Is anybody else really sick of the negativity and inferiority complex?

i'm tired about hearing buffalo sucks, we won't get a good coach, and so on, not only here but on the radio and TV. especially WGR, I can't listen to that station anymore, its almost like they broadcast from new england and talk about the sabres occasionally to cover it up.

It might be the worst sports station in the country.

I would get carpal tunnel listing the reasons.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Inferiority complex?

The Bills have become the Raiders.

A losing dysfunctional franchise with an old stubborn meddling owner that no one wants to work for.

That's not an inferiority complex.

That's reality.

Exacxtly. Some people choose to see reality. Some people choose to be naive and think the football fairy will show up and suddenly transform the Bills into a competitive NFL franchise.

It makes absolutely no difference who the next HC is if Ralph is not committing to bringing in good talent evaluators and paying the money required to find the good players they recommend. Don't hold your breath. But maybe if all you Positive Patties pray hard enough, things will be better next year.

Exacxtly. Some people choose to see reality. Some people choose to be naive and think the football fairy will show up and suddenly transform the Bills into a competitive NFL franchise.

It makes absolutely no difference who the next HC is if Ralph is not committing to bringing in good talent evaluators and paying the money required to find the good players they recommend. Don't hold your breath. But maybe if all you Positive Patties pray hard enough, things will be better next year.

and now you know why Dick kept repeating "It's tough to win in the NFL"

Please just stop with all the negativity and angst. The right candidate willbe hired and we will get better. It's the nature of the world for things to rise and fall. Relax and enjoy the ride.

Whatever dude, Its nice to be a wishful thinker though, your setting your self up for disappointment! Keep buying those tickets and filling Ralphs pockets with your hard earned money...........GO SABRES!!!!!!!!!!

Please just stop with all the negativity and angst. The right candidate willbe hired and we will get better. It's the nature of the world for things to rise and fall. Relax and enjoy the ride.

I've been hearing that tired refrain for about ten years now.

Yup, count me as one who is amazed by the depth of the inferiority complex. It's very sad. Every single shred of news, every little rumor is interpreted as a slight. It's unrelenting.

Maybe being away from WNY allows us to step outside the bubble and see how sad this is. It's like a dark cloud hanging over WNY.

By far to me, the most embarrassing part of the coaching search has been the fan reaction. I hope outsiders or coaching prospects aren't reading some of the crap on here!

Yup I agree.

The cummulative negativity and ire you see has been planted and hatched from the actions of a deranged and senile owner. Born of frustration and nurtured through ineptitude, we are witnessing a perfect storm of rage. This anger, only further fueled by a depressed economy is yielding the negativity and inferiority complex we are witnessing. Epic and fantastic - to be appreciated by any student of man kind. Trying to stop this would be akin to trying to stop the tide from coming in or going out.

i'm tired about hearing buffalo sucks, we won't get a good coach, and so on, not only here but on the radio and TV. especially WGR, I can't listen to that station anymore, its almost like they broadcast from new england and talk about the sabres occasionally to cover it up.

Buffalo doesnt suck..its a cool town with some great people.The Bills suck.

That being said people are getting silly over this coaching thing.

i used to be the biggest freaking homer in the world when it came to this team...ralph has drummed it out of me one one horrible decision at a time. the post donohoe years have put me over the edge. he's killed the bills. we'll always suck while he's alive, and we'll disappear when he's dead. unless lightning strikes (we can still hope for this, but not much more), the fun is over for good. thanks ralph. f you and i'll see you in hell.

i used to be the biggest freaking homer in the world when it came to this team...ralph has drummed it out of me one one horrible decision at a time. the post donohoe years have put me over the edge. he's killed the bills. we'll always suck while he's alive, and we'll disappear when he's dead. unless lightning strikes (we can still hope for this, but not much more), the fun is over for good. thanks ralph. f you and i'll see you in hell.

you are correct

but even with latest clusterfudge, the bills will still set season ticket sales records based on a new name or title

Whatever dude, Its nice to be a wishful thinker though, your setting your self up for disappointment! Keep buying those tickets and filling Ralphs pockets with your hard earned money...........GO SABRES!!!!!!!!!!

I don't get disappointed anymore because I dont get my hopes up anymore. It's casual entertainment for me. I have way more fun doing other stuff with my family and friends. Like today, sausage making is my focus and a vintner's meeting before the chargers game.

I agree. Lots of angry people on here.

You are wrong for the most part. There is nothing wrong with being dissatisfied with the direction of a professional sports team. They are paid handsomely to put an entertaining and winning team on the field. But the negativity related to things outside of the fact that the Bills ORGANIZATION is not well regarded is unnecessary.

The weather, the lack of wealth relative to other markets.....that stuff is not really the issue. If this were an organization with any winning components in place the job would be very desirable. Russ Brandon, Buddy Nix, Tom Modrak, John Guy.....these guys do not inspire confidence. No QB. A bad offensive line. Add in the very old, meddlesome, mercurial, unsuccessful owner and that seals the deal.

Being irrational about the track record and direction the Bills are going in isn't going to make things any different. From what I've seen it just leads to pent up anger that is released in a crazy fashion at some certain point. If the truth hurts you to hear it, then just do something else. Don't come to TBD....how hard is that?

Get PERSPECTIVE. First off, it's just a HOBBY. Second, the team hasn't been to the playoffs in 10 years. So yes, they suck and don't deserve the benefit of the doubt. Does that opinion make me or others of like mind with regard to the Bills miserable? Not even close, it's just my feeling about one hobby of many, that in sum total are still just a tiny portion of my everyday life. I often think the people on TBD who can't tolerate the truth about the Bills are just WAY to involved.

I don't get disappointed anymore because I dont get my hopes up anymore. It's casual entertainment for me. I have way more fun doing other stuff with my family and friends. Like today, sausage making is my focus and a vintner's meeting before the chargers game.

and you've posed 7785 coments regarding "casual entertainment". Keep telling yourself that. Most everyone on this board loves the Bills and wishes things would be different. Some people are frustrated and unneccessarily negative. Some are realistic and realize that the ownership and front office situation at OBD will cause the decades of patheticness to continue and then there is the Rose Colored glasses crew (aka Head in the Sand Crew) who keeps saying "whats with the negativity, we are going to hire an awesome coach and next year is the year". I am in the realist group. I love the team and hope for the best, but I realize that I will inevitably be disappointed next year and the year after that and so on. I just hate when people come on here and tell others how they should feel or what they should say. This board is for discussion. I enjoy the different viewpoints. Would it really be any fun to come on here if everyone agreed and everything was all sweet and rosey ?

GO BILLS.