Bills list just got longer

seq004

Here's the link. I don't know what's true anymore. Possible coaches

How many brain cells do you think Grimm has left after 10 years of life in the trenches in the NFC East circa 80's and early 90's? I'm thinking not many.

He's been in coaching awfully long time and still has not been made an OC. Sorry, but that's a red flag to me.

He's the only coordinator I've seen mentioned so far that I like. The one thing that worries me is that most of the people they're interviewing have backgrounds on defense and I'm really concerned that a lot of them are going to have trouble putting together a competent staff of assistants to coach the offense.

He's the only coordinator I've seen mentioned so far that I like. The one thing that worries me is that most of the people they're interviewing have backgrounds on defense and I'm really concerned that a lot of them are going to have trouble putting together a competent staff of assistants to coach the offense.

He's not an offensive coordinator, he's never been one either. He has some baloney "running game coordinator" title that sounds just plain goofy. Like giving a big dog a biscuit and tapping him on the head saying "good boy Russ, good boy".

I'm not feeling Grimm at all. Jim Harbaugh should be the next name on the list after Cowher, but the Bills are dumb and will no doubt hire another crappy head coach in a long line of crappy head coaches.

I'm as excited as anybody at the prospect of Bill Cower coaching the Bills, but if that doesn't happen and we start interviewing coordinators, I've heard Ron Rivera and Russ Grimm and Leslie Frazier mentioned. Why has Jason Garrett fallen off everyones radar? 2 years ago he was such a hot prospect that JJ gave home 3 mil a year to OC. After a down year in 2008, the Cowboys offence looks pretty impressive again this year. If we want an offensive minded coach, shouldn't he be high on our list or did I miss something?

He's not an offensive coordinator, he's never been one either. He has some baloney "running game coordinator" title that sounds just plain goofy. Like giving a big dog a biscuit and tapping him on the head saying "good boy Russ, good boy".

I'm not feeling Grimm at all. Jim Harbaugh should be the next name on the list after Cowher, but the Bills are dumb and will no doubt hire another crappy head coach in a long line of crappy head coaches.

John Harbaugh was never a coordinator before becoming an HC. Neiher was Tony Sparano. Not being a coordinator doesn't mean you can't be a good coach. It means you have a slightly different skill set. Grimm could easily hire some good coordinators and have no worries.

Well, let me re-phrase it. I suppose its not so much that I like Russ Grimm but that this group of coordinator candidates really sucks. IMO, he's the best of the bunch that's currently being connected to the Bills, but that isn't saying a whole lot.

Listening to Ruben Brown on WECK this afternoon. He says the only coaching staff Billick can assemble are all unemployed guys. Who would want that?

PTR

Who is Rivera or Grimm going to hire? Not to mention, I don't remember Ruben Brown turning into Jason Glazier. :devil:

John Harbaugh was never a coordinator before becoming an HC. Neiher was Tony Sparano. Not being a coordinator doesn't mean you can't be a good coach. It means you have a slightly different skill set. Grimm could easily hire some good coordinators and have no worries.

But seriously, why wouldn't Weisenhunt promote him to offensive coordinator? That would have been the logical progression when they both bolted for Arizona. I get the feeling that Grimm just doesn't have the mental capacity for the job. So if that's the case then I certainly don't want him becoming the head coach of the Bills. John Harbaugh was clearly such a good head coaching prospect that he was able to make that jump quickly. Soprano was a Parcells protege so he knew that he had the goods.

But seriously, why wouldn't Weisenhunt promote him to offensive coordinator? That would have been the logical progression when they both bolted for Arizona. I get the feeling that Grimm just doesn't have the mental capacity for the job. So if that's the case then I certainly don't want him becoming the head coach of the Bills. John Harbaugh was clearly such a good head coaching prospect that he was able to make that jump quickly. Soprano was a Parcells protege so he knew that he had the goods.

Good point.

I am intrigued with Grimm as a possibility because everywhere the man has gone, he's been part of a winner. He's won 3 Super Bowls as a player in Washington, 1 as a coach with Pittsburgh, and he helped Arizona achieve their first Super Bowl appearance.

He's not first on my list of ideal candidates, but the Bills could do a lot worse, IMHO.