One need only look at Mr. Ralph's relationships with last few HCs

In the past 10 years:

1. Mr. Ralph had an incredibly toxic relationship with Wade Phillips such that not only did RW fire him but then foolishly tried to dodge paying him the contract they agreed to.

2. Mr. Ralph had such a toxic relationship with his GM Butler that Butler much to Mr. Ralph's surprise simply ran off to SD which provided context for the stupid Wad situation. The whole thing happened with a bizarre situation where Mr. Ralph seemed to exercising his capitalist right to determine who started at QB and like it or not the result was not good,

3. Mr. Ralph actually probably lucked out that a football TD was able to step in and actually did a good job with the business side (building profitable partnerships with St. John's Fisher and a host of commercial deals). However, Mr. Ralph really provided no check and balance on TD after his likely meddling and lo an behold the HC GW ended up clashing with (as seen publicly when GW announced Larry Centers would be a Bill as long as he wanted to be and then within a week Centers got cut and Gash signed. GW delivered an incredibly mediocre record here so this was another problematic relationship between the HC and the boss.

4. Mularkey was hired actually led the team to some Ws his rookie year but this was followed by another meltdown as the TD/RW relationship turned toxic and amidst this drama MM saw fit to walk away not only from his dream job but a boatload of $ left in his contract.

5. This was followed by Mr. Ralph getting his old bud Marv out of retirement, the team essentially working without a GM for a year and Jauron being given an extension and fired within the same 12 month period.

Upon thinking it through its no wonder that some of these potential HC candidates may in fact just be saying no to a job nobody says no to.

I'm sure its much worse then this....

I really wish Ralph would go away once and for all.. Thanks for keepin gthe Bils in Buffalo and all, but if you're completely incapable of running this franchise, and you're even more incapable of picking someone to run it

I really wish Ralph would go away once and for all.. Thanks for keepin gthe Bils in Buffalo and all, but if you're completely incapable of running this franchise, and you're even more incapable of picking someone to run it

The sooner he passes away (since he won't sell) the sooner this team has any chance of turning around.

a 90 year old billionaire...please hold while i mop up the tears

91, not a billionaire unless you include the estimated value of the Bills (and even then maybe not, but close), and anyone who feels a sporting team is more important than a persons life is a douchebag.

If the comments I see here are reflective of the type of people that live in Buffalo...no wonder we cant find a top notch HC.Get real people,Buffalo died many years ago and I dont blame HC canditates from declining the job.Who would be interested in moving their families to a city where the sun shines for only two weeks in July.

This statement lacks a resolution...

Telling/Wishing someone to die is just lame, plain and simple there is no need for that.

The minute Ralph goes away is the minute Bills fans can start sweating the loss of the team. Then you'll really have something to complain about. It's entertainment. Theoretically, entertainment is supposed to be something you enjoy.

In the past 10 years:

1. Mr. Ralph had an incredibly toxic relationship with Wade Phillips such that not only did RW fire him but then foolishly tried to dodge paying him the contract they agreed to.

2. Mr. Ralph had such a toxic relationship with his GM Butler that Butler much to Mr. Ralph's surprise simply ran off to SD which provided context for the stupid Wad situation. The whole thing happened with a bizarre situation where Mr. Ralph seemed to exercising his capitalist right to determine who started at QB and like it or not the result was not good,

3. Mr. Ralph actually probably lucked out that a football TD was able to step in and actually did a good job with the business side (building profitable partnerships with St. John's Fisher and a host of commercial deals). However, Mr. Ralph really provided no check and balance on TD after his likely meddling and lo an behold the HC GW ended up clashing with (as seen publicly when GW announced Larry Centers would be a Bill as long as he wanted to be and then within a week Centers got cut and Gash signed. GW delivered an incredibly mediocre record here so this was another problematic relationship between the HC and the boss.

4. Mularkey was hired actually led the team to some Ws his rookie year but this was followed by another meltdown as the TD/RW relationship turned toxic and amidst this drama MM saw fit to walk away not only from his dream job but a boatload of $ left in his contract.

5. This was followed by Mr. Ralph getting his old bud Marv out of retirement, the team essentially working without a GM for a year and Jauron being given an extension and fired within the same 12 month period.

Upon thinking it through its no wonder that some of these potential HC candidates may in fact just be saying no to a job nobody says no to.

Man, my ignore list is really getting long.

to a city where the sun shines for only two weeks in July.

Actually the real facts are that Buffalo is the sunniest city in the NE generally for a good 4+ months each year. Disbelieve this if you want but the facts are:

1. Just as Alaska is called the land of the midnight sun as we move toward and then away from the longest day of the year up north June 21st, Buffalo is actually further north than most American cities. It simply gets more sunlight as late June approaches and goes away.

2. Add to this the climatological situation which causes lake effect snow (the land and the water can reach different maximum high or low temps. In the winter this causes the moisture laden air from the Great Lakes to dump out snow, but in later spring, summer and early fall the effect reverses and breaks up low to moderate cloud cover off the lake,

Not only does Buffalo get more sun but more of it gets to the ground.

If you do not believe me simply call the National Weather Service which measures sunlight amounts.

Again if you are looking for unbiased validation consider an event called SolarSplash which is a competition among colleges of roughly canoe size solar power boats, In the early 2000s they held SolarSplash here in Buffalo and unprecedented 4 times in a row. Part of the argument which brought these scientists here was the sharing of facts with them that on June 21st when the event is held Buffalo gets far more sunlight that other cities in the SunBelt like New Orleans or in FL where they had held the event before.

The stats show that no matter what you feel like Buffalo is a lot sunnier than 2 weeks a year.

a 90 year old billionaire...please hold while i mop up the tears

not a billionaire... and shcokingly, if ALL he cared about is money, why not sell while he is alive and do something with it? instead of when he is dead? riddle me that...

still waiting for everyone who says Ralph is SOOOO greedy, to explain why thats the case if he is never at ANY point going to see the money?

he'd be GREEDY if he did what Modell did and sold the team for a boat load of cash, or if he was Al Davis and moved the team here or there based on stadium contracts.

Ralph is a lot of things, tightwadded, old, maybe even senile... but he is NOT greedy.

Jeez guys, I understand your bitter that Bill Cowher, Jon Gruden, Brian Schottenheimer et all don't care to coach the Bills.

There is no real reason to crucify the owner here, a guy who has kept this team in a very small market for so long. He could have easily moved the team away and made much more money in doing so. The Colts, Browns and Rams all moved away and have won super bowls since, perhaps his real fault is keeping the team in a dying city.

OTOH, If I were RW, I'd find a way to get Cowher into Buffalo, even if it meant trading for McNabb, Vick or some other experienced veteran QB and giving the guy free reign to build the team his way.

Actually the real facts are that Buffalo is the sunniest city in the NE generally for a good 4+ months each year. Disbelieve this if you want but the facts are:

1. Just as Alaska is called the land of the midnight sun as we move toward and then away from the longest day of the year up north June 21st, Buffalo is actually further north than most American cities. It simply gets more sunlight as late June approaches and goes away.

2. Add to this the climatological situation which causes lake effect snow (the land and the water can reach different maximum high or low temps. In the winter this causes the moisture laden air from the Great Lakes to dump out snow, but in later spring, summer and early fall the effect reverses and breaks up low to moderate cloud cover off the lake,

Not only does Buffalo get more sun but more of it gets to the ground.

If you do not believe me simply call the National Weather Service which measures sunlight amounts.

Again if you are looking for unbiased validation consider an event called SolarSplash which is a competition among colleges of roughly canoe size solar power boats, In the early 2000s they held SolarSplash here in Buffalo and unprecedented 4 times in a row. Part of the argument which brought these scientists here was the sharing of facts with them that on June 21st when the event is held Buffalo gets far more sunlight that other cities in the SunBelt like New Orleans or in FL where they had held the event before.

The stats show that no matter what you feel like Buffalo is a lot sunnier than 2 weeks a year.

Thanks. That was excellent. I really like Buffalo's weather from May to October. Now I know why.