Fewell to Giants as DC according to league sources

Beerball

But but but but Perry Fewell only knows how to coach the Tampa-2 defense. How on earth can the Giants hire HIM?

Maybe some around here can find a clue.

If true, good for Perry Fewell. If not for the Jauron legacy, he may have been a good candidate for our HC job.

GO BILLS!!!

If true, good for Perry Fewell. If not for the Jauron legacy, he may have been a good candidate for our HC job.

GO BILLS!!!

True dat.

My only concern with the amount of time spent on our HC search are many co-ordinators being hired to new gigs. If our new coach wanted any these guys on his staff, it's now too late.

Jauron was canned in late November and we STILL don't know who the next head coach will be.. :unsure:

This is good news on so many levels.

The guy is a good coach, he took over an injured mess of players and had them play some winning football. That was with a rookie play caller and the worst O line in the game. He deserves a chance to show he can correct the defense in NY. The Bills defense against the run actually improved while he was head coach.

Then again... he is no longer a candidate to become the Bills head coach, and the Bills won't suffer the Tampa 2 under his hand :unsure:

True dat.

My only concern with the amount of time spent on our HC search are many co-ordinators being hired to new gigs. If our new coach wanted any these guys on his staff, it's now too late.

Jauron was canned in late November and we STILL don't know who the next head coach will be.. :unsure:

I would bet, Fewell has agreed to take the Giants job, with an out if the Bills offer him the HC job. To be honest, he is as appealing a candidate to me, right now, as any of the other options being bandied about...

LOL well Caughlin sealed his fate. 'But ICE Fewell was a good DC'. Really? What were our defenses ranked when he was here'

'But ICE he was given crap to work with'. Oh you mean by the same talent evaluators etc that we expect a good HC to put up with?

I don't know what's more pathetic, your posts or that you believe people respect you enough to change your opinion.

LOL well Caughlin sealed his fate. 'But ICE Fewell was a good DC'. Really? What were our defenses ranked when he was here'

'But ICE he was given crap to work with'. Oh you mean by the same talent evaluators etc that we expect a good HC to put up with?

He must be good this Perry Fewell you speak of,hes from the Dick Jauron coaching tree.They say the apple doesnt fall far from the tree... :unsure:

He must be good this Perry Fewell you speak of,hes from the Dick Jauron coaching tree.They say the apple doesnt fall far from the tree... :unsure:

LOL yeah the tampon 2 scheme was forced on Fewell by Jauron so when Jauron was fired and fewell took over he would run the defense the way he wanted....and it still sucked.

This just ads to Buffalo's rep of letting quality personnel walk. The beat goes on...

PTR

And in what capacity was fewell going to stay on? ONLY in Buffalo did the guy get a sniff at a head coaching gig. DC? Well I didn't see anything different between what Jauron had him run and what he ran when he was temp HC.

This just ads to Buffalo's rep of letting quality personnel walk. The beat goes on...

PTR

I'm neutral on Fewell, but I wonder if he has an out if Buffalo decides to make him an offer for the HC position. It happens rarely, but sometimes guys do land a job only to turn around and take a higher-profile position elsewhere. It'd be awkward, though, and I'd rather upgrade from the legacy of Jauron if at all possible.