Replacing TO is important and I don't think Hardy is the answer.

Tipster19

Having thoroughbreds at the WR positions "don't mean a hill of beans" if you can't get the ball to them...

Exactly... the O-Line and QB are of more importance to fix right now.

1 step at a time... Hopefully the new front office will start with the o-line and work its way out

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3871283

You don't have two 1,000 yard seasons back-to-back, by mistake.

*EDIT: Notice the other Buffalo Bills player in the article.

You are back now?

I know that Lynch has been to the Pro Bowl, we all accepted his "problems" when he was in. But now that he has had one bad year and not a Pro Bowler anymore, we want to run him out of town cause he is a "Thug" and low life.

Damn some people want to get rid of Hardy before he has had a chance to prove himself.

Lets wait until he gets some quality playing time before we label him a bust.

BTW, I am more than ready to let Whitner go, maybe he can at least get a 3rd pick for him.

I like Wilson and Scott at strong safety, Byrd and Harris at FS.

Don't be shocked if T.O. stays because I don't think many teams will give him the salary he wants, beside I think he is waiting to see what HC and OC the Bills bring in.

I would keep T.O if he reduces his Salary, say something like 3.5 million a year for 2 years.

I don't think Hardy can be labeled a bust yet. True, he hasn't done anything yet, but you have to give him a fair chance to prove us wrong (or right). He needs to be given 3 years and a QB to throw to him before officially labeling him a bust, and running him out of town. I like to see Evans, Hardy, and Johnson on the field together. If a QB could successfully throw to them, this would be fun to watch.

Thug? When has Hardy been involved in gang violence or any crimes?

Seems like you have a nasty habit of throwing out racial slurs over the internet. I see you making these comments alot.

With that said, Hardy may be a bust but hes coming out of 2 injury plague years, while he has been healthy he hasn't gotten much playing time. Hes still young. Let him get a full year playing under his belt before making a final judgement.

To answer the topic of the title... How about Steve Johnson? He has shown flashes of being a good WR. If not him, I would like us to sign Vincent Jackson in the Offseason

Since when is the term "thug" a racial slur? I don't think it applies to only people of a certain color and pretending it does is a slippery assumption.

Thuggish behavior has been around alot longer than "gang violence" and hip hop lyrics.

Since when is the term "thug" a racial slur? I don't think it applies to only people of a certain color and pretending it does is a slippery assumption.

Thuggish behavior has been around alot longer than "gang violence" and hip hop lyrics.

The original thugs were indians. They were called thuggees(sp). Thy went arounf killing people for Kali. Theres my history lesson off the top of my head with no referencing google. :thumbsup:

The shake up for this roster is imminent and if a big body WR with some speed is needed then I don't think Hardy is that guy. Looking at the Giants' needs they suffer in the secondary the most and their S Kenny Phillips had microfracture surgery on his left knee and may not be the same player that they drafted. I think that it would be interesting to see if their 2009 3rd rd pick WR Ramses Barden would be available in a trade for some secondary/S help. Whitner for Barden could serve a dual purpose in establishing a new direction for the Bills.

Barden has 1 career reception, he's better then Hardy because....? I know most tend to over value our players but to say trade Whitner for this guy, are you mad?

Hardy is just another thug that was a wasted draft pick

you are most definitely incorrect

Hardy is very tall (although not as tall as the Bills thought when they drafted him since he lied about his height)

everyone knows tall WRs are always good and since Hardy is very tall he is very good

all of those other things like knowing the playbook catching the ball, running patterns, getting off the LOS and getting separation are way overrated.

Replacing TO was a priority half way through the season. If we want a guy who doesn't demand double teams, who drops balls thrown right to him, and doesn't battle for balls when they are in the air then we have multiple guys on this roster who can fill that void. I want a guy, no matter how big, that will go and fight for the ball while it is in the air. (Hines Ward, Steve Smith) TO only played well when his records were on the line. Young guys who want to play and have something to prove would be on the top of my list. Steve Johnson is a good possession receiver who knows how to find the soft spot in the zone and shield defenders with his body.

Goodbye T.O.

Thanks for the drops.

:wallbash:

At this point prior to FA acquisitions, I would be happy with the best offensive player available in the first round of the draft, including a wr. I don't know if we could trade someone for another player, I think it's tough to do that when you get a new FO because teams around the league probably figure you're going to jettison players for nothing.

We need to end this misery of the offensive side of the ball. I would like to see their top 4 picks be on the offensive side as well, I don't see any position that couldn't use a player.