Another candidate turns down Buffalo!!

Buffalo 66

It's hilarious that these jamokes (not sure if Rivera fits into that category yet) need a complete team before they'll agree to take it over. Good riddance.

This is exactly my thinking. A good, motivated coach would want to build his team from the ground up. That allows him to put his stamp on that team and earn respect around the league. Parcells did this. Cowher did this.

It tells me that these coaches just want easy money. If they don't want work hard to build a winner, then move on to the next guy.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

If you don't interview, you won't get another chance. Sounds like Rivera has found his level. Content to be DC and nothing more. DJ appears set to catch on as DC somewhere, same with Fewell. Although you may fail as HC, does not mean you will stay unemployed. i.e. Mangini, Weiss, crennel, etc. Our problem has not been spending money, it has been not spending wisely and not drafting wisely. Both elements depend on the type system the coaching staff puts in place.

Very true words. If they don't want to even interview then forget them.

This is a big job and not a quick insertion of a couple players. This is a major overhaul that will require time, effort, luck, team work, vision, experience, and a desire to kick as* and probably spend some time getting your as*es kicked. So if they don't want to interview now that means they won't suck later and regret taking on such a big job. :huh:

I am not sure why this is so shocking to some people:

- The Bills have a very bitter, meddling owner.

- Not a single decent QB on the roster

- An offenseive line that is a complete mess

The chance of failure in Buffalo is far too great.

in a more divergent-thinking mode - he may just not want any distractions while they are still in the playoffs. if you read the whole article it clearly states that he also declined to interview for the seattle hc job. relax, take a deep breath, the sun will shine tomorrow.

This could be easy to explain. Permission to speak with Rivera would have to come from A.J. Smith. Nobody knows for sure what the relationship Buddy Nix and Smith have presently, but it is probably safe to say that working for Ralph Wilson is not something Smith would recommend.

Yes you lemmings read for a change, Rivera says he doesn't want any distractions until the Chargers season is over.

Lemmings I say, lemmings.

it's really something. Drivers should be on the look out for people in Bills jerseys running out onto the I-90.

Yes you lemmings read for a change, Rivera says he doesn't want any distractions until the Chargers season is over.

Lemmings I say, lemmings.

If the guy really wanted a shot at being our head coach, he could find two hours to sit down with the Bills. I'm sure that they would come to him given the circumstances. People declining this coaching vacancy really speaks volumes about the state of this franchise. And people around here have the balls to chastise Jerry Sullivan and negative posters for being pessimistic all the time. :huh::thumbsup::bag:

ATTENTION all you chicken little the sky is falling fans :

Rivera DID NOT turn the bills down, he is WAITING til S.D. season is over !!

Rivera will wait to interview

January 10, 2010 3:27 PM | 1 Comment

The San Diego Union-Tribune: Ron Rivera won't be interviewing until the Chargers' season ends or they have a week off before the Super Bowl.

"I'm committed to helping the Chargers win the Super Bowl," the team's defensive coordinator said yesterday.

Rivera declined to comment further on his prospects with the Buffalo Bills and Seattle Seahawks, but sources have confirmed both teams asked permission to speak with Rivera but that it was Rivera who declined the opportunity to interview with either.

http://www.chicagobreakingsports.com/2010/...-interview.html