Another reason Drew screwded us

Kelly the Dog

Drew was okay. In this game his stats were better than how he played, IMO, as opposed to other games this year when he played better than his stats. But it seems that all we needed was competence out of our QB for this year because the defense is very good and this is probably the best special teams we have EVER had. In 45 years. How ridiculous is it that our weakest link in the special teams is about 11-13 this year in FGs? And he's the worst. With a very good defense, great special teams, reasonable coaching, a couple good runners and receivers... ALL we needed was competence from our QB and instead we got erratic performance.

Drew was okay. In this game his stats were better than how he played, IMO, as opposed to other games this year when he played better than his stats. But it seems that all we needed was competence out of our QB for this year because the defense is very good and this is probably the best special teams we have EVER had. in 45 years.  How ridiculous is it that our weakest link in the special teams is about 11-13 this year in FGs? And he's the worst. With a very good defense, great special teams, reasonable coaching, a couple good runners and receivers... ALL we needed was competence from our QB and instead we got erratic performance.

127781[/snapback]

KTD...we are going to stand alone. This assclown has been done for years, but thanks to todays miricle outting, we are stuck with his ass even longer.

Drew was okay. In this game his stats were better than how he played, IMO, as opposed to other games this year when he played better than his stats. But it seems that all we needed was competence out of our QB for this year because the defense is very good and this is probably the best special teams we have EVER had. in 45 years.  How ridiculous is it that our weakest link in the special teams is about 11-13 this year in FGs? And he's the worst. With a very good defense, great special teams, reasonable coaching, a couple good runners and receivers... ALL we needed was competence from our QB and instead we got erratic performance.

127781[/snapback]

Yep...imagine where we'd be this year with a real QB. :(

IF WE HAD A MEDICORE QB ( 85-90 PASS RATING) WE WOULD BE 6-4 OR BETTER. BLEDSOE HAS GOT TO GO, BUT HE WONT UNTIL WE LOSE AGAIN. EVEN IF JPL TURNS OUT TO BE A BUST, IF HE IS MEDICORE WE WILL BE A BETTER TEAM. ( BTW DONT PLAY MATTHEWS THATS JUST STUPID)

KTD...we are going to stand alone. This assclown has been done for years, but thanks to todays miricle outting, we are stuck with his ass even longer.

127783[/snapback]

I have to admit that some of the Patsie trolls were right all along (some of them). The ones that said he stinks were wrong. The ones that said he is a "tease" were right. That is what happens with him. I stuck up for him for too long, I will admit. But he plays just well enough that you think he will put it together. This game, he really was just okay. He made a couple throws that were nice but those are the throws that he should be making all the time and he just doesn't. And sometimes it is the wins, and the games that he plays reasonably well that you realize it the most.

IF WE HAD A MEDICORE QB ( 85-90 PASS RATING) WE WOULD BE 6-4 OR BETTER. BLEDSOE HAS GOT TO GO, BUT HE WONT UNTIL WE LOSE AGAIN. EVEN IF JPL TURNS OUT TO BE A BUST, IF HE IS MEDICORE WE WILL BE A BETTER TEAM. ( BTW DONT PLAY MATTHEWS THATS JUST STUPID)

127796[/snapback]

Actually, I really don't think it is totally Drew's fault that we are 4-6. The first game I TOTALLY blame on Nate Clements. There were plays or non-plays by other players than Drew that cost us at least one other game, which would make us 6-4 instead of 4-6. But the problem is that he doesn't lead the team. He is erratic and this team needs servicable quarterbacking, first downs, few mistakes, and once in a while a great play. That is not really what we're getting. He could be that guy, but he hasnt been that guy. And we're out of it now after ten games when we wshould be right in the middle of it.

This game, he really was just okay. He made a couple throws that were nice but those are the throws that he should be making all the time and he just doesn't. And sometimes it is the wins, and the games that he plays reasonably well that you realize it the most.

I know exactly what you mean. You see us destroy a division leader like the Rams with just average play from the QB position and you wonder what could have been if he had just been average all year.

I couldn't wait for the Clod Tollins era to be over, I couldn't wait for the Flutie era to be over, I couldn't wait for the RJ era to be over and now I can't wait for the Bledsoe era to be over.

I don't know if we're just in the middle of a run of bad luck or whether I'm turning into a miserable bastard as I get older ;-)

Cya

I know exactly what you mean. You see us destroy a division leader like the Rams with just average play from the QB position and you wonder what could have been if he had just been average all year.

I couldn't wait for the Clod Tollins era to be over, I couldn't wait for the Flutie era to be over, I couldn't wait for the RJ era to be over and now I can't wait for the Bledsoe era to be over.

I don't know if we're just in the middle of a run of bad luck or whether I'm turning into a miserable bastard as I get older ;-)

Cya

127812[/snapback]

:(

How quickly we forget all the things like the absolute defensive meltdown against the Jags in the final 2 minutes, when the defense gave up three straight fourth down conversions to blow the game, or the mind-numbing number of stupid, undisciplined, drive-killing penalties through the first three games, or Henry's incompetence in picking up a blitz, or Izzy Reese's near-complete inability to play anything resembling football.

The fact is, this is not a good team, and in virtually every loss some aspect of the team has misfired badly - sometimes the QB (like last week's tragicomedy of errors), sometimes someone else (like the o-line and Henry in the first NE game). It's really only the past two home games that the team has started putting together complete, competent games.

Again, I'm no fan of Drew's...but get a sense of reality already. Blaming everything on the QB position is short-sighted in the extreme.

Cya

127812[/snapback]

I don;t care what anyone says, this would be a better team with, GAG, Doug Flutie as quarterback. That is how good this team is and how bad the quarterbacking has been. All we needed was getting a bunch of first downs, and getting a few plays out of nothing, and covering up some weaknesses. That is what the idiot midget could do. But we havent got that from Drew.

QUOTE(Simon @ Nov 21 2004, 04:45 PM)

Cya

((((EXACTLY))))))

How quickly we forget all the things like the absolute defensive meltdown against the Jags in the final 2 minutes

Forget?!?!?!

That game is still bothering me so bad nearly 3 months later that I'm beginning to wonder if I need professional help.........

How quickly we forget all the things like the absolute defensive meltdown against the Jags in the final 2 minutes, when the defense gave up three straight fourth down conversions to blow the game, or the mind-numbing number of stupid, undisciplined, drive-killing penalties through the first three games, or Henry's incompetence in picking up a blitz, or Izzy Reese's near-complete inability to play anything resembling football.

The fact is, this is not a good team, and in virtually every loss some aspect of the team has misfired badly - sometimes the QB (like last week's tragicomedy of errors), sometimes someone else (like the o-line and Henry in the first NE game).  It's really only the past two home games that the team has started putting together complete, competent games. 

Again, I'm no fan of Drew's...but get a sense of reality already.  Blaming everything on the QB position is short-sighted in the extreme.

127818[/snapback]

I am not blaming everything on Drew. In another post in this thread, I thought that two loses of the six were directy unrelated to Drew. The point is only that this is a pretty good team. The defense is good, even with some lapses as you mentioned. The special teams is very good to great. The talent on offense is pretty damn good. What we don't have is a leader at QB. He just hasn't got it done in that respect overall. That is not the same thing as saying he is the fault we aren't in the hunt. But I do think that if we had a firey leader on offense at the QB position, we would be in the playoff hunt. And I am a Drew supporter. I stuck for him as long as anyone.

I don;t care what anyone says, this would be a better team with, GAG, Doug Flutie as quarterback. That is how good this team is and how bad the quarterbacking has been. All we needed was getting a bunch of first downs, and getting a few plays out of nothing, and covering up some weaknesses. That is what the idiot midget could do. But we havent got that from Drew.

127820[/snapback]

If you want, I have a tape of the last NE game you can borrow. Methinks you might need to review that confused grab-asstic slapstick act masquerading as a football game to remind yourself just how good a team the Bills AREN'T this year.

If you want, I have a tape of the last NE game you can borrow.  Methinks you might need to review that confused grab-asstic slapstick act masquerading as a football game to remind yourself just how good a team the Bills AREN'T this year.

127833[/snapback]

I am not saying we are as good as New England, or would be with another quarterback. And we have yet to prove we can win on the road. I do think there is no denying that that there are three equal elements to a NFL team and we have great special teams, and we have a very good and sometimes great defense, and we have some talent on offense. There are not a lot of teams with those elements or the equivalent of those elements. And even though I am not a Bledsoe basher whatsoever, and in fact quite the opposite, I think that mediocre, trent Dilfer esque quarterbacking over 10 games would have made us right in the thick of things.

Guest Guest_buftex_*
I have to admit that some of the Patsie trolls were right all along (some of them). The ones that said he stinks were wrong. The ones that said he is a "tease" were right. That is what happens with him. I stuck up for him for too long, I will admit. But he plays just well enough that you think he will put it together. This game, he really was just okay. He made a couple throws that were nice but those are the throws that he should be making all the time and he just doesn't. And sometimes it is the wins, and the games that he plays reasonably well that you realize it the most.

127797[/snapback]

Kelly, like you I have always supported Bledsoe. I always supported Rob Johson, Jim Kelly, Frank Reich, Alex Van Pelt, Todd Collins, Joe Dufek, Bruce Mathison, Vince Ferragamo, David Hum, Gary Marangi, Joe Ferguson, and Dennis Shaw. Whatever it is, QB is the posiotion that fascinates me the most. That being said, like you, it is getting harder and harder for me to justify it with Drew. He had a nice (but not great game) yesterday against the Rams, and I think he has been decent in most games, and completely awful in three games (Raiders, Ravens, Patriots #2). For a 12 year vetran, with the resume that Drew braught in to Buffalo, it has not been enough. He needs to be just decent every week. Why can he not get his act together on he road? I haven't seen it anywhere, but I would love to see Drews' stats at home versus on the road. I bet there is a huge difference. Maybe this is an indication that the whole team has a road problem, or maybe it is just Drew. Against the Pats last week, I thought Drew looked sharp coming out, but the minute there was an offensive line collapse, Bledseos' play fell sharply too. You just are not going to get anywhere playing like that.

At home, we look like the '85 Bears, on the road, unforunately, we look like the '85 Bills...