Phily & Peters Go Down

box0life

The only positive thing that has happened in the past month has been that Philadelphia got their buts kicked and Peters has looked pathetic the last two weeks. Looks like that large salary didn't improve this team.

I may get ripped for this post, but I had to find something positive to say about this year. The Peters situation still has me pissed after the debacle of our offensive line this year.

Jason Peters came up small, that is for sure. Not that these two consecutive losses are solely his fault. However, Philly signed him as an ALL PRO to big money to be the answer to the Dallas All Pro Demarcus Ware. In the end, these two battled the last two weeks and Ware won each contest pretty decisively.

The only positive thing that has happened in the past month has been that Philadelphia got their buts kicked and Peters has looked pathetic the last two weeks.

Another positive is that hopefully this week will be the last of the Jason Peters bashing threads for a while....

Another positive is that hopefully this week will be the last of the Jason Peters bashing threads for a while....

Seriously. Yes, he looked like crap the last two weeks but he has put together good games in Philly. Lets move on and pray that Eric Wood can play football again so the trade was not a complete wash.

Seriously. Yes, he looked like crap the last two weeks but he has put together good games in Philly. Lets move on and pray that Eric Wood can play football again so the trade was not a complete wash.

christ all this lets hope he can play again. he broke his freaking leg, yes 2 bones. he is going to be perfectly fine.

i would much rather have him break his leg than blow out his acl.

really people get real. it looked bad but its a simple fracture of the tibia and fibula they will heal stronger than before enough already!

Does any one have the link to Peters' quote when he said he needed the new contract so he could feed his family?

I am here in South Jersey and a couple of my neighbors who are huge Eagles' fans are really mad about Peters' play the last couple weeks. Plus, they say he laid down in a couple earlier games.

That being said ... I have seen him pancake defenders as an Eagle so he is not this talent-less lineman that gets hinted at at times here on the Wall. He is just a greedy overpaid example of what's wrong with professional sports.

Would have have helped the Bills ... of course he would have. But, would he be worth the money ... no way.

I know that there are a lot of "move on" posts when it comes to Peters, but I think the reason this topic has not died is how the Peter's Situation symbolizes much that is wrong in this sport.

When the everyday working stiff shells out money to watch their favorite team play then sees a player - an undrafted walk-on, who is groomed and coached-up by the team, then given a lucrative 5-year deal, turn around and not honor that deal, that player becomes the epitome of the term douche bag. Not only did he not honor the deal, but he lumbered into a season after holding out completely gassed and out-of-shape.

The only good thing Peters did do was to give us some draft picks for two IMO solid o-linemen, and hastened the departure of one of the lamest coaching staffs ever assembled.

May his career forever be associated with failure (might as well try my version of a Flutie curse).

I know that there are a lot of "move on" posts when it comes to Peters, but I think the reason this topic has not died is how the Peter's Situation symbolizes much that is wrong in this sport.

When the everyday working stiff shells out money to watch their favorite team play then sees a player - an undrafted walk-on, who is groomed and coached-up by the team, then given a lucrative 5-year deal, turn around and not honor that deal, that player becomes the epitome of the term douche bag. Not only did he not honor the deal, but he lumbered into a season after holding out completely gassed and out-of-shape.

The only good thing Peters did do was to give us some draft picks for two IMO solid o-linemen, and hastened the departure of one of the lamest coaching staffs ever assembled.

May his career forever be associated with failure (might as well try my version of a Flutie curse).

I think it's more the perception that Peters isn't a team guy. He comes off as being selfish. For fans who spend time and money on their team, that's hard to swallow, especially considering the kind of money he's making. That being said, you can't really blame the guy for taking the money. It's his body. He's playing a sport that's almost certainly going to guarantee long term health problems once he retires. I'm glad he's with the Eagles because he's going to be a distraction wherever he goes.

Peters can play like the best of them, but all too often he doesn't. And coming-up small in the playoffs, when you're calling yourself the best LT in the game and getting paid like it, is pretty bad. He's now Philly's problem. The unfortunate part is the Bills didn't have a replacement for him, and cutting Walker at the last second because he couldn't work in the no-huddle, only to scrap the system, was dumb.

Peters can play like the best of them, but all too often he doesn't. And coming-up small in the playoffs, when you're calling yourself the best LT in the game and getting paid like it, is pretty bad. He's now Philly's problem. The unfortunate part is the Bills didn't have a replacement for him, and cutting Walker at the last second because he couldn't work in the no-huddle, only to scrap the system, was dumb.

Correct. The Bills were right to let him go. But they failed to replace him.

PTR

The only positive thing that has happened in the past month has been that Philadelphia got their buts kicked and Peters has looked pathetic the last two weeks. Looks like that large salary didn't improve this team.

I may get ripped for this post, but I had to find something positive to say about this year. The Peters situation still has me pissed after the debacle of our offensive line this year.

No , you're right, he has played bad the last couple of weeks.

I think it's more the perception that Peters isn't a team guy. He comes off as being selfish. For fans who spend time and money on their team, that's hard to swallow, especially considering the kind of money he's making. That being said, you can't really blame the guy for taking the money. It's his body. He's playing a sport that's almost certainly going to guarantee long term health problems once he retires. I'm glad he's with the Eagles because he's going to be a distraction wherever he goes.

I "do" blame the guy for taking the money, I can't speak for the rest of fans merely speculate, but if he had played out his contract honorably, and then put his skills on the open market - different story.

Do I blame Pat Williams, or Antoine Winfield for following the money, no. They played out their contracts and the Bills did not meet the $ they got on the free agent market. I felt thankful that we had them for the time we did and wished them well (except when they play the Bills).

agreed. Walker was not cut out for the no-huddle, but was a team guy who did a good job manning the right tackle spot before they moved him. Considering the depth we had on the o-line it was plain stupid to cut him. Then again, stupidity ran rampant this past year at OBD.

peters has sick talent and skills, he's just fat lazy stupid and a dick.

i'd way way rather have solid but not great consistent o linemen than a stud who makes great plays and then just stinks in others. like corner back a mistake by an LT can mean way more damage than a few great plays.