Mike Leach

spartacus

the stars have aligned for the Bills to make Mike Leach their next HC

at least his press conferences would be worthwhile

please just give the leach thing a rest - i'd rather have dj back than leach - and i'd rather go to an all night dentist before having dj back. hope that puts it in perspective.

I don't think high paid NFL palyers would go for Leach's style. He uses humiliation to teach lessons and that works in college but not at a level where guys are paid millions and are used to getting coddled to a degree.

Come on, EssEff ...one incident - ONE - in a 23-year coaching career, and so far it's still just an allegation, and you're branding Leach a tyrant? :thumbsup:

Sure, Leach's methods may be a bit 'unusual'...

Discipline, Mike Leach style: Cruel, unusual and hilarious

but The Captain's methods don't even approach those of Alabama's legendary Paul 'Bear' Bryant...

'In 1954, entering his first season as Texas A&M's coach, Bryant held a 10-day summer training camp in Junction, Texas.

With Bryant weeding supposedly weak players from the strong by prohibiting water breaks in 100-plus-degree heat, the two dozen to three dozen players who didn't quit became known as the Junction Boys in Aggie lore.

If there was a line football coaches weren't supposed to cross, no one dared voice it in those days.'

link- Dallas Morning News: Leach enters Woody Hayes' league as attitudes shift, scrutiny grows

Anyway, it's absolutely ridiculous to think that Leach - who does hold a masters degree in sports science/coaching - would be so narrow as to use the same motivational techniques on an NFL pro athlete that he uses on his Texas Tech boys.

It may be time for The Captain to augment his fascination with pirates and Geronimo with something new - maybe a certain frontiersman and wild west showman named Bill Cody?

Come on, EssEff ...one incident - ONE - in a 23-year coaching career, and so far it's still just an allegation, and you're branding Leach a tyrant? :thumbsup:

Can you twist statements and side step the issue any better?

SF Bills fan did NOT call Leach a "tryant". He said Leach uses "humiliation" techinques ...

Sure, Leach's methods may be a bit 'unusual'...

Discipline, Mike Leach style: Cruel, unusual and hilarious

... which you prove Leach does by the above link. Good job proving SF Bills fan right.

but The Captain's methods don't even approach those of Alabama's legendary Paul 'Bear' Bryant...

'In 1954, entering his first season as Texas A&M's coach, Bryant held a 10-day summer training camp in Junction, Texas.

With Bryant weeding supposedly weak players from the strong by prohibiting water breaks in 100-plus-degree heat, the two dozen to three dozen players who didn't quit became known as the Junction Boys in Aggie lore.

If there was a line football coaches weren't supposed to cross, no one dared voice it in those days.'

link- Dallas Morning News: Leach enters Woody Hayes' league as attitudes shift, scrutiny grows

Nice job. The Dallas News story is about Leach's inability to adjust his techniques to conform to newer attitudes regarding discipline and motivation.

Anyway, it's absolutely ridiculous to think that Leach - who does hold a masters degree in sports science/coaching - would be so narrow as to use the same motivational techniques on an NFL pro athlete that he uses on his Texas Tech boys.

Actually, it is pretty safe to assume he will use the same motivational techniques at the NFL level.

He's egotistical and arrogant, and his "ways" have been successful. He continued using the same techniques even though attitudes shifted regarding those techniques. Instead of realizing he may have stepped over the line, he lashed out.

SF Bills fan did NOT call Leach a "tryant". He said Leach uses "humiliation" techinques ...

... which you prove Leach does by the above link. Good job proving SF Bills fan right.

Nice job. The Dallas News story is about Leach's inability to adjust his techniques to conform to newer attitudes regarding discipline and motivation.

Actually, it is pretty safe to assume he will use the same motivational techniques at the NFL level.

He's egotistical and arrogant, and his "ways" have been successful. He continued using the same techniques even though attitudes shifted regarding those techniques. Instead of realizing he may have stepped over the line, he lashed out.

OR, maybe Adam James is just an entitled little prick who took the wind out of TTs sails for the next who knows who long, and his father is a creep and an ahole.

Hmm, maybe thats it.

Leach was a winner and his players graduated every time, that is huge.

That said he is not a fit for HC as the Bills

OR, maybe Adam James is just an entitled little prick who took the wind out of TTs sails for the next who knows who long, and his father is a creep and an ahole.

And Leach got into a power struggle with the "entitled little prick" and lost.

If Leach was half the "person" his defenders keep trying to make him out to be, TT does NOT cut him loose.

And in case you haven't heard, Texas Tech recently hired Tommy Tuberville to be their new head coach.

If Tubby comes close to matching Leach's success, in a couple of years, Red Raider fans will care less about Leach.

I was never trying to say EssEff was 'wrong', so I'm not quite clear on how I 'proved him right'.

I was just stating that one ALLEGED case of abusing/humiliating a player over the course of a 23-year coaching career does not justify a generalization that Leach uses 'humiliation techniques'. Not sure exactly what your problem is, or who stole the jam from your donut, but didn't really think equating 'humiliation techniques' with 'tyranny' was that far of a reach and, since SF Fan didn't object, I guess he didn't either.

BTW, exactly what issue did I "side step"? :unsure:

The DN story was not about Leach's inability to adjust his coaching techniques. Not at all. Read it again. If that doesn't work, read it 3 or 4 more times. If that still doesn't work, there are reading comprehension clinics that may be able to help you. Briefly, the DN article was about a quantum shift in society's attitude toward and acceptance of the 'old school', military-type discipline methods of legendary coaches such as Bear Bryant, Woody Hayes, et al, and how Leach, Mangino, and others have fallen victim to that change.

PM me for a list of reading comprehension centers in your area.

Nice attempt at 'dumbest statement ever made on TSW'!!! LMFAO!!!!! :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

You're actually insisting that it's "safe to assume he will use the same motivational techniques at the NFL level", i.e., that he'll use the same methods on millionaire pro athletes that he uses on a teenager??? :wallbash::lol:

Besides being a ridiculously stupid notion, it would indicate your belief that, despite his masters degree in sports science/coaching and his law degree, Leach is completely unaware of the existence of an organization known as the NFLPA.

And Leach got into a power struggle with the "entitled little prick" and lost.

If Leach was half the "person" his defenders keep trying to make him out to be, TT does NOT cut him loose.

And in case you haven't heard, Texas Tech recently hired Tommy Tuberville to be their new head coach.

If Tubby comes close to matching Leach's success, in a couple of years, Red Raider fans will care less about Leach.

No. Absolutely wrong.

Leach got into a 'power stuggle' with TT admin (i.e., AD Gerald Myers, Pres. Guy Bailey, Chancellor Kent Hance, et al) - NOT with Adam James.

link - A detailed look at the Leach lawsuit

As to who won and who lost, I believe the first preliminary hearing to decide that will take place on Wednesday.

As for Tuberville, Leach put TT in a great position to win the Big 12 title this coming season - possibly even a BCS contender - so Tommy's got some big expectations staring him in the face. The real measure of Tuberville will be 3-4 years down the pike, when his own recruits and coaching staff will be fully responsible and accountable for the success or failure of TT's program.

Of course, by then Leach and his offensive prowess will be the talk of either the PAC 10 or the NFL, whichever route he chooses to continue his meteoric rise through the coaching ranks.

• 2 weeks later...
Has ever in sports history such a high visibility figure slipped into obscurity/oblivion faster than Mike Leach?

There is zero outrage over that clown's firing.

Is that the 'new math' they teach at Provincetown CSD? 60,000 = zero??? :lol:

Sounds like 'fuzzy math' to me.

You may call it "zero outrage", but 60,000 members-strong (and growing 'virally') Team Leach (link) would disagree...

Team Leach: Hoisting the Sails, Techsans for Truth

Apparently, even ESPN isn't very proud of being used as a pawn in Craig and Adam James personal vendetta against Leach...

Mike Leach story highlights importance of journalism ethics

ESPN Ombudsman Responds to James-Leach Saga and Eviscerates Mike Patrick

As for "obscurity/oblivion", a quick google search would have kept you making yet another in your endless litany of senseless statements. The Leach case is in court-ordered mediation - meanwhile, Texas Tech's own attorneys are providing fuel for another lawsuit against the James family, once Tech settles with Leach...

Tech filings reveal lawsuit threatTech filings reveal lawsuit threat

Texas Tech attorney says Craig James threatened to sue over now-fired coach's treatment of son

In the meantime, Leach has moved to Key West, and is chillin' with Jimmy Johnson, Terry Bradshaw, et al at Johnson's new bar, Jimmy's Big Chill...

Leach moves to Key West to recharge

Chillin' at Jimmy's Place - "Hey Craig- think I'd rather be coaching your son's dumb ass than doin' this? Yeah, right!"

...no doubt thanking the James family for the vacation, the impending huge settlement, and getting him out of his 5-year contract after one year so he can resume coaching at a better venue in 2011 or 2012. There's talk of Maryland, possibly even the Oakland Raiders - or you might see him on FOX with his pals Johnson and Bradshaw.

One place your sure to see him is the cover of Lubbock's 2010 Yellow Pages - Texas Tech AD,Gerald Myer, President Gus Bailey, and Chancellor Kent Hance need to look up a phone #, there he'll be...

Ex-Texas Tech coach Leach on cover of Lubbock Yellow Pages

...with a full-page ad for his attorney, Ted Liggett, gracing the back cover! (No doubt Hance and Bailey have issued a campus-wide order to all students, faculty, and staff that all directories be banned - or at least have both covers removed, under penalty of expulsion or termination. :( )

Is that the 'new math' they teach at Provincetown CSD? 60,000 = zero??? :lol:

Sounds like 'fuzzy math' to me.

You may call it "zero outrage", but 60,000 members-strong (and growing 'virally') Team Leach (link) would disagree...

Team Leach: Hoisting the Sails, Techsans for Truth

Apparently, even ESPN isn't very proud of being used as a pawn in Craig and Adam James personal vendetta against Leach...

Mike Leach story highlights importance of journalism ethics

ESPN Ombudsman Responds to James-Leach Saga and Eviscerates Mike Patrick

As for "obscurity/oblivion", a quick google search would have kept you making yet another in your endless litany of senseless statements. The Leach case is in court-ordered mediation - meanwhile, Texas Tech's own attorneys are providing fuel for another lawsuit against the James family, once Tech settles with Leach. In the meantime, Leach has moved to Key West, and is chillin' with Jimmy Johnson, Terry Bradshaw, et al at Johnson's new bar, Jimmy's Big Chill...

Leach moves to Key West to recharge

Chillin' at Jimmy's Place - "Hey Craig- think I'd rather be coaching your son's dumb ass than doin' this? Yeah, right!"

...no doubt thanking the James family for the vacation, the impending huge settlement, and getting him out of his 5-year contract after one year so he can resume coaching at a better venue in 2011 or 2012. There's talk of Maryland, possibly even the Oakland Raiders - or you might see him on FOX with his pals Johnson and Bradshaw.

One place your sure to see him is the cover of Lubbock's 2010 Yellow Pages - Texas Tech AD,Gerald Myer, President Gus Bailey, and Chancellor Kent Hance need to llok up a phone #, there he'll be...

Ex-Texas Tech coach Leach on cover of Lubbock Yellow Pages

...with a full-page ad for his attorney, Ted Liggett, gracing the back cover! (No doubt Hance and Bailey have issued a campus-wide order to all students, faculty, and staff that all directories be banned - or at least have both covers - removed, under penalty of expulsion or termination. :( )

I'm sorry, but I'm going to need for you to make a stronger argument. More proof please