What about Schottenheimer?

I thought Marty Schottenheimer would make a lot of sense for the new HC but there has been little talk about him. Buddy Nix and Marty are probably friends from San Diego.

freinds?....try, best friends....they also are a perfect match professionaly.....look for the second Father/Son combo to hook up with Marty & Brian (shanahans in wash). Marty will come out of retirement for 2-3 years with a guarantee that his son takes over after him. All these other interviews are window dressing (just my opinion). btw, one of those very reliable ESPN experts (cough) named mort says Marty is ready.

I don't know guys - Dan Reeves was on the radio here in Atlanta last night. He said he had spoken to Marty within the last week. Marty told him that he does not want to coach.

No way! Breaking News

Duh that has been known for like a month that he doesn't want to coach

I thought Marty Schottenheimer would make a lot of sense for the new HC but there has been little talk about him. Buddy Nix and Marty are probably friends from San Diego.

They are very good friends. That doesn't mean Schottenheimer will come out of retirement tho...

WOW

You need to get a clue and come out of your cave every now and then.

1.) Marty has already stated he doesn't want to coach OR he very much doubts he will.

2.) Nix and Marty Schottenheimer are very close friends as stated many times.

Hey, is every one of your posts an attack on someone? Chill man.

It may have something to do w/ the fact that Schottenheimer has told everyone who has asked him that he is in no way interested in coaching football again.

One of the lesser-known laws of physics says this:

Many months of saying "no interest whatsoever" can be completely overturned by then saying (yesterday) "I don't think it's very likely. I haven't heard anything at all, said the former Chargers, Redskins, Chief and Browns head coach. "I did call Buddy Nix yesterday and left him a congratulatory message (about being named General Manager)."

linkitude: http://www.wgrz.com/news/local/story.aspx?...273&catid=4

Marty may be interested.

freinds?....try, best friends....they also are a perfect match professionaly.....look for the second Father/Son combo to hook up with Marty & Brian (shanahans in wash). Marty will come out of retirement for 2-3 years with a guarantee that his son takes over after him. All these other interviews are window dressing (just my opinion). btw, one of those very reliable ESPN experts (cough) named mort says Marty is ready.

I AGREE!

I think they are doing everything they can to get Cowher. If that falls through. Nix will be on the phone with Marty and a deal will get done quickly.

I have my fingers crossed on that one, Maddog. I think I'd rather have Schottzie and Schottzie Jr. than anyone!!!

:wallbash::o:(