Grimm

Nevergiveup

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry. Meant it would not be a surprise.

He initially declined and then changed his mind. I have not seen any reports today indicating that he changed his mind again.

You might be thinking of Brian Schottenheimer, he declined to interview yesterday.

Heard he decided not to interview with the Bills. Not completely 100% sure. I guess it would be be a surprise.

I apologize in advance if I am wrong or if it has already been reported somewhere.

I'd still like to see someone who has previous SUCCESSFUL head coaching experience leading the Bills. Could be someone who coached in the college ranls and has moved up to the pros as an assistant.

Sorry. Meant it would not be a surprise.

At least he's not saying its' because he is in love with Weisenhunt and Phoenix, if its' true. Funny, I don't remember Grimm even being an OC in the NFL? It really seems to me that these assistant coaches who have never been hired as head coaches in the NFL, should be taking every single interview they are invited to. If nothing else, it will help then gain exerience with the interviewing process. They can always turn down the job if it is offered to them. At least then they can be more prepared for their next interview, and they would have given the team inviting them to interview the respect they deserve.

At least he's not saying its' because he is in love with Weisenhunt and Phoenix, if its' true. Funny, I don't remember Grimm even being an OC in the NFL? It really seems to me that these assistant coaches who have never been hired as head coaches in the NFL, should be taking every single interview they are invited to. If nothing else, it will help then gain exerience with the interviewing process. They can always turn down the job if it is offered to them. At least then they can be more prepared for their next interview, and they would have given the team inviting them to interview the respect they deserve.

I completely agree. Sorry I don't have a link. It was info I thought I would pass along. I don't think he would be a good fit, but would still prefer that he at least takes the interview.

I completely agree. Sorry I don't have a link. It was info I thought I would pass along. I don't think he would be a good fit, but would still prefer that he at least takes the interview.

This may have something to do with Mularkey and his agent. He's also Grimm's agent and I'm sure they have spoken about Mr. Wilson.

PTR

Heard he decided not to interview with the Bills. Not completely 100% sure. I guess it would be be a surprise.

I apologize in advance if I am wrong or if it has already been reported somewhere.

Anyone starting a thread with the words "I heard..." without providing a link or even attribution of any kind should be banned.

This may have something to do with Mularkey and his agent. He's also Grimm's agent and I'm sure they have spoken about Mr. Wilson.

PTR

But Mr. Wilson is loved and respected in the NFL. Surely Mularkey, Williams, Butler, AJ Smith, Donahoe, etal are wrong. :worthy:

Two months into a coaching search and only one legit candidate has had an interview? :worthy:

There's no way to explain how bad this is becoming, and the homers will say not to worry, but there aren't any other teams in the NFL searching for a HC. Perhaps Oakland tomorrow, but if Grimm declines, that guarantees that things are very bad.

Two months into a coaching search and only one legit candidate has had an interview? :worthy:

There's no way to explain how bad this is becoming, and the homers will say not to worry, but there aren't any other teams in the NFL searching for a HC. Perhaps Oakland tomorrow, but if Grimm declines, that guarantees that things are very bad.

Yeah the homers will make every friggin excuse in the world because by God after sucking for over 40 out of 50 years we are finally going to get it right!

Just hire Frazier for !@#$s sakes. I want Grimm, think he would be a leader but I don't think he wants to come here. Does Frazier even want to come here? In another 3 weeks if we don't have more progress we should probably just beg Dick Jauron to come back to us. Or a better option with gauranteed more success would be the Bills to hold a TBD lottery and one of us get the job. I bet i could take our sorry excuse of a team and coach them to a 4-12 to 7-9 team.

Cowher has interviewed, as has Shanahan. I suspect that Harbaugh has as well, but decided that Stanford was a pretty good gig (which it is).

I'd still like to see someone who has previous SUCCESSFUL head coaching experience leading the Bills. Could be someone who coached in the college ranls and has moved up to the pros as an assistant.

IMHO, experience is severely overrated by people. Either you are able to do the job or you can't. Having experience certainly helps deal with certain situations that arise, but ultimately is rarely the determining factor in whether you succeed or fail. If experience was required for every job, noone would ever get hired, other than the people that helped their mom or dad out at the family business growing up. I am much more concerned with them hiring the right person rather than if the person has head coaching experience. The best coaches in any sport at one time had no experience.

Yeah us too... problem is there is no one willing to come to Buffalo like that. Oh yeah and Fewell just went to the Giants and April to Pittsburgh. I think our only option is now Russ Brandon! He would work miracles as HC.