Senator Harry Reid: Obama Has "No Negro Dialect"

This gives me yet another opportunity to recommend "Kingsblood Royal" by Sinclair Lewis.

I agree Reid's words were ill-chosen. Yet, if the truth be told...he was stating the obvious. Obama is light-skinned, and in America there are still people (who'd never admit it) who are offended by folks with coal-black skin. Obama also knows how to speak like an educated man, which he is. Yet, he can lapse into certain "vernacular" (is that the right word?) when he thinks it's appropriate.

So Reid's thinking was "if America is ever going to have a black president, THIS man could be it, for these reasons".

Lott's statement expressed HIS thoughts that if Strom Thurmond had been president we'd never have to worry about a black guy ever being president.

If the GOP ever admits why Sarah Palin was chosen for Veep (she's "hot" and shoots guns for fun) will you freak out over that too? It's just as insensitive...and just as true.

Get on with it.

Your posts are irritating enough without always throwing a cute teenage catch phrase at the end of every single one of them

Yawn.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't have a problem with what Reid said if I understand the context. Basically he was alluding to the point that a guy like Al Sharpton isn't getting elected in this life time but someone like Obama or Colin Powell certainly could. I'd like to thank everyone for getting all up in arms about reality because the media basically told you to.

As far as Eric's point goes: Eric's a friggin' retard.

This gives me yet another opportunity to recommend "Kingsblood Royal" by Sinclair Lewis.

I agree Reid's words were ill-chosen. Yet, if the truth be told...he was stating the obvious. Obama is light-skinned, and in America there are still people (who'd never admit it) who are offended by folks with coal-black skin. Obama also knows how to speak like an educated man, which he is. Yet, he can lapse into certain "vernacular" (is that the right word?) when he thinks it's appropriate.

Dude,

Your choice of the word "lapse" makes you sound a lot like Harry Reid. It's as if Obama's skin color defines his "vernacular" and only his education "saved" him. Here's a newsflash: There are plenty of dumb black Canadians that sound just like dumb white Canadians, eh?

Basically he was alluding to the point that a guy like Al Sharpton isn't getting elected in this life time but someone like Obama or Colin Powell certainly could.

Which, while true, probably wouldn't be lost on the dark-skinned blacks who can't speak like whitey. I hear a collective "Whatchoo talkin' 'bout, Willis?"

If the GOP ever admits why Sarah Palin was chosen for Veep (she's "hot" and shoots guns for fun) will you freak out over that too? It's just as insensitive...and just as true.

Get on with it.

I haven't seen too many people denying it, nor calling her "a smokin babe who can fire off a few rounds" either. But as long as she puts Maureen Down & her ilk in a tizzy, that's ok by me too.

What's wrong with Reid saying he prefers his party's negroes to look and speak more like white people? I think it's refreshing candor to see the Senate majority leader of the Democratic Party communicate to other negroes that they should stop looking and acting like typical darkies if they expect to get ahead.

This is what's called being a "progressive".

I don't have a problem with what Reid said if I understand the context. Basically he was alluding to the point that a guy like Al Sharpton isn't getting elected in this life time but someone like Obama or Colin Powell certainly could. I'd like to thank everyone for getting all up in arms about reality because the media basically told you to.

As far as Eric's point goes: Eric's a friggin' retard.

:D

I am a retard only because you don't like to be told what you can and can't do, especially by a retard.

Why AA's can get away with using the N-word is the same reason dems can get away with the same language repubs use.

Get over it... It is not equal and some aren't privy to certain language without raising dangerous red flags.

You are right about the media and the other explanation... But that goes hand-in-hand with what some can get away with.

Signed,

Eric the Retard

Interestingly enough,during your usual drifting babble, you forgot to mention that Lott was censored for praising a man [sen. Strom Thurmond] who was a Democrat when he ran for president as a segregationist.

He said nothing about blacks one way or the other. He was simply patting a 100 year old man on the back at his birthday party.

Dude... It is not about the names: dem or repub... It is about the ideology they exhibit and the people who back them. Lincoln was a republican and if around today, could surely get away with what Reid said.

Poppycock. The difference is simply that both Reid and Obama are in the same party. If one or the other were Republican, the sparks would be flying. Frankly, I don't know why this is such a big deal since what Reid said is absolutely the truth.

Of course they would (sparks be flying if Reid was republican)... And rightly so. Republicans have a different view on race relations.

Can a black Republican call his black Repulican buddy a !@#$? :D

Depends, maybe. Doesn't allow you to get a free pop-shot in there using it like how Tom uses the word sand !@#$. Show some respect. What are you a nine year old child. I am glad you feel better gettinf it off your chest.

<_<

Oh, BTW... I am not offended by your use of the word... It was proper. Iam just offended by you lackhe lack of respect.

You guys are really incorrigible.

Depends, maybe. Doesn't allow you to get a free pop-shot in there using it like how Tom uses the word sand &#33;@#&#036;. Show some respect. What are you a nine year old child. I am glad you feel better gettinf it off your chest.

Oh, BTW... I am not offended by your use of the word... It was proper. Iam just offended by you lackhe lack of respect.

You guys are really incorrigible.

Use of the word does not show lack of respect. I don't like to say "the n-word". I'm am comfortable enough with my total respect for all people regardless of color that I understand that in certain circumstances, like the one in which I used it, it's only a word and as you mentioned proper.

Now back to your comment there. A black republican could maybe call another black republican a &#33;@#&#036;? Who the !@#$ are you to tell them how to talk to one another?

Use of the word does not show lack of respect. I don't like to say "the n-word". I'm am comfortable enough with my total respect for all people regardless of color that I understand that in certain circumstances, like the one in which I used it, it's only a word and as you mentioned proper.

Now back to your comment there. A black republican could maybe call another black republican a &#33;@#&#036;? Who the !@#$ are you to tell them how to talk to one another?

You are right. I am done with this argument. We will never see I to eye. You win. Let's talk about the, damn pesky European aliens...

I do. It is just that I won't be able to get through... I will just get the: "He's babbling" "Eric's a retard" cop-out.

Why should I put you guys through all the grief? I can if you want, but I think Darin is ready to slit his wrists.

No, go ahead, give it a try. I would love to hear the reason why a black guy can or cannot call a buddy of his a &#33;@#&#036; based on his political beliefs. There could be no logical argument for this.