Is anybody else really sick of the negativity and inferiority complex?

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please just stop with all the negativity and angst. The right candidate willbe hired and we will get better. It's the nature of the world for things to rise and fall. Relax and enjoy the ride.

The glass is half full. I can get behind that. Excuse me while I get another drink. :thumbsup:

Bull chit. It's awful in PA, it's worse in Buffalo. Give me San Diego or LA any day.

give me 4 seasons any time...i especially want buffalo's summer, compared to the central pa hotslop summers we live with.

the weather is great-- i live right down the road from you! just got done with a nice 30 minute run with shorts and a longsleeve tshirt. in january! that's living. san diego would just give me melanoma.

Please just stop with all the negativity and angst. The right candidate willbe hired and we will get better. It's the nature of the world for things to rise and fall. Relax and enjoy the ride.

Have you been in a coma for the past decade? Gee why all the negativity? Your post is a freaking joke dude. Enjoy the Ride? More like a train wreck. You are living in a dream world, once you come back to reality you will understand the negativity. Ralph has doomed this franchise, it is the biggest joke in the NFL and if you can't see that, you are just as much of a joke yourself.

look at the picture of Grimm. all tanned, rested and ready. he ain't coming to the snowy, depressing pit of WNY. I'm sure his friend mularky told him to stay away as well... remember, these guys have to bring their families and actually LIVE in buffalo... not the most attractive prospect to someone not from the area..

Wake up man. The weather has nothing to do with Grimm not wanting to come here. The weather inside One Bills Drive is why Grimm, Shanahan, Cowher, Schottenheimer, Harbaugh and anyone else that has anything to do with the NFL doesn't want to come here. We might as well bring Jauron back, because he wanted to be here, and nobody else that Ralph "The Franchise Ruiner" brings in is going to make any difference anyway.

You are wrong for the most part. There is nothing wrong with being dissatisfied with the direction of a professional sports team. They are paid handsomely to put an entertaining and winning team on the field. But the negativity related to things outside of the fact that the Bills ORGANIZATION is not well regarded is unnecessary.

The weather, the lack of wealth relative to other markets.....that stuff is not really the issue. If this were an organization with any winning components in place the job would be very desirable. Russ Brandon, Buddy Nix, Tom Modrak, John Guy.....these guys do not inspire confidence. No QB. A bad offensive line. Add in the very old, meddlesome, mercurial, unsuccessful owner and that seals the deal.

Being irrational about the track record and direction the Bills are going in isn't going to make things any different. From what I've seen it just leads to pent up anger that is released in a crazy fashion at some certain point. If the truth hurts you to hear it, then just do something else. Don't come to TBD....how hard is that?

Get PERSPECTIVE. First off, it's just a HOBBY. Second, the team hasn't been to the playoffs in 10 years. So yes, they suck and don't deserve the benefit of the doubt. Does that opinion make me or others of like mind with regard to the Bills miserable? Not even close, it's just my feeling about one hobby of many, that in sum total are still just a tiny portion of my everyday life. I often think the people on TBD who can't tolerate the truth about the Bills are just WAY to involved.

No I'm not wrong because it's my opinion. You may disagree with me but I am not wrong. The inferiority complex of the Buffalo area newspapers, TV, people bother me. Someone politely turns down the interview the city falls apart. This is my OPINION! Everyone has one and is entitled to one just like you are. But I am not wrong for having my opinion.

Exacxtly. Some people choose to see reality. Some people choose to be naive and think the football fairy will show up and suddenly transform the Bills into a competitive NFL franchise.

Yep. The reality is the team and franchise sucks. The future is wildly uncertain due to the ownership and where chips fall once Ralph passes.

Enjoy the ride?!? Yeah, it's been a barrell of laughs and good times. I must be a bad, bad fan. ;)

Give me a break. This situation is an utter mess. Who's kidding who?

Have you been in a coma for the past decade? Gee why all the negativity? Your post is a freaking joke dude. Enjoy the Ride? More like a train wreck. You are living in a dream world, once you come back to reality you will understand the negativity. Ralph has doomed this franchise, it is the biggest joke in the NFL and if you can't see that, you are just as much of a joke yourself.

So your a glass half empty guy then?

No I'm not wrong because it's my opinion. You may disagree with me but I am not wrong. The inferiority complex of the Buffalo area newspapers, TV, people bother me. Someone politely turns down the interview the city falls apart. This is my OPINION! Everyone has one and is entitled to one just like you are. But I am not wrong for having my opinion.

I agree. The angry,inferiority thing around here is curious to me. I've never really understood it,I've just come to accept it. The Raiders,who I also follow,are a much bigger mess,imo. But I know many around here would never believe it. I try not to argue about it any more,it's no use.

I've been a Bills fan for a long time - I was about 12 and at the game when we lost to KC prior to the 1st Super Bowl. It does seem that no matter what events occur the 'nobody circles the wagons' Bills fans have turned a little negative.

As I've read this board over the past year it's been mildly amusing to see Jauron criticized for his laid back style - and now seeing how important that 'fire in the eyes' is --- as exemplified by the dynamic quartet of Phillips, Childress, Turner, and Caldwell in the playoffs.

Also found it somewhat ironic that our 'terrible' coaching staff has been picked up by recent Super Bowl participants NY (Fewell) Phily (April) and Pittsburgh (Kugler) and not by the league bottom dwellers. What did those teams see that we didn't?

It's tough to win in the NFL, so 7-9 and 6-10 (or whatever we were this year) wasn't very good but it wasn't Detroit or St. Louis poor - so I'm eternally optimistic.

If the Bills continue with their mediocrity there's this additional benefit - after 5 or 6 games, you get to get on with your life - until next year!

In case you can't tell, this is my first post.

I've been a Bills fan for a long time - I was about 12 and at the game when we lost to KC prior to the 1st Super Bowl. It does seem that no matter what events occur the 'nobody circles the wagons' Bills fans have turned a little negative.

As I've read this board over the past year it's been mildly amusing to see Jauron criticized for his laid back style - and now seeing how important that 'fire in the eyes' is --- as exemplified by the dynamic quartet of Phillips, Childress, Turner, and Caldwell in the playoffs.

Also found it somewhat ironic that our 'terrible' coaching staff has been picked up by recent Super Bowl participants NY (Fewell) Phily (April) and Pittsburgh (Kugler) and not by the league bottom dwellers. What did those teams see that we didn't?

It's tough to win in the NFL, so 7-9 and 6-10 (or whatever we were this year) wasn't very good but it wasn't Detroit or St. Louis poor - so I'm eternally optimistic.

If the Bills continue with their mediocrity there's this additional benefit - after 5 or 6 games, you get to get on with your life - until next year!

First post huh? Welcome bro! There's a lot of negativity around here but there's also a lot of real cool people. And it really is a great source of news and info concerning the Bills. Enjoy yourself and don't let the haters bring you down!

Glad to see some better posts instead of the same pessimistic, boring, self humiliation threads. The Bills will find a coach and the coach will WANT to be here. Instead of saying what is wrong with the franchise why not say "to heck with him" whoever turned us down. Seems to me there were a lot of openings last year that Grimm and B Schotty did not get. Ditka, J Johnson, and Joe Gibbs all did so well coming back and taking over a team the second time.

Quit all the Bills suck/Ralph sucks nobody wants to come here junk.......we want people who WANT to be in Buffalo because it is worth being here and a great NFL city and team. Why is it a good job?

Good young talent with arguably best secondary in the league. Very good skill players and great young OL interior talent. Great fan base and city that absolutely loves the franchise. Competitive in EVERY game but 2 this year (winning/tied or within a score in 4th quarter). NOT far off at all from being a winning team this year the years before, etc.... and beat teams in the AFC East who are just minimally better than the Bills. I know people will contest that last statement but if the Jets and Dolphins are so much better than the Bills why did the Bills beat both of them? Bills gave a game to the Pats and were a score away in the other one.

The league is so close you have a chance EVERY year to succeed. We now have a football personnel guy as GM who has a history of GREAT drafting.

A young coach wanting to make a name for himself will find an outstanding opportunity here.

Quit the Ralph meddles too much as well.......D Snyder, J Jones don't get involved in their franchises? That is NOT why Shanahan stayed away from the Bills.

Cowher does not guarantee anything if he comes here (he is NOT) and neither did Grimm or Schottenheimer. Look around the league and see very un-sexy hires doing VERY well than the same re-cycled old guard. Harbaugh, Sparano, Caldwell, R Ryan, M Tomlin. All were very unpopular picks and then they actually started to play games!

Welcome aboard.