McClain

LABills08

he looked good but I don't know. He didn't look #9 overall good for a linebacker. I didn't see the freakish athleticism I was led to believe that I would see.

Did Cody even play on defense last night? The only time I saw him on the field was playing fullback.

Remember that meaningless win against Indy when McClain gets taken a pick or two ahead of us, at a spot that we woulda had if we hadn't won that meaningless game.

I know. I wish we would have gone 0-16. Wouldn't be any problems then.

he looked good but I don't know. He didn't look #9 overall good for a linebacker. I didn't see the freakish athleticism I was led to believe that I would see.

Did Cody even play on defense last night? The only time I saw him on the field was playing fullback.

The reason why he doesn't get to show off is because Saban doesn't let him just free lance and let him do what he wants. McClain's job for that defense is to put everyone in the right position and clean up everything there. If you didn't notice in the game he doesn't blitz very much he drops a lot into coverage. He almost had a leaping INT last night. If I had to say that the guy has a weakness it would be his blitzing. At times , I thought he looked very lazy coming in for a blitz. I dont know if he was waiting for something to set up or not but I thought he could have done a better job then that. He is good at run stuffing and dropping into coverage. He leads his defense and isn't required to be Mr. Everything.

The reason why he doesn't get to show off is because Saban doesn't let him just free lance and let him do what he wants. McClain's job for that defense is to put everyone in the right position and clean up everything there. If you didn't notice in the game he doesn't blitz very much he drops a lot into coverage. He almost had a leaping INT last night. If I had to say that the guy has a weakness it would be his blitzing. At times , I thought he looked very lazy coming in for a blitz. I dont know if he was waiting for something to set up or not but I thought he could have done a better job then that. He is good at run stuffing and dropping into coverage. He leads his defense and isn't required to be Mr. Everything.

don't get me wrong, I thought he looked very good. I am just not sure that he looked like a top-10 pick for a linebacker - cause they are rare (unless he runs some crazy times in the combine)

Remember that meaningless win against Indy when McClain gets taken a pick or two ahead of us, at a spot that we woulda had if we hadn't won that meaningless game.

There are some excellent players available with the number 9 pick and they are at positons where we have needs. I am actually more worried about the later picks.