Shanahan now with skins

rafter

Agreed, the GM was bait for Shanahan

although probably impossible to prove.....i bet when shanahan notified the bills he was taking his name out of contention.....he had a verbal deal in place with washington. the redskins will be investigated for making a sham of the rooney rule.

Dan Snyder is good at spending money, but that hasn't exactly translated into results on the field.

Yep. I predict that Shanahan continues that Redskin "tradition". He was fired in Denver for a reason. I'm very happy the Bills did not win this sweepstakes.

when the details come out.....don't be suprised if he is getting $7 mil from wash AND $ 3.5 from Denver for the first two years.....then $10 mil from washington in years 3-5.

Doubtful about the denver $$. I think most coaching contracts have a clause that if they get another HC job, the contract is null and they don't get more $$.

Doubtful about the denver $$. I think most coaching contracts have a clause that if they get another HC job, the contract is null and they don't get more $$.

while that might be true for most contracts......shanahans deal specifically continues at 50% of the original $ 7 million. denver is still on the hook for $3.5 million a year for 2010 & 2011. his signing with wash does NOT void that.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_14127983?source=rss

Ok so he turns down 10 mill per to coach Buffalo so he can make 3 million less per year to coach the Redskins? Um yeah, Buffalo is an attractive job... <_<

probaby the worst job in the league, Raiders aside. it just is. think about . crappy talent pool, no qb, no LT, one LB, franchse sale on the horizon.. who the heck would want that job? and now cowher can't have gm and coach. he's not coming to wny. forget it. move on.

when the details come out.....don't be suprised if he is getting $7 mil from wash AND $ 3.5 from Denver for the first two years.....then $10 mil from washington in years 3-5.

Once Shanahan signs, Denver is off the hook I believe that's how it works, or some type of settlement kicks in.

hoping that the News report that Bills will take their time in deliberating/interviewing over hc is subterfuge and that Cowher signs by eow. Shanny made the market, now there should be no time wasted negotiating contract terms w/ Cowher.

If deal is not consumated by eow; time to move away from Cowher.

Anyone catch "Coach Speak with Brian Billick" last night? He seems eager to get back into the game and I believe would really bring some vitality to the organization. I don't mind the arrogance, esp after the Jauron