sound VERY good

Chuckknox

Wait are we talking about the NYG superbowl win? Where was this dominating passing game? If I recall it was a 3-headed running backfield, a strong OLine and a hot streak in the playoffs. And lets not kid ourselves the Giants offense didnt win that SuperBowl the DLine did. They rode that passrush to a title. Lets give the guy some credit sure but lets not make it sound like he was the reason they won it all.

Lets not overblow what a coach can do- he works within the confines of the personnel he has, including their hot and cold streaks. The problem in Buffalo is that the coaches get too much credit/blame. I think he can do the same as Jauron here if we continue to be one of the least talented teams in the league. If we add talent, he may do better

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And when Brees carves them up next week, will Frazier all of a sudden suck?

I don't think his stock should vacillate so much from week to week. Frazier's a good coaching candidate regardless of how his defense plays during the playoffs. He's well-respected around the league and most everyone expects that he'll be a head coach eventually, whether in Buffalo or elsewhere.

I don't think his stock should vacillate so much from week to week. Frazier's a good coaching candidate regardless of how his defense plays during the playoffs. He's well-respected around the league and most everyone expects that he'll be a head coach eventually, whether in Buffalo or elsewhere.

I completely agree- any coach or coordinator is only as good as his players allow him to be, compared to how the opposition matches up/executes

Absolutely! But something tells me that if Brees does a number on the Vikings D next week more than a few of the less than savvy football savants around here will miss that point entirely.

GO BILLS!!!

Did you see how Frazier used #91 Edwards out there? Considering speed and size, he could probably turn Maybin into that kind of pass rusher too.

Defensively, he called a fantastic game out there. I've been advocating for Frazier since the beginning of this season and I think he would make a great choice as HC. Let Nix give him the horses, and this D will be smashmouth.

I like many have my reservations on the Frazier choice because of the Dungy connection. It seems to me we are being force fed this whole Rooney Rule thing. Seattle never interviewed a black coach before hiring Pete Carroll. Neither did the Washington Redskins. Now that Dungy is close with Goodell it seems he is using NBC as his stage to do his preaching. It shouldn't matter what color the person is the best qualified candidate should get the position regardless of who you know. This whole because I am black I am entitled thing is crap.

Let's see, the guy is considered a great HC candidate by one of the best coaches/football minds in the game and somehow that's a negative to you? Take off the racist blinders (your last sentence is quite telling--Frazier's never said anything of the kind), please. After watching today's game against the Cowboys, where his D basically destroyed what had been considered a top 2 or 3 O in the League, please tell me you still have reservations about this guy being our coach?

Seriously, why in the world did we ever let P.W. slip away?!? Ultimately it came down to money, I suppose, but that guy was an absolute beast against the run and no slouch in the middle vs. the pass.

In his last game for the Bills, he was all over the field making solo stops against the Steelers in that Bledsoe engineered season finale 'we-had-to-win-but-got-run-over-by-Willie-Parker game'

Standard Steelers operating procedure. You don't pay big money to big people in their 30's. See Faneca, alan; Smith, Marvel and probably Hampton, Casey.

Did you see how Frazier used #91 Edwards out there? Considering speed and size, he could probably turn Maybin into that kind of pass rusher too.

Defensively, he called a fantastic game out there. I've been advocating for Frazier since the beginning of this season and I think he would make a great choice as HC. Let Nix give him the horses, and this D will be smashmouth.

You left out ability to make plays- something we know Maybin doesn't have. I cringed when we drafted him. We arent having much luck with Big-10 defenders.....

The key is what kind of OC he brings. If he gets an experienced one with a good track record, this could work out well.
People will tell you "anyone can win/look good with the players that they have".

This is very true... Frazier would be a great selection if Nix can conduct a couple sound drafts and if Guy either gets fired or gets his head out of his a$$ with Pro-personnel... I like Grimm and Frazier, was not a fan of Ron Rivera.. Not so high on GArrett.. The reason why I favor Grimm a little is bc he more than likely would be a 3-4 guy on Defense and I think with our younger players in place a 3-4 sets up nicely if we bring in another Mike... Poz can play will like in college and Maybin can play Sam.. How about this... Poz,McClain,Mitchell,Maybin..

I will leave you with this.. We need a Quarterback fellas..

People will tell you "anyone can win/look good with the players that they have".

This is very true... Frazier would be a great selection if Nix can conduct a couple sound drafts and if Guy either gets fired or gets his head out of his a$$ with Pro-personnel... I like Grimm and Frazier, was not a fan of Ron Rivera.. Not so high on GArrett.. The reason why I favor Grimm a little is bc he more than likely would be a 3-4 guy on Defense and I think with our younger players in place a 3-4 sets up nicely if we bring in another Mike... Poz can play will like in college and Maybin can play Sam.. How about this... Poz,McClain,Mitchell,Maybin..

I will leave you with this.. We need a Quarterback fellas..

I agree partially with the first statement, but good coordinators need to put the good players in the right positions and good position coaches need to enforce good techniqie

We have had QB's, but they get knocked around.

We need a defensive line to protect the LBs as well

Not to mention it is time to realize that we ARE NOT a couple players away- the core of our team is built for mediocrity and that is the biggest reason for our mediocre record. Nix and our new coach needs to evaluate what players we can get value for and we need to accumulate as many draft picks as we can. For the record we have put up over the last 10 years, we have nobody that is indispensible, regardless of how many fans think so. We need to blow this team up and start over.

Glad the Vikings won. We get a chance to see Frazier's scheme against Brees. He caught a big break today when Flozell adams went out, because Jarrett Allen was completely smothered when Adams was opposite him.

Vikes were still getting pressure especially from their other DE