King: Bills not in any hurry

FluffHead

The only "news" is that Harbaugh looks to be out. He was always the outside guy, but little mention of him anywhere. If Bills actually met with him it would have to have been a secret since he's in the midst of recruiting.

The only "news" is that Harbaugh looks to be out. He was always the outside guy, but little mention of him anywhere. If Bills actually met with him it would have to have been a secret since he's in the midst of recruiting.

Woudn't it have been nice if PK could have provided any resemblance of reasoning at all behind his comment that Harbaugh is "out"? Or is that too much to ask? More time on actually attempting to give his readers information that has substance and merit, less time describing his bad experiences on plane and train rides every Monday, perhaps.

I actually dont mind taking their time. The Bills are in a lose lose situation on this one with fans (not to bash anyone but its divided on this board)

If they would have made a quick decision and hired someone right away people would have thrown fits because they hardly interviewed anyone.

If they take time to process people get angry cause they feel there is no resolution to this downward spiral.

I say let the new regime work itself out before we say anything. I for one enjoy it, reading all the articels and the responses by TBD'ers. So you get the ocassional strong, angry, cynical argument but at least people are venting and not throwing stone at each others houses.

I say lets have a drink for every day the search goes on day 1 1 beer, day 2 2 beers... what are we on now day 8. This could get interesting!!! :wallbash:

Woudn't it have been nice if PK could have provided any resemblance of reasoning at all behind his comment that Harbaugh is "out"? Or is that too much to ask? More time on actually attempting to give his readers information that has substance and merit, less time describing his bad experiences on plane and train rides every Monday, perhaps.

Then he wouldn't have space to give us all the news he gets on twitter. King has no idea what he's talking about. We know as much about football and what's going on as he does.

The only reason the Bills should not take their time would be if the guy they want is available (read: not still coaching in the playoffs) and wants to come to Buffalo.

Presuming Cowher doesn't want to come here, and presuming the BILLS are intrigued enough by coaches still in the playoffs, I think we've got to remain patient, as nice as it would be to get an answer.

Personally, I'm hoping that the Jets lose this week, as I would be anyway, and we get our shot at B-Schott. This would be ESPECIALLY great if the rumors about his dad being involved are true. I think based on name and Marty's cache alone the Bills could get some good people to come to Buffalo (and perhaps pick off some talent from within the division). I hadn't really warmed up to the idea until now, and his hiring would mean nothing without good players for him to coach, but I would feel a hell of a lot more confident in the people evaluating them onfield with a Schottenheimer team involved. I could also warm up to Garrett but I find him to be an unlikely hire, due to a probable agreement with Jerry Jones as well as what Wade would likely tell him about working for Ralph.

Don't get me wrong, my main hope is for Cowher to have an apparent change of heart and say yes if he's feeling the itch. But the Bills obviously can't proceed as if that's plan A. Plan A should be to interview the best guys available, and if they're in the playoffs, we've got to wait.

The only reason the Bills should not take their time would be if the guy they want is available (read: not still coaching in the playoffs) and wants to come to Buffalo.

Presuming Cowher doesn't want to come here, and presuming the BILLS are intrigued enough by coaches still in the playoffs, I think we've got to remain patient, as nice as it would be to get an answer.

Personally, I'm hoping that the Jets lose this week, as I would be anyway, and we get our shot at B-Schott. This would be ESPECIALLY great if the rumors about his dad being involved are true. I think based on name and Marty's cache alone the Bills could get some good people to come to Buffalo (and perhaps pick off some talent from within the division). I hadn't really warmed up to the idea until now, and his hiring would mean nothing without good players for him to coach, but I would feel a hell of a lot more confident in the people evaluating them onfield with a Schottenheimer team involved. I could also warm up to Garrett but I find him to be an unlikely hire, due to a probable agreement with Jerry Jones as well as what Wade would likely tell him about working for Ralph.

Don't get me wrong, my main hope is for Cowher to have an apparent change of heart and say yes if he's feeling the itch. But the Bills obviously can't proceed as if that's plan A. Plan A should be to interview the best guys available, and if they're in the playoffs, we've got to wait.

Two Words:

John Fox

Two Words:

John Fox

Three more: he's under contract.

The only way, right now, that they can get him is by compensating the Panthers. Presuming he even WANTS to come to Buffalo, I don't think his effect will so much better than that of another good candidate out there, that the Bills could afford to surrender a high pick for him. They need all the picks they can get. And no way is Carolina going to fire him and pay him.

That's actually not insignificant news, and it hasn't been mentioned before. Harbaugh has a lot of fans in Billsland, as far as I can tell.

People love to bash the national media, but King is pretty clued in. If he says Harbaugh is out, I suspect strongly that he is.

I don't think I want Fox either based on the analysis of Panther fans. I hope this "waiting period" smokes Cowher out of hiding. If he is serious about coaching in 2010, where he going go?

Trust me, you do.