favorite Bills player?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

God the man could block. a human D9 cat. Not sexy like a QB or WR but I sure liked watching him.

I still wear my Gash jersey with pride. First time he was here he was awesome to watch, just laying people out. The 2nd time I think it was Mularkey and kept throwing him the ball instead of using him as a lead blocker, idiot.

This is my first post, although I enjoy reading the comments of others daily.

My favorite Bills player is/was Jim Braxton. When he was a rookie here in 1971, he and his wife and baby lived in the apartment next to me, and we became friends. Not only was he a terrific fullback, but he was one of the nicest and most down-to-earth people I have ever known.

In addition to being a fine runner, his blocking ability was one of the reasons for the amazing numbers posted by OJ Simpson, including his 2000+ yard season in 1973. He unfortunately died at 37 of lung cancer in 1986.

A wonderful man, fondly remembered.

1st - Thurman, he was such a unique RB. There was no RB in the history of the NFL who set up his blocks the way he did. He excelled in every aspect of the game and did it at 195lbs.

2nd - Jimbo has done so much on and off of the field for Buffalo. The amazing thing is that he continues to do so.

3rd - Bruce was the best player ever to wear a Bills uniform IMO.

Aaron Maybin

I've turned over a new leaf and have decided that his lack of productivity in his rookie year was due to incompetent coaching. His stats next year will be in the neighborhood of 16 games started, 97 tackles, 19 tackles for loss, 13 sacks.

Aaron Maybin

I've turned over a new leaf and have decided that his lack of productivity in his rookie year was due to incompetent coaching. His stats next year will be in the neighborhood of 16 games started, 97 tackles, 19 tackles for loss, 13 sacks.

Is he going back to Penn St.? <_<

Is he going back to Penn St.? <_<

Really? how much Beer is in the Ball? Maybin needs to be utilized in the same fashion Bryce Paup was - as a speed rushing LB.

He is no DE and appears immature so I'm very bearish on his career

Really? how much Beer is in the Ball? Maybin needs to be utilized in the same fashion Bryce Paup was - as a speed rushing LB.

He is no DE and appears immature so I'm very bearish on his career

Both physically and mentaqlly he appears immature (very light frame, and the overactive celebrations at ordinary tackles).

But, at least he does not appear to be a thug; seems a well-spoken, gentlemanly young man who potnetially will grow in all aspects.

I am far from giving up on him he may well turn out.

On the other hand it seems equally likley that ORakpo has just amassed more sacks in his rookie season than maybin will in his entire career.

Just like Byrd in his rookie season has eclipsed what will eventually by Lil Dontes career interception number.