"No domestic terror attacks under Bush"

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Talk about revisionism... :wallbash:

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2010/...ush/#more-84563

Echoing recent comments from former Bush administration officials, Rudy Giuliani defended former President George Bush's record on terrorism Friday, saying the country was not subjected to domestic terror attacks when he was in office.

"We had no domestic attacks under Bush; we've had one under Obama," Giuliani said on ABC's Good Morning America.

Democrats and other political observers were quick to question Giuliani's comments, wondering how the former New York City mayor would classify the attacks of September 11, 2001, as well as Richard Reid's attempted shoe-bombing in late 2001.

"Giuliani seems to have forgotten about the Sept. 11, 2001 attacks and shoe bomber Richard Reid," ABC's George Stephanopoulos, who conducted the Giuliani interview, wrote on his blog.

Giuliani's comments are similar to those of former White House Press Secretary Dana Perino and former Dick Cheney aide Mary Matalin, both of whom have said in recent weeks no terrorism attacks occurred under Bush.

"We did not have a terrorist attack on our country during President Bush's term," Perino told Fox News last November.

In December, Mary Matalin - a former senior adviser to Vice President Dick Cheney - made comments that seemed to place the 9/11 attacks under President Clinton's watch. "We inherited a recession from President Clinton and we inherited the most tragic attack on our own soil in our nation's history," Matalin a CNN analyst, told John King on CNN's "State of the Union" last month.

These people are so desperate to win and to save their cranky, crochety right-wing base that they will say anything. I haven't been this amused since Clinton was in office. The smell of desperation is strong!!!! :worthy:

Figures the Dems would get in a hissy fit over something like this - like they've never participated in the time honored tradition of rewriting history.

Let's see - I'm certain they have a different view on these things:

JFK ineptly backed an partisan invasion of Cuba

JFK and LBJ's war in VietNam was ended by Richard Nixon

The Republican party ended slavery

LBJ's Voting Rights Act only passed because northern Republicans backed it

Senator Robert Byrd was a practicing KKK member

Ronald Regan, Pope JPII and Lech Walesa were the prime drivers of the fall of the USSR

Ted Kennedy killed a young woman

GWB won the presidential election in 2000 and 2004

BO was elected because people hated GWB

Hillary Clinton is shrill

John McCain is a very liberal Republican

BO is in over his head regarding security and foreign policy matters

No lobbyists Only lobbyists and tax cheats that the current administration wants badly enough can work for this White House

Whoops! Youve got your head up your ass as much as Rudy does

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-sheppard...black-president

Youve been teabagged, RI. How does it feel?

Yeah, Right! What's her name and what's his face bitching on the radio to their combined 43 listeners are equal to or greater than the virtual army of GOP Talking Heads inundating the Sunday Morning TV Blitz. Have you come up for air recently?

But seriously, help me out with this. See I'm just a little confused here. When Rush Limbaugh, who has many millions of listeners and is widely regarded by both Democrats and Republicans alike as a major "Voice" for the more conservative wing of the Republican Party, says something stupid, according to you, he's only speaking for himself. His views shouldn't be considered to be the views of the GOP.

But Gruffolo and Olberman, who are widely regarded by both Democrats and Republicans alike as "Who?" and "Do they still get airtime?" again, according to you, speak for every democrat and liberal independant alive everytime they open their mouths.

Yeah, I've been teabagged, You just keep believing that, cannon-cocker.

Im sorry, last I checked right now Rudy Guiliani is a private citizen and not running for public office. But nice try.

And I like your little spin.......According to you, the right wing are lapdogs of Fox News and Limbaugh, but the left just ignored MSNBC and the likes of Olbermann and Garafalo. Thats comedy gold right there.

The POINT was....pundits on both sides of the aisle play the same game and use the same types of spin. I can pull out, if I wanted to, a billion stupid little statements like Rudy's some left wing nimrod made. And vice versa.

News flash: Americans are stupid. They elected enough Democrats to make NANCY FUGGEN PELOSI the Speaker of the House.

The bigger problem is that the most qualified and most capable people generally don't run for public office which is a great argument for keeping Government small.

:D<_<

Are you serious... If anything it is the other way around. It is usually the hillbilly that has the inferiority complex and the preconceived notions of the outside world... Well until they at least get out of their parochial existence. IMO, that my friend is why you see Palin attacking all the time, she still has not seen things for what they are worth.

And that is to be jealous about? :lol:

This commentary is stunning. The smug liberal intelligencia find no worth in those living out of their parochial detached-from-reality existence. They mock most Americans and the low brow interests they pursue, e.g., hunting, fishing, shooting, NASCAR, football and people that shop at KMart, Wallmart and Sears. Baseball's "cerebral" enough and players don't appear to perspire - so it's their favored sport. They only have any use for laborers when they're unionized - because they're a cash cow for their political machine.

My point is that a "high IQ" doesn't necessarily translate into a lot of common sense.

I drive through Princeton twice every day and can't tell you how many times their brainy students nearly get killed because of jay walking. The local saying is "1600 on their SATs and they STILL don't know how to cross the street."

Now, if you were lost in the wild woods, who would you rather have on your team? Sarah Palin or Hillary? Ollie North or Joe Biden?

As to Palin "attacking all the time," I think she's in tune with a lot of people who see the government getting totally out of control and are very concerned, angry and upset about it and want this recent trend to be stopped.

This commentary is stunning. The smug liberal intelligencia find no worth in those living out of their parochial detached-from-reality existence. They mock most Americans and the low brow interests they pursue, e.g., hunting, fishing, shooting, NASCAR, football and people that shop at KMart, Wallmart and Sears. Baseball's "cerebral" enough and players don't appear to perspire - so it's their favored sport. They only have any use for laborers when they're unionized - because they're a cash cow for their political machine.

My point is that a "high IQ" doesn't necessarily translate into a lot of common sense.

I drive through Princeton twice every day and can't tell you how many times their brainy students nearly get killed because of jay walking. The local saying is "1600 on their SATs and they STILL don't know how to cross the street."

Now, if you were lost in the wild woods, who would you rather have on your team? Sarah Palin or Hillary? Ollie North or Joe Biden?

As to Palin "attacking all the time," I think she's in tune with a lot of people who see the government getting totally out of control and are very concerned, angry and upset about it and want this recent trend to be stopped.

I agree... I still wouldn't take Plain... Especially if I was lost in the woods... First of all, I wouldn't be lost and second by some off chance I was, I sure the hell wouldn't need her or the other dolts you mentioned.

I may not shop at WalMart, but I do at K-Mart... :thumbdown: And I grew up hunting, fishing, shooting just as a my children do today. I have equally as much disdain at the Princeton liberals as you do.

I still consider myself a liberal though.

The bigger problem is that the most qualified and most capable people generally don't run for public office which is a great argument for keeping Government small.

Also... They don't seem to fill the top positions with regard to governement jobs either.

Like Nanker said... We as a society are losing common sense.

Look who we are offered with to try and speak that common sense, the likes of Palin and Bush... :thumbdown: