Would You be Excited with Pete Carroll as Head Coach?

Hsp08

Just curious...this is happening so fast for the Seahawks...and for big money of course and nobody seems to be talking about it here.

I personally don't think it is a sure thing...Pete's record in the NFL wasn't great previously....Great college coach/recruiter though.

Pete Carroll has confirmed that he is leaving USC to join the Seattle Seahawks as head coach.

Carroll told the L.A. Times that he considered the Seahawks a perfect job in the NFL, where he coached in 1993 for the Jets and from 1997-99 with the Patriots.

Close the book on this discussion.

The most hated coach on my list EVER.- from the day he made the "choke" sign when the Bills missed a kick against him...I don't remember if it was when he was with the Jets or Pats...but it doesn't matter. If he were named the coach, I would turn my "Bills Fan" ticket in immediately and never look back.

No.

Both the Jets and Patriot players, when he was originally fired from those posts, both breathed a collective sigh of relief that his sophomoric antics were gone. None of the professional athletes liked his collegiate approach in the locker room or on game day.

Carroll is ideally suited for the college game. He has a tremendously successful and well-built team at USC. He could become the Bowden of college football if he stays.

He will crash and burn if he returns to the NFL.

It's exciting in the way that TO was exciting - celebrated guy who brings some attention. But then you think about it and realize it's a bad fit and won't get you anywhere.

it would be way less exciting, imo. TO is a future HOF NFL wide receiver. Pete Carrol has only had serious success in what is probably the cushiest college coaching gig of them all.

Just curious...this is happening so fast for the Seahawks...and for big money of course and nobody seems to be talking about it here.

I personally don't think it is a sure thing...Pete's record in the NFL wasn't great previously....Great college coach/recruiter though.

No.

Remember when he had the Pats run in for a 2-point conversion after the Bills walked off the field?

Not only no ... but hayyyyyyyyyl no. He can be America's highest paid cheerleader in Seattle.

Pete Carroll does nothing to excite me as head coach of the Bills. I'm surprised he even wants to come back to the NFL, after finding such great success at USC. But maybe the Seahawks know something, or have a feeling about the guy this time around. I always use Bill Belichecks' first job in Cleveland as my reason not to rule out a coach his second time around.

Pete Carroll does nothing to excite me as head coach of the Bills. I'm surprised he even wants to come back to the NFL, after finding such great success at USC. But maybe the Seahawks know something, or have a feeling about the guy this time around. I always use Bill Belichecks' first job in Cleveland as my reason not to rule out a coach his second time around.

HE is leaving USC in a scandal he knows he needs to run away as fast as he can

Carroll wasn't a bad coach when he was in the NFL but I think he is better suited for the college game....

If he brings his coordinators with him from USC the Seahawks might not get any better anytime soon.