Dear Bama Fans

Chilly

Hey Fellow Big 12 Brother, Sorry for the loss but you have nothing to hang your head over. Had sissyboy not left the game, you win that one.

Congrats on a great season. Oh and if the 2nd half is any indication you are in good hands with that freshman QB of yours

Thanks. :w00t: I'm pretty proud of this Texas team, they showed a ton of heart and class last night.

Yeah, I'm excited about Gilbert. It's going to be a good battle again in Dallas next year!

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations! I can only reminisce of the way I felt in 2005 right now, being a UT student and having Vince Young win the national championship. It's the greatest feeling in the world to be the undisputed national champions, and you guys are it. I hope you have a better night than I did though back in '05, I woke up to puke all over my uncle and aunt's bathroom. :lol:

Seriously though, congrats. You guys played a heck of a football game, and without a doubt deserve to be a national champion. I only hope that at some point in the future, we get to meet up, and Garrett Gilbert will get to extract his revenge. I think he'll be a star, given the time! :w00t:

Again, congrats on the 2010 national championship! There isn't a better feeling in the entire world!

P.S. Thanks to the Bills for helping me to prepare for heartbreaking losses like this. 0:)

Enjoy Cynical and Bill! This is your time!

Enjoy the love while you can. Win another one anytime soon and the Tide join the ranks of most hated teams in football!

I dont think it is undisputed. Im disputing it. Boise State would have a shot at beating Alabama. They deserve a shot.

Nobody thought they had a chance against the Sooners in the Fiesta Bowl a few years ago. Also, Utah smoked Alabama last season which was very unexpected.

It is maddening to think about how awesome the bowl/playoff system in NCAA Football can be.

I am fairly confident the BCS got it right this year. Bama was the best team. I really do not think Boise St would come within 2 tds if they played Alabama. As far Colt Mccoy goes, I really do not think it would change the outcome if he played. I mostly feel bad for him though, he is one of the true competitors & a class act & it must of killed him to be sitting on the sidelines not being on the field. The one hope Texas had of winning this game I thought was if Mccoy had the game of his life, kinda like Vince Young did in 2005. It is a shame his college career had to end like that.

So, because you are fairly confident that they 'got it right' this year means that THE premier event in college sports should not go to a playoff system?

What about the years where you're fairly confident that they 'got it wrong'?

It is a pathetic system that sometimes 'gets it fairly confidently right'.

Enjoy the love while you can. Win another one anytime soon and the Tide join the ranks of most hated teams in football!

Here's to #14 next year. And #15 the year after, #16 the year after that, etc ... :w00t:

In football, I would rather be hated and feared than loved and hugged.

During the Bills glory years, who could forget the sign "We're back!!!! Deal with it America!"

Here's to #14 next year. And #15 the year after, #16 the year after that, etc ... :w00t:

In football, I would rather be hated and feared than loved and hugged.

During the Bills glory years, who could forget the sign "We're back!!!! Deal with it America!"

I agree, that's why I said "enjoy the love while you can". Enjoying the winning is a completely different thing. :lol:

So, because you are fairly confident that they 'got it right' this year means that THE premier event in college sports should not go to a playoff system?

What about the years where you're fairly confident that they 'got it wrong'?

It is a pathetic system that sometimes 'gets it fairly confidently right'.

What is going to be interesting next year is the Boise St returns 21 of 22 starters, they are going to be loaded. With their win against TCU, I have read that might be enough to jump them to as high as #3 or #2 to start the season. They play Virginia Tech in Maryland & Oregon St at home I believe so their schedule has some teeth. If they do start out in the top 5 & run the table, there is a great chance that they will get into the national title game next year.

BTW, I do not agree with the system, all I am saying is I think it is pretty clear that Alabama was the best team this year.

Last night was the greatest night of my life! As a life long Bama/Bills fan, I'll have to admit that I love Bama 2x as much as Buffalo.

And whoever said something about Boise St. matching up with Bama.... :w00t: Once they can go through a real schedule against real teams with a real championship game, then they can play in the BCS Title game.

Last night was the greatest night of my life! As a life long Bama/Bills fan, I'll have to admit that I love Bama 2x as much as Buffalo.

And whoever said something about Boise St. matching up with Bama.... :w00t: Once they can go through a real schedule against real teams with a real championship game, then they can play in the BCS Title game.

Bama would make mince meat out of Boise St.

my point is, you just dont know for sure. Especially with dealing with undefeated teams. It isnt that much of a stretch to think Boise State could beat Alabama. I would definitely put money on Alabama if there was no line. But I would love to see that game.

the mid majors have definitely proved over the past few years that the gap is much, much less than it has historically been.

Just like Utah last year...

Alabama '08 - a team that came off a heart-breaking loss to Florida to play the "bride's maid" against a team they had no respect for AND missing 2 starting OL

Utah '08 - this was their national championship and they had something to prove

I'm not discounting who won the game, but comparing Utah '08/Bama '08 Sugar Bowl to Boise '09/Bama '09 BCSCG doesn't make sense to me.

I dont think it is undisputed. Im disputing it. Boise State would have a shot at beating Alabama. They deserve a shot.

Nobody thought they had a chance against the Sooners in the Fiesta Bowl a few years ago. Also, Utah smoked Alabama last season which was very unexpected.

It is maddening to think about how awesome the bowl/playoff system in NCAA Football can be.

+1000000000000000000000000000000

What is going to be interesting next year is the Boise St returns 21 of 22 starters, they are going to be loaded. With their win against TCU, I have read that might be enough to jump them to as high as #3 or #2 to start the season. They play Virginia Tech in Maryland & Oregon St at home I believe so their schedule has some teeth. If they do start out in the top 5 & run the table, there is a great chance that they will get into the national title game next year.

BTW, I do not agree with the system, all I am saying is I think it is pretty clear that Alabama was the best team this year.

Boise State will have their shot to prove to the voters that they should get in the BCS Championship because of those matchups you mention. Playing Virginia Tech at FedEx Field is a game I look forward to seeing. It is basically an away game, so a good matchup away and at home against major conference foes should give them some respect, should they win.

Boise State will have their shot to prove to the voters that they should get in the BCS Championship because of those matchups you mention. Playing Virginia Tech at FedEx Field is a game I look forward to seeing. It is basically an away game, so a good matchup away and at home against major conference foes should give them some respect, should they win.

I doubt they will have a chance, give the power$ that be will ensure every chance that the power conferences cash in first.