Can we give Coach Sal some credit here?

JimBob2232

The dude has been spot on. Nobody believes him when he has a scoop.

1) Broke Lee Evans Contract Extension Story

2) Broke the T.O. Signing.

3) Broke the "Cowher and Bills are talking" story.

Why do we hear so much crap when he breaks something? Obviously he has a connection somewhere (or did before today...)

Why do we hear so much crap when he breaks something? Obviously he has a connection somewhere (or did before today...)

Mort reported the same thing yesterday that Sal reported days before. I bet ESPN called it a Mort exclusive.

He still sucks.

Watched his post game show yesterday. It was almost unwatchable. Long breaks to play music and watch him dance. Stupid little games where he has people type things in the chat. Just talk about the game/coach news! Really bad will not watch again. Ill give him credit for his scooping big name media people on the cowher talks, but cant put together a good show.

Well, I'm skeptical of the guy because he's a cherry picker. If he has a source, great. But he's only "reporting" news that would eventually be reported anyway, so what's the big deal? If you want to say he's great because he reported two signings, that's pretty sad. Let the guy build a body of work, provide some insight behind the scenes that doesn't involve just signings (afterall, he could have a contact in the league office, not OBD).

Everyone loves to slam the mainstream media guys because of their misses while never applauding their hits. We get this guy who makes a report once in a blue moon and reports something that was coming anyway and suddenly this transplanted gym-class-hero who is deparately clinging to a weekly (not end of season finalist) Connelly Cup nomination in his internet bio has journalistic football credibility? Wow, guess I should dust off that BA in journalism and start my own website. And no, I'm not some failed journalist with an ax to grind, I'm doing just fine with advanced degrees and a stable 9-5 making more than a pauper's wage.

Well, I'm skeptical of the guy because he's a cherry picker. If he has a source, great. But he's only "reporting" news that would eventually be reported anyway, so what's the big deal? If you want to say he's great because he reported two signings, that's pretty sad. Let the guy build a body of work, provide some insight behind the scenes that doesn't involve just signings (afterall, he could have a contact in the league office, not OBD).

Everyone loves to slam the mainstream media guys because of their misses while never applauding their hits. We get this guy who makes a report once in a blue moon and reports something that was coming anyway and suddenly this transplanted gym-class-hero who is deparately clinging to a weekly (not end of season finalist) Connelly Cup nomination in his internet bio has journalistic football credibility? Wow, guess I should dust off that BA in journalism and start my own website. And no, I'm not some failed journalist with an ax to grind, I'm doing just fine with advanced degrees and a stable 9-5 making more than a pauper's wage.

The reason nobody slams Sal for his "misses" is because there really isn't any. The fact that he reports something that is going to be reported anyway is pretty good considering this "gym-class hero" does it before all of the mainstream guys you feel don't feel get the proper recognition.

He may just have mentioned the Connelly Cup nomination in his bio because he is proud...like you and your advanced degrees. Nobody said you are clinging to them and your 9-5 because you desperately wish your life had gone another direction and feel hell bent on ranting against the only guy that hasn't been flinging he said/she said s@#t against the wall, hoping something sticks.

Can someone explain who he is? I obviously have heard of him from reading the posts here, but is he someone on air, or involved with the media? I give him credit as he obviously has some sources/inside info. but until a few weeks ago I never heard of this guy???

Can someone explain who he is? I obviously have heard of him from reading the posts here, but is he someone on air, or involved with the media? I give him credit as he obviously has some sources/inside info. but until a few weeks ago I never heard of this guy???

He broadcasts his own show on ustream (10k viewers last night): http://www.ustream.tv/channel/buffalo-bills-now

:devil:

But he's only "reporting" news that would eventually be reported anyway, so what's the big deal?

This has to be one of the most absurd sentences ever posted on this board.

It's called a scoop. Obviously Sal scooped all the others.

I bet if some guy came from the future & gave you the Super Bowl score, you'd say-"So what's the big deal, everyone will know it in February. You're just telling me a score that would be eventually reported anyway."

I wasn't too familiar with who coach Sal was so when I heard about the Cowher talk I took it with a big grain of salt because I didn't feel he was a credible source. BUT I am more then willing to admit I was wrong about him. He seems to be a credible source with some sort of insider source in the media or in the organization. So I officially hold coach Sal in higher regard then some dude on the internet.