Billick.......NO THANKS

wil1226

He never really had good offenses, and his defenses were not of his doing, either.

Well, except for when he was the OC in Minnesota. That team set an NFL record for points scored in a season, and is why he was offered the HC job in Baltimore to begin with.

With 1:59 remaining, the Ravens faced second-and-one at the Buffalo 49. Instead of calling for a running play to pick up the first down, Billick decided to throw three times - all incompletions.

Is that all you have? What coach hasn’t called a few boneheaded calls during their tenure?

In 2000 the Bills were 8-8. In that same year, the Ravens, under Billick went on to throttle the Giants 34-7 in the Superbowl.

0-4 ring a bell?

Well, except for when he was the OC in Minnesota. That team set an NFL record for points scored in a season, and is why he was offered the HC job in Baltimore to begin with.

That and his SB ring are heavily weighed down by three offensive plays. Let the loser stay home. Who needs him? :devil:

My view is that a head coach doesn't need to be the guy with the brilliant scheme to fix the offense/defense/people who sell giant foam fingers in the stands

The head coach needs to be a guy with contacts that bring those people in and then let them run the offense / defense while maintain an overall team philosophy. I'm not sold on Billick, but he does seem to have gotten that in Baltimore. I think he's aware he needs a strong defensive coordinator (and talent evaluator / GM).

We've hired coaches that *knew* defense or offense. There's a reason that Gregg Williams improves the defense wherever he goes, but was an awful head coach. Billick may be an *ssclown, but I'm not as much against him as I was originally.

Also, it would make for a battle of the "BB"s in the AFC East.

My view is that a head coach doesn't need to be the guy with the brilliant scheme to fix the offense/defense/people who sell giant foam fingers in the stands

The head coach needs to be a guy with contacts that bring those people in and then let them run the offense / defense while maintain an overall team philosophy. I'm not sold on Billick, but he does seem to have gotten that in Baltimore. I think he's aware he needs a strong defensive coordinator (and talent evaluator / GM).

We've hired coaches that *knew* defense or offense. There's a reason that Gregg Williams improves the defense wherever he goes, but was an awful head coach. Billick may be an *ssclown, but I'm not as much against him as I was originally.

Also, it would make for a battle of the "BB"s in the AFC East.

Billick gets his phone calls returned. He gives the bills a good shot to put together an top flight coaching staff and professionally put together a staff and a roster. When is tha last time we have seen that ?

Billick gets his phone calls returned. He gives the bills a good shot to put together an top flight coaching staff and professionally put together a staff and a roster. When is tha last time we have seen that ?

Which is why I've warmed up to him.

I agree, in Baltimore I never saw the offensive genius of Brian. The D carried that team and the O was a train wreck.

I don't think any coach would be considered an offensive genius if he had to work with Trent Dilfer, Elvis Grbac, or Kyle Boller. I like Billick as coach and would be happy to have him in Buffalo.

With 1:59 remaining, the Ravens faced second-and-one at the Buffalo 49. Instead of calling for a running play to pick up the first down, Billick decided to throw three times - all incompletions.

"The Ravens joined Super Bowl XVIII's Los Angeles Raiders in the record books as the only teams to score offensive, defensive and special teams touchdowns in the same Super Bowl.

All the main contributors for the Ravens on offense, defense, and special teams were Lewises. Jamal Lewis was the top rusher of the game, Jermaine Lewis notched 145 yards and a touchdown on special teams, and linebacker Ray Lewis was named Super Bowl MVP. In addition, the Ravens defense was coached by Marvin Lewis. The Ravens defense has since been considered among the greatest of all time."

Baltimore Ravens, Super Bowl XXXV Champions- HC? Brian Billick.

Has anyone associated with the Buffalo Bills done this since 1965?!?!?!

What other bona fide coach is out there for us to bring in now that Shanahan and Cowher said PASS?!?!!!

THINK about what you have witnessed since 1995 and get back with me... WTF?

Cowher wants the job in Carolina, period. John Fox is done in one year. Leave him alone.

I too have warmed to Billick, maybe with Weis as OC?

I am willing to forgive some bad decisions by an HC, including Billick's own timeout call against the Pats.

Try it.

I don't think any coach would be considered an offensive genius if he had to work with Trent Dilfer, Elvis Grbac, or Kyle Boller. I like Billick as coach and would be happy to have him in Buffalo.

Very true

Trent Dilfer vs. Trent Edwards

Elvis Grbac vs. Ryan Fitzpatrick

Kyle Boller vs. Brian Brohm

Billick's version of Ground Hog Day.

Cowher wants the job in Carolina, period. John Fox is done in one year. Leave him alone.

I too have warmed to Billick, maybe with Weis as OC?

I am willing to forgive some bad decisions by an HC, including Billick's own timeout call against the Pats.

Try it.

Well beggers cant be choosers and having been turned down by Cowher and Shanahan makes us beggers.Getting Cowher in here would have energized the fans,Not so sure about Billick. :flirt:

I agree, in Baltimore I never saw the offensive genius of Brian. The D carried that team and the O was a train wreck.

Isn't that something?

And he's known to be such an offensive guy...

..perhaps it's his arrogance and ego that are offensive.