No reason to draft a LT

Albany,n.y.

The guy slipped lower than expected in the draft and then GB put him on the practice squad. I believe all along he was brought in to be the LT next season. The guy showed a lot of promise this year, even though he came in late and was just thrown in there with very few reps in practice. Just look at what he did in the last game playing LT. The Bills don't need an upgrade, just let him come to camp & compete with Bell. We can concentrate on other positions in the draft. :devil:

What if he is not the answer? What if he gets injured? Go back to Jonathan Scott? Are you willing to bet another year on that? Ralph Wilson at 91 years old does not have too many betting hands before his time runs out.

YOU CAN SAY THAT FOR ANY POSITION; insert player's name ______________. THAT'S WHY THE BEST MAN WINS-OUT FOR DEPTH. DUH.

Anyone who thinks Jamon Meredith is an up and coming talent should remember this:

GB surrendered 50 sacks this season and he wasn't good enough to make their active roster.

The Packers were particularly bad at OT, with two thirty somethings Chad Clifton and Mark Tauscher.

Anyone who thinks Jamon Meredith is an up and coming talent should remember this:

GB surrendered 50 sacks this season and he wasn't good enough to make their active roster.

The Packers were particularly bad at OT, with two thirty somethings Chad Clifton and Mark Tauscher.

That has no bearing on Meredith necessarily. It's called trade-offs. When you have two old guys who suck but are experienced and one rookie with little experience and possibly raw and not necessarily ready for the NFL, you have exactly two stopgaps and a guy with promise. A team will try to hold the fort down while they groom someone. Obviously, they didn't think he was ready this year but had enough hope and saw promise to put on the PS, which is what the PS is for.

I'm not saying he's the answer, I'm saying the logic used to say he sucks is, like many reponses on this board, seriously flawed.

That has no bearing on Meredith necessarily. It's called trade-offs. When you have two old guys who suck but are experienced and one rookie with little experience and possibly raw and not necessarily ready for the NFL, you have exactly two stopgaps and a guy with promise. A team will try to hold the fort down while they groom someone. Obviously, they didn't think he was ready this year but had enough hope and saw promise to put on the PS, which is what the PS is for.

I'm not saying he's the answer, I'm saying the logic used to say he sucks is, like many reponses on this board, seriously flawed.

Green Bay did not balk when Buffalo came calling. They allowed him out the door, in contrast to their reaction when Buffalo raided their PS for Brian Brohm. In the latter instance, at least GB offered a 2 year contract.

Look, each team in the NFL has a reputation for how they handle personnel. I believe GB is pretty good, and simply letting a first year guy walk away is extremely telling. He may be decent, but from what I saw at the games this year, he's another project type guy (along with Bell) who isn't/wasn't ready to be a full time starter.

Green Bay did not balk when Buffalo came calling. They allowed him out the door, in contrast to their reaction when Buffalo raided their PS for Brian Brohm. In the latter instance, at least GB offered a 2 year contract.

Look, each team in the NFL has a reputation for how they handle personnel. I believe GB is pretty good, and simply letting a first year guy walk away is extremely telling. He may be decent, but from what I saw at the games this year, he's another project type guy (along with Bell) who isn't/wasn't ready to be a full time starter.

Exactly.

Fred Jackson spent years in the Arena league, NFL Europe and our PS before getting a chance and making an impact...

I hear what you are saying, and you have a good point. But the guy played decently all things considered and while we shouldn't bank on him for next year, we shouldn't write him off either.

Fred Jackson spent years in the Arena league, NFL Europe and our PS before getting a chance and making an impact...

I hear what you are saying, and you have a good point. But the guy played decently all things considered and while we shouldn't bank on him for next year, we shouldn't write him off either.

There are several examples of UDFA RB's being successful in the NFL. Jackson, Willie Parker, Priest Holmes, and others are just a few. There aren't nearly the amount who go from UDFA or PS to being a top NFL LT.

No, I don't want to write him off, but it's much easier to find a RB than it is a LT. The probability he'll lock down either side for the long haul is not as great as people think. I trust GB's front office a whole lot more than I do Buffalo's.

Guest dog14787
The guy slipped lower than expected in the draft and then GB put him on the practice squad. I believe all along he was brought in to be the LT next season. The guy showed a lot of promise this year, even though he came in late and was just thrown in there with very few reps in practice. Just look at what he did in the last game playing LT. The Bills don't need an upgrade, just let him come to camp & compete with Bell. We can concentrate on other positions in the draft. :unsure:

Hard to gauge anything in snowy weather in my opinion.

How do you know that the Packers made no attempt to keep Meredith, like they did with Brohm? And are you saying the Packers are infallible when it comes to evaluating players (much less a rookie)? Like DB Chris Johnson, a 3rd rounder in 2003 who is a good starting CB for the Raiders?

The guy slipped lower than expected in the draft and then GB put him on the practice squad. I believe all along he was brought in to be the LT next season. The guy showed a lot of promise this year, even though he came in late and was just thrown in there with very few reps in practice. Just look at what he did in the last game playing LT. The Bills don't need an upgrade, just let him come to camp & compete with Bell. We can concentrate on other positions in the draft. :unsure:

I didn't see that in the games, at least not against starters. It was a tough situation and I agree that he has potential.

I still want to draft a tackle early in the draft.

How do you know that the Packers made no attempt to keep Meredith, like they did with Brohm? And are you saying the Packers are infallible when it comes to evaluating players (much less a rookie)? Like DB Chris Johnson, a 3rd rounder in 2003 who is a good starting CB for the Raiders?

I wish the Packers would cast off a couple out of their loaded LB group so we could get them too. :unsure:

This is an important point for a team that is trying to position itself as a farm team for the rest of the league, which is a needed service now that the Arena and Europe leagues are defunct. Spend 3 or 4 years getting guys like Meredith and Maybin ready (or not) to be NFL caliber players and just in time for free agency.

This is an important point for a team that is trying to position itself as a farm team for the rest of the league, which is a needed service now that the Arena and Europe leagues are defunct. Spend 3 or 4 years getting guys like Meredith and Maybin ready (or not) to be NFL caliber players and just in time for free agency.

Good point. Teams with good starters can afford to bring in guys who are projects. Apparently, the Bills do not realize that they are not among this group. The only question is it denial or deception?