Would You be Excited with Pete Carroll as Head Coach?

Hsp08

Not one bit. He was successful in college, but that is a whole totally different situation. He spent a few years in the NFL with the Jets and Pats and was a bust at both, which is why he went back to the NCAA. No reason to believe that he will make the Seahawks a winner either, a big difference between drafting players and signing free agents compared to recruiting for college.

He had no power with personel in NY or NE. In Seattle he will have all the say. He has learned his lesson, if you do not have the say on what players are drafted or signed then you will be the one fired when these players do not work out!

Thank GM Bobby Grier of the NE Pats for his demise with all the busts he drafted. When BB was brought in the first guys out was Bobby Grier.

Not one bit. He was successful in college, but that is a whole totally different situation. He spent a few years in the NFL with the Jets and Pats and was a bust at both, which is why he went back to the NCAA. No reason to believe that he will make the Seahawks a winner either, a big difference between drafting players and signing free agents compared to recruiting for college.

I'm not Carroll fan by any means, but I think (could be wrong) he took NE to the playoffs twice and improved by one game each in years two and three, there. I'd throw a full-blown hissy fit if he ever came to Buffalo, but I don't think he was an all-out bust with NE. I just think the guy's a jerk.

I'm not Carroll fan by any means, but I think (could be wrong) he took NE to the playoffs twice and improved by one game each in years two and three, there. I'd throw a full-blown hissy fit if he ever came to Buffalo, but I don't think he was an all-out bust with NE. I just think the guy's a jerk.

Yup:

1997: 10-6 - 1-1 in the playoffs

1998: 9-7 - 0-1 in the playoffs

1999: 8-8 - Missed Playoffs

Career Record: 33-31

At least he has a winning record which is more than you can say for Dick Jauron (either pre-Bills or post-Bills), but then again that's not saying much.

Just curious...this is happening so fast for the Seahawks...and for big money of course and nobody seems to be talking about it here.

I personally don't think it is a sure thing...Pete's record in the NFL wasn't great previously....Great college coach/recruiter though.

Drew Bledsoe.

Whole different ballgame this time around, he has his guys and the second richest american as his owner. One thing Carroll has always been is resourceful...if he gets a QB and kurt warner retires....he has a legit chance.

edit: this is all based on if there no salary cap... we'll see

Just curious...this is happening so fast for the Seahawks...and for big money of course and nobody seems to be talking about it here.

I personally don't think it is a sure thing...Pete's record in the NFL wasn't great previously....Great college coach/recruiter though.

Worst coaching hire since Steve Spurrier...Carroll is and always will be a failure in the NFL. His skill set does not work well in the NFL. In college, he is great. Noone cares if you can walk into a house and cook the family dinner while charismatically trying to woo over a recruit and his family in the NFL. Expecting Carroll to be a success in the NFL is akin to hiring a jockey and expecting him o win the Kentucky Derby riding a horse with a broken leg. Just not happening no matter how badly you want it to. His players in the NFL considered the guy a loser...

No.

Both the Jets and Patriot players, when he was originally fired from those posts, both breathed a collective sigh of relief that his sophomoric antics were gone. None of the professional athletes liked his collegiate approach in the locker room or on game day.

Carroll is ideally suited for the college game. He has a tremendously successful and well-built team at USC. He could become the Bowden of college football if he stays.

He will crash and burn if he returns to the NFL.

He can't stay at USC because they will be going on probation for crap that happened on his watch

Yup:

1997: 10-6 - 1-1 in the playoffs

1998: 9-7 - 0-1 in the playoffs

1999: 8-8 - Missed Playoffs

Career Record: 33-31

At least he has a winning record which is more than you can say for Dick Jauron (either pre-Bills or post-Bills), but then again that's not saying much.

People in New England did not like him much when he coached here. He was widely considered to not be a great NFL head coach. I'm surprised anyone is giving him another chance. I predict he won't succeed.